• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I think if you add another season onto that forecast. Ie 2018-19 then it is complety feasible and acceptable. The next season time frame is just too short.

I'd be happy to give them another whole year and then move into a 40000 horshoe that is 100% complete (and not rushed). It may even get them a chance to do some of the sliding pitch work. Even if we had to lose the whole Paxton next season I'd be ok with it.

The the steel south stand can be finished during the season we move into the horshoe plus the South plaza etc.

It is an extra season of development (this may even happen if we move away) but we stay at the lane and its a stadium for the next 100 years so I can suck it up for an extra year.

grGqsmb.jpg

This is the roof going in at Atletico Madrid's new stadium. I just don't see how this could be done in a 3/4 done stadium. Maybe the compression ring could be put in place once all the cores are done and the last stand built afterwards, but how could there enough time over a summer to demolish Paxton, put in roof and then do the seats and the pitch. It took them months just to do the roof related stuff in Madrid, though admittedly they weren't going about it in an efficient manner.

We'll be doing well to be in for the start of 18/19 nevermind next season - people look at it 'going up quick' but all you're seeing is a shell/framework which by its nature goes up quickly - the fit out out and everything else is what takes time and hasn't even started yet, it's a million miles away from being in a state where we could think about moving in and that article is pure gonad*s, don't get your hopes up lads

Could be playing hard-ball with the FA, as Wembley would need some re-working to take PL configuration - ie, neither 30% each plus guets for domestic cups, nor England/CL configuration of 'fit their lot in somewhere.

As we'd be first to use it we might be asked to pay for all/most such works. Any others - effectively Cheatski - would get it provided.

grGqsmb.jpg

This is the roof going in at Atletico Madrid's new stadium. I just don't see how this could be done in a 3/4 done stadium. Maybe the compression ring could be put in place once all the cores are done and the last stand built afterwards, but how could there enough time over a summer to demolish Paxton, put in roof and then do the seats and the pitch. It took them months just to do the roof related stuff in Madrid, though admittedly they weren't going about it in an efficient manner.

Not saying this can be completed by next season, but if the roof does have to go in as one then the roof and compression ring will be way higher than the current ground so the Paxton may not even get 'in the way' as long as the steel south stand can then be in filled below afterwards. Or we could do a lot of the roof prep, knock the paxton down at the end of the season and whack all the roof up??

That said i am sure the back edge of the new south stand will run along what is currently the half way line on the current pitch?? any one confirm??

Club-wise, it might be a go-er, but playing home games could mean regular interruptions to the remaining development. While this could be minimised, it might come at a financial cost.

That said, seat revenue at WHL would be all ours. Presumably stadium sponsor would be in place a year earlier than expected.

Hope they're not trusting long-term weather forecasts from the Met Office to take a punt on this.

I don't like this option.

We should finish the new stadium COMPLETELY before we move in.
Then have a GRAND opening, with all the media to see it.
Would probably get some negative publicity if we move into a half baked stadium.:(

Not saying this can be completed by next season, but if the roof does have to go in as one then the roof and compression ring will be way higher than the current ground so the Paxton may not even get 'in the way' as long as the steel south stand can then be in filled below afterwards. Or we could do a lot of the roof prep, knock the paxton down at the end of the season and whack all the roof up??

That said i am sure the back edge of the new south stand will run along what is currently the half way line on the current pitch?? any one confirm??

Paxton has to go to make room for the pitch, but putting in the ring above it could be done.

Cj37tDIWEAUCIiS.jpg

wonder if we'd knock down the Paxton and play in a two thirds WHL next season and then move in to a two thirds new stadium the season after? only way i could see it working

Anyone think if we do go to Wembley then season ticket priced would be reduced and more available too??

Bloody hell didn't think about that. Are they going to offer season tickets?l thinking they may not as we're not expected to sell out every game even at reduced capacity. Perhaps they'll offer packages like they did with the CL and have done at The Lane for non ST members?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Bloody hell didn't think about that. Are they going to offer season tickets?l thinking they may not as we're not expected to sell out every game even at reduced capacity. Perhaps they'll offer packages like they did with the CL and have done at The Lane for non ST members?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

My guess would be that they would discount the season tickets but sell more to those on the waiting list

Could be playing hard-ball with the FA, as Wembley would need some re-working to take PL configuration - ie, neither 30% each plus guets for domestic cups, nor England/CL configuration of 'fit their lot in somewhere.

As we'd be first to use it we might be asked to pay for all/most such works. Any others - effectively Cheatski - would get it provided.

Not sure that makes sense as Spurs need Wembley at this point more than the FA need Spurs' money. There's actually relatively little that would need to be modified at Wembley, as there are segregation gates at multiple points on the concourse and seats can be covered anywhere inside the seating bowl.

The reason they would want to know as early as possible is more likely to be related to booking other events, getting the pitch ready to play a full season of games (which it's never done), licensing discussions with the local authority etc.

I'd take it at face value. If Spurs don't have to commit yet, then what's the benefit of signing early?

I don't like this option.

We should finish the new stadium COMPLETELY before we move in.
Then have a GRAND opening, with all the media to see it.
Would probably get some negative publicity if we move into a half baked stadium.:(
But even if we play at Wembley for a season, when we come back none of the South plaza, flats, hotel, New whl station or station walkway link will be done. Imo ?

I'd expect them to bump up the loyalty points for anyone taking up a season ticket next year.

Loyalty point be one irrelevant though if you have a season ticket except for away games (I assume if you have one at Wembley you will have one at the new stadium)

Problem for a new season ticket holder is yoj lake your membership loyalty points

Loyalty point be one irrelevant though if you have a season ticket except for away games (I assume if you have one at Wembley you will have one at the new stadium)

Problem for a new season ticket holder is yoj lake your membership loyalty points

I should've been clearer. I'd expect them to offer a one year break for current season ticket holders but bumper loyalty points for people taking them up.

Back