• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

It's a smart move allright. Esports is growing as fudge, and millions of kids are watching. It's an untapped market at this point (says the guy who knows fudge all about economics). Smart move. Get in early. Harvest the cash that's basically waiting for us. I imagine very little investment for a potential big fat field of money.

Still dont know what esports is, is it that thing where geeks and asian kids go to stadiums and play computer games? saw a t.v. show on it once where someone of these geeks and asian kids actually did it for a living. Good luck to em really, guess if they make enough money they can pay a prossie to take their virginity.
One of my mates ran an e-sports team for a good few years......sold it last year to the Philly 76ers for north of $10 Million.

It's a massive growth area, but we aren't exactly first movers on this. Well worth getting involved though....it could easily do numbers on the cash front.

All kids do now is go on their mobiles, consoles and anything that doesnt involve face to face interaction. Smart move. They dont want to go and watch football matches.
I'd have to disagree. My 9 year old boy loves Xbox and switch, but he also loves playing football, and plays or trains virtually every day. I also took him to five games at WHL, and a couple at Wembley. He's never once suggested he doesn't want to go, and he's really excited to be going to the NLD. All his mates are the same.

I'd have to disagree. My 9 year old boy loves Xbox and switch, but he also loves playing football, and plays or trains virtually every day. I also took him to five games at WHL, and a couple at Wembley. He's never once suggested he doesn't want to go, and he's really excited to be going to the NLD. All his mates are the same.

You have a 9 year old .... Lemonademoney you really are one of the most funniest random posters here ... had you down as a pot smoking student

Although I can't see the appeal of watching someone else play video games, fair play to them if they can make a career out of it. Beats working ;) If Spurs can make a few quid out of it to spend on a tricksy French winger, then all the better.

Hate the name though. Shouldn't be embarrassed to call it gaming.

Same here with my 7 y/o grandson. He never stops begging me to go out into the garden or the park to play quite literally regardless of rain, ice or darkness, and when his grandad says sorry but he doesn't fancy a mudbath today then he absolutely insists on some sort of a kick-about indoors with a balloon or whatever comes to hand.

He's already fanatical about Spurs and nothing thrills him more than a trip to Wembley with his - and other - Spurs-supporting families and their like-minded offspring with whom he also loves to play.

One of the real joys about going to Wembley these days is to see so many other dads - and often mums too - trawling up Wembley Way with their young kids.

The future's bright, the future's Lilywhite. :D

Not sure I've seen this picture before, so posting it here. Looks bloody nice. :D

THFC_00_Populous.jpg
That shot is going over the bar and the keeper is bloody tall!

"...Still dont know what esports is, is it that thing where geeks and asian kids go to stadiums and play computer games?"

Indeed. The esports stadium chairs are very cool. A lot of teak and leather. Apparently southern Scandinavian in design. Mm-hmm. Who's interested now?

8513729_1.jpg

Here's the players' lounge:

fritz-hansen-uited-nations-furniture_dezeen_2364_ss_4-852x609.jpg

and the official gaming credenza:

31e6df56224629b1434954e6bcd925f5--mid-century-modern-credenza-mid-century-sideboard.jpg

Is that Danish?

I will wack out the custard get my lace tights on and have one hell of a wacking time.

It's professional gaming league/tournaments. Don't be surprised when NWHL hosts a tournament one day in the actual stadium, these tournaments draw over 50k attendance in some cases.

Well good luck to them really.

Just an old man who does not get it really, understand the boxing or a music concert. But yeah anything that brings in money is good and a clever move. Wonder what concessions those geeks eat, milk and cookies or something I guess.

Back