• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

That Scum article says the capacity will initially be limited to 56,000 but that the club hopes to expand it to over 60,000 when the construction is all done.

I didn't know there was any doubt about the final capacity. Lazy journalism, or have I missed something?
56000 was the number in the original plans about 5 years ago IIRC

I don't buy this. Everything we've heard so far is that with the infrastructure needed for the retractable pitch, plus the need for all four stands to be in place before the roof can go in, a partial opening is not possible.
I can't see it being feasible at all.

Plus I imagine the club would want to get maximum impact from the whole stadium opening, rather than piecemeal over two seasons, and would want everything to be spot on before it opens. I don't see that the high spec fit-out could be sufficiently completed in the coming close season if building works are still ongoing.
Having said that, I know bugger all about this type of project but it doesn't feel plausible.

I don't buy this. Everything we've heard so far is that with the infrastructure needed for the retractable pitch, plus the need for all four stands to be in place before the roof can go in, a partial opening is not possible.

Plus I imagine the club would want to get maximum impact from the whole stadium opening, rather than piecemeal over two seasons, and would want everything to be spot on before it opens. I don't see that the high spec fit-out could be sufficiently completed in the coming close season if building works are still ongoing.
Having said that, I know bugger all about this type of project but it doesn't feel plausible.

Don't disagree

Also can't see us risking the ground being right for £15m

There was some ITK on SC that in a couple of weeks Mace will have to commit to a completion date, which will trigger any Wembley announcement and all that.

Full NFL pitch could go in the following season.

It would explain why Wembley has not been signed off. And with our performances this season in the CL, Poch would probably prefer bedding in to new WHL than play at Wembley. It is possible imo...but unlikely the club will take the risk.

Ha! That is utter, utter, utter bollo.cks

"the capacity should be around 40,000, some 8,000 more than the current capacity"!

The final stand in the stadium is somewhat irrelevant in my view given that the remainder of the stadium would have a decent capacity. The option over Wembley, rather than signed contract, and related issues (support staff roles, hospitality packages etc) is the thing which gives this the most credibility

The two things which to me suggests this isn't right are:
- the pitch will need time to bed in and get into a decent state. Whilst I some pitches are dropped in nowadays, we woudnt be able to do this until this season is finished and the existing stadium partially demolished.
- the finishing of any building work (ie electrics, plumbing, paintwork, signage etc) take as long as the main structural construction and even if we played our first home game in say September, we'd need to be starting it pretty soon I'd have thought

Would be great if it happened, but don't really see it

Back