• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

No - generally I support localism and only buy clothes that have labels on the inside (I actually think the concept of wearing another man's name on your chest or round your waist is strangely homoerotic)

Hahaha your having a laugh on the last part are you not? Do you feel the same about the cars you drive with the name of the founder on them or the food you eat having someones name on it? The name of some blokes sausage on a packet before you devour it?

I mean there are principals and there is what you have said, Homoerotic, hahahahah thats tickled me

Hahaha your having a laugh on the last part are you not? Do you feel the same about the cars you drive with the name of the founder on them or the food you eat having someones name on it? The name of some blokes sausage on a packet before you devour it?

I mean there are principals and there is what you have said, Homoerotic, hahahahah thats tickled me
Yup, when he climbs into a Ford, Henry winces.

This man's name, touching your rooster?

e3616df802b311ee81dc9414a6b384e1.jpg

Organisations always have cultures, an ethos. I'm sure everyone would agree that News Corp is evil, whereas the BBC is much less so. Size is often a good guide, the bigger an organisation the more detached from humanity it becomes.
No I wouldn't agree. Those who run News Corp are doing what the board of all businesses are legally required to do - act in the best interests of their shareholders. Despite the recent fad of "corporate responsibility" the overwhelming interpretation of that is to maximise returns, either through growth or dividends. You may not like that, if I were being incredibly harsh I'd describe it as selfish or maybe uncaring. There's no evil in there as there's no intent to do harm.

Nike is mainly made up of pension funds and ISAs, etc. How is a pension fund evil?

He sounds like a very insecure individual

Organisations always have cultures, an ethos. I'm sure everyone would agree that News Corp is evil, whereas the BBC is much less so. Size is often a good guide, the bigger an organisation the more detached from humanity it becomes.

Not convinced about the BBC, I still find the way it tries to subvert democracy pretty evil, and if I want to watch t.v. in this country I have to give them money hmm.

Agree on your later point about not wearing labels on your clothes. I am fairly wealthy but I do not like to show it, far more classy having well made clothes with no over the top designs or logos on them.

No I wouldn't agree. Those who run News Corp are doing what the board of all businesses are legally required to do - act in the best interests of their shareholders. Despite the recent fad of "corporate responsibility" the overwhelming interpretation of that is to maximise returns, either through growth or dividends. You may not like that, if I were being incredibly harsh I'd describe it as selfish or maybe uncaring. There's no evil in there as there's no intent to do harm.

Nike is mainly made up of pension funds and ISAs, etc. How is a pension fund evil?

You can become evil by doing evil things, if maximizing returns leads you to make evil decisions you are evil- intent is not always necessary.

A Pension fund is evil if it complicity or implicitly allows firms they own or have a major stake to continue to do evil things in the name of profits.

That-Escalated-Quickly-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-18.gif

How about that new stadium Tottenham are building, then, eh?

Saw this posted on Skyscrapercity:

JWqW7Sq.jpg

Ok, I know I'm not 12, but that sounds pretty cool to me anyhow. :D :p

You can become evil by doing evil things, if maximizing returns leads you to make evil decisions you are evil- intent is not always necessary.

A Pension fund is evil if it complicity or implicitly allows firms they own or have a major stake to continue to do evil things in the name of profits.
I assume from that answer you believe it's evil to pay market rates for labour in countries with very low rates of pay?

It's so funny. We've got a classic fourteenth century heraldic symbol as our current name, and people seem keen to pollute it with an evil corporation that practices child labour in the third world and produces tacky clothes the dregs of western society

I've had Nike and a subsidiary firm as clients for many years. They've been wonderful to deal with. They hire top people who clearly love what they do and who they work for and their foresight and organization make my job a pleasure.

They've also granted me several opportunities to enjoy merchandise for free or at great discount from their employee store. I've used all manner of items - ice hockey skates, sticks and gloves, athletic and leisure shoes, fitness equipment, golf clubs, balls and shirts and sweatshirts and athletic undershirts. My kids have had similar experiences.

Not once have I ever been disappointed with their gear. It's all well made and durable. Among my favourite shoes, a pair of five-year-old suede leather loafers have drawn several envious enquiries.

Here in Norfa Merica, their stores are fun to shop in and they do a marvellous job of promoting the clubs they supply kits for.

Your mileage may vary, but I'm happy to see Spurs connected to Nike.

Would you be happy called NWHL 'The Daily Mail Stadium'? Even if Paul Dacre and the Rothermeres promise to be really nice and cuddly in the future?
Personally, yes.
Though with the caveat that there's too many reactionary types out there who would get filled with faux-outrage over something that happened 70/80 years ago and so cause bad publicity for the club I love.

Back