• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I know we cant possibly tell until it is complete, but it looks so tight in there that the pitch looks like it is going to be very close to the pitch. I understand due to regulations though that it wont be as close as WHL. But still, it's going to be better than the Goons and clearly better than Wet Spams! haha.
Stands will be 8 meters from the pitch, and the south stand front seats will be only 5 meters from the goal line, compared to 12-16 meters at the death star.

e302a0592bf84614bd2951fe9c72ede3.jpg

I know we cant possibly tell until it is complete, but it looks so tight in there that the pitch looks like it is going to be very close to the pitch. I understand due to regulations though that it wont be as close as WHL. But still, it's going to be better than the Goons and clearly better than Wet Spams! haha.

It does look that way, doesn't it? I sure hope so.

Thanks for posting. Makes interesting reading. Being a dull finance person, I was interested in:
  • The 2016 Financial accounts contain an accrual deferred income amount of £45 Million shown as 'non-current liabilities'. Please explain the nature of this amount & who paid it to the club.
  • This amount relates to advance royalties paid in respect of a new sponsorship partner and a capital sum paid to the Club to cover certain NFL fit out costs
I assume the NFL fit out costs will be the minority of that amount; interesting that a new sponsor has paid us something and given this is a non-current liability, it relates to a financial period beyond the next 12 months. Maybe we've signed the stadium sponsor already?

The club should consider using a different term than "bowl". Takes the gloss off the brand new stadium. Exciting times ahead. Can't wait!
I assumed they just used the term 'bowl' as a general descriptor of the completed contiguous seating or terracing. NOt as a sign of any word that would be used in publicity or naming.

The club should consider using a different term than "bowl". Takes the gloss off the brand new stadium. Exciting times ahead. Can't wait!
Not least because other clubs' fans have already said it looks like a toilet seat from above. Referring to the stadium as a bowl would be inviting ridicule.

Fuuuck. I'd never have the nerve to work at a construction site. Would be scared brickless to get anything dropped in my head.

Back