• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Spurs new stadium costs forecast to come in between £750-800m
construction costs between £750 million and £800 million
Originally budgeted £400 million
Spurs agreed a £400 million five-year bank loan
Spurs spent £340 million from their own resources “on the acquisition of land, the planning process (including a compulsory purchase order and legal challenges),”
The new £400 million loan replaced a £200 million interim financing facility from the same banks of which £100 million has been drawn down.
As usual, this article just blathers on without making proper sense... there is no summation of these amounts...
It was supposed to cost 400m... they spent 340m on land and stuff... they replaced a 200m loan with a 400m loan... errrr... er.... um.... and nothing.

This is not an article.
This is dreadful.

It has no sum like 400m + 5% increase to xyz + 100m for abc = 800m

Just an awful, awful article. They know absolutely nothing.

As usual, this article just blathers on without making proper sense... there is no summation of these amounts...
It was supposed to cost 400m... they spent 340m on land and stuff... they replaced a 200m loan with a 400m loan... errrr... er.... um.... and nothing.

This is not an article.
This is dreadful.

It has no sum like 400m + 5% increase to xyz + 100m for abc = 800m

Just an awful, awful article. They know absolutely nothing.

400m + 5% increase to 420m + 100m for abc = 520m ;)

I always thought the £800m price tag was everything sainsburys the stadium and the flats including the leisure center.

[roughly]

£350m acquiring land, planning, design etc
£400m Actual build
=£750m

£800 wouldnt even take it over the average contingency amount.

Its a complete non story.

And, lets be honest, who here believes for a second Levy isnt 1million% on top of the numbers? What chance is there of it EVER getting out of hand?

There arent enough lols...

Stupid question, probably, but what sort of maintenance are we looking at having to do over the coming years with the new stadium?

We have an old summer house down south in Sweden, been in the family since '46, it's been there since 1917, and of course since it's made of wood, there's a lot of brick to do all the time. Every fudging summer, there's some brick to maintain.

One of the oldest hockey rinks in Norway just got deconstructed earlier this year, it was built for the winter olympics in 1952 - the state it was in, especially inside and down below the stands, like in the core of the rink, it was just ... absolutely dreadful. Rats everywhere and some pieces of it just completely rotten. Grand old White Hart Lane didn't look too good on the inside towards the end either.

So - what sort of stuff would we have to do with this thing? It's not that I'm all that interested, haha, but the thought just hit me - it must be a massive job to maintain such a building, unless, of course, it's built to be easy to maintain, with the right materials and what have you.

Stupid question, probably, but what sort of maintenance are we looking at having to do over the coming years with the new stadium?
We have an old summer house down south in Sweden, been in the family since '46, it's been there since 1917, and of course since it's made of wood, there's a lot of brick to do all the time. Every fudging summer, there's some brick to maintain.

One of the oldest hockey rinks in Norway just got deconstructed earlier this year, it was built for the winter olympics in 1952 - the state it was in, especially inside and down below the stands, like in the core of the rink, it was just ... absolutely dreadful. Rats everywhere and some pieces of it just completely rotten. Grand old White Hart Lane didn't look too good on the inside towards the end either.

So - what sort of stuff would we have to do with this thing? It's not that I'm all that interested, haha, but the thought just hit me - it must be a massive job to maintain such a building, unless, of course, it's built to be easy to maintain, with the right materials and what have you.
It's mostly concrete, unlike that Eco-Stadium being built of wood...

It's mostly concrete, unlike that Eco-Stadium being built of wood...

Experts reckon concrete is good for 100+ years. The stuff built in the 1950s is seen to be maybe getting towards halfway through its lifespan.

But like Victorian Welsh roofing slates, where the current answer is 'at least 150 years', the lifespan of concrete is actually still a bit of an unknown.

Experts reckon concrete is good for 100+ years. The stuff built in the 1950s is seen to be maybe getting towards halfway through its lifespan.

But like Victorian Welsh roofing slates, where the current answer is 'at least 150 years', the lifespan of concrete is actually still a bit of an unknown.
We're gonna win the league in the year 2111... and I can't wait

I'd say "the lifespan of concrete" is a bit like "the lifespan of wood" i.e. it depends on loads of factors i.e. component mix, quality of materials, additives to speed drying/aid strength, chemicals, conditions when pouring, general temperatures, time to cure, time to cure before stress applied, amount of steel inside, whether any steel got exposed to the air and is rusting, general wear and tear at edges, stresses (bridge vs tower block vs small building) etc.

We'll all be dead anyway.

The concrete and steel structure has been meticulously engineered to withstand years of knee-jerking.

I know we cant possibly tell until it is complete, but it looks so tight in there that the pitch looks like it is going to be very close to the pitch. I understand due to regulations though that it wont be as close as WHL. But still, it's going to be better than the Goons and clearly better than Wet Spams! haha.

Back