• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I find myself looking at this thread and the photos and the webcams every single day. I think I'm ruining it for myself as maybe it is is best to leave it a few weeks to see the progress and then I'll notice it more?

DBE8tWMXoAA90LM.jpg:large

DBE8yy2XUAAn7wV.jpg:large

Here's something to make you forget about working. It's been turned over to the old stadium now:

They've started to remove the roof on the East stand

Just spent (wasted?) half an hour watchig them pull the NW corner apart :rolleyes:

So thanks for that...........

Tottenham Hotspur Ltd., the Premier League soccer club that’s clawed itself up to become one of England’s elite teams, announced details of a 700 million-pound ($897 million) financing plan to fund a move into its new 61,500 seater stadium.

Tottenham, based in London and commonly known as Spurs, has signed a 400 million-pound facility with Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and HSBC Holdings Plc, the club said in a statement on Wednesday. That replaces an interim 200 million-pounds deal that was put in place in December 2015, of which 100 million pounds has been drawn to date. The financing was arranged by Rothschild & Co.

“We are delighted to have three of the most prestigious and globally recognized banks supporting us,” said Matthew Collecott, director of finance and operations.

The deal paves the way for Tottenham to complete its move to the new stadium, the second-most expensive in the U.K. after Wembley, the national soccer arena. The club plans to compete at the new venue in the season after next, with home matches played at Wembley in the interim. The stadium is being built on the site of White Hart Lane in north London, where Spurs played home matches for more than a century.

The club has already spent 340 million pounds on planning, building and the acquisition of land, according to the statement. The remaining cost of the project will be funded from the new facility and the resources of the club, which is owned by ENIC, controlled by billionaire Joe Lewis. HSBC is also providing an additional 25 million pounds working capital facility and ENIC has put in a 50 million-pound contingency facility to ensure the project is fully funded through to completion.

Tottenham’s matchday revenues will probably more than double to about 100 million pounds per season as a result of the move, Collecott said. The cost of the project won’t affect the plans of manager Mauricio Pochettino as he seeks to strengthen the team and offer new deals to top performers, as a similar move did to north London rival Arsenal when it upgraded to a 60,000-seat stadium in 2006.

“This is not going to touch the football, these are very separate budgets,” Collecott said.

The U.K.’s vote to leave the European Union and the appreciation of the euro have produced an additional challenge to the club as it agrees to contracts with suppliers, the executive said. Tottenham is also yet to secure a stadium-naming rights deal along the lines of Arsenal’s contract with Emirates airline, something West Ham hasn’t managed to do a year after it moved into the Olympic stadium in East London.

Tottenham has built in the possibility of having a safe standing area, in line with an experiment in place at Glasgow Celtic in Scotland.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ur-agrees-to-897-million-plan-for-new-stadium

Back