• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

It conforms to the architect's view
a_fish_eye_view_by_bmad95-d5t14qf.jpg

Been trying to figure where the old centre circle will end up. IIRC it was going to be marked out for future visitors to see. Going to be a close call whether it's inside or outside.

WHL_39.png

V9A7681.jpg

I have said this before as well. And people say its not so. But it still looks like the Paxton Goal Line could be like exactly on the Goal line for the new Stadium.

They should`ve kept the old centre circle grass, and replanted it at the exact same spot in the new stadium. Chalk and all.

The plan for Stratford was to build the stadium we had planned initially for NWHL in place of the OS - think that says it all really, a token application to prevent West Ham from getting an even better deal than they ended up with whilst forcing Haringays hand with regards to our own bid to develop on the same location - money well spent

It was all done to stitch W.Ham up, we will have to disagree.

We have to disagree mate i can't see why he would go that far using our money to sabotage a team that isn't even competition.

What happened after we lost could be seen as levy digging his heels in and in turn making west hams terms very unfavourable to them in the long term.

The site was available and we saw an opportunity.

I think we should revisit his dialogue when we started looking at the site.

I know that you love levy but we were really looking ast Stratford as a part of the plan for sure. Plan b perhaps but it was still a consideration.

We have to disagree mate i can't see why he would go that far using our money to sabotage a team that isn't even competition.

What happened after we lost could be seen as levy digging his heels in and in turn making west hams terms very unfavourable to them in the long term.

I know that you love levy but we were really looking ast Stratford as a part of the plan for sure. Plan b perhaps but it was still a consideration.

I think you are right on this. His intention was certainly to move us there, albeit not into that ridiculous stadium that West Ham are in now. I'm not sure it was Levy's grand master plan that got us to where we are now but ultimately everything really has turned out for the best. We stayed at WHL, West Ham have a disaster of a stadium they don't own, and even the delay caused by Archway meant a total redesign of the original WHL2 plans to the glorious cathedral of football currently being erected.

All that notwithstanding we still have the best chairman in the PL by a long way. And he is a fan.

Last edited:

As you say we will agree to disagree, its all history now and there was plenty of debate around (do we move/should we move/ will we move) at the time and i do not intend to go through it all again.

Back