• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I think that actually it is going to be a self build and we are waiting to hear whether we have been accepted onto the next series of Grand Designs

Levy+Wheelbarrow.gif

I've posted a separate thread for those who wouldn't otherwise have seen this but here's a link to a petition, organised by fans of lots of different London clubs (including THST), to demand a public enquiry into the West Ham Olympic stadium deal. For those that didn't watch the BBC programme about it, the whole thing stinks. West Ham are being handed a huge competitive advantage and we (the taxpayer) will pay for it - not just the massive construction costs but also the ongoing maintenance costs etc.

No wonder that the deal is shrouded in secrecy. We have a right to know. So sign the petition! Link here:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106355

I hope Chelsea haven't managed to get an agreement which sees them play their home games at Wembley?! I thought our club was first in for that?

Or, is it a case of the public just setting up Chelsea even further, as they have with West Ham?! Whoever is making these decisions must really have an agenda against us.

I hope Chel53a haven't managed to get an agreement which sees them play their home games at Wembley?! I thought our club was first in for that?

Or, is it a case of the public just setting up Chel53a even further, as they have with West Ham?! Whoever is making these decisions must really have an agenda against us.

Seen a few posts flying around about this today, saying Chelsea have 'won the battle' to play at Wembley. Don't know where the info has stemmed from though

Re FA, discussions on-going. Nothing decided.
On the cams: they're semi-static as we're in the very early stage of the build. As progress is made, a more live feed will be available. Incidentally, as this build is so transformational, not only for the club but also for the surrounding area, the club has commissioned a film to be made which will capture the journey. The plan is to share some exerts of this on the project portal, as-and-when key milestones are passed. You may find some of the crew engaging with supporters around the ground throughout the season, as we're hoping to capture the emotion and excitement around the build.
Some interesting threads on this forum. I can't comment too much.

On the cams: they're semi-static as we're in the very early stage of the build. As progress is made, a more live feed will be available. Incidentally, as this build is so transformational, not only for the club but also for the surrounding area, the club has commissioned a film to be made which will capture the journey. The plan is to share some exerts of this on the project portal, as-and-when key milestones are passed. You may find some of the crew engaging with supporters around the ground throughout the season, as we're hoping to capture the emotion and excitement around the build.

What I like about this project is that it is so transformational for the area and the club. It has the possibility to be truly iconic. I just want it built asap so we can reap the rewards. It's not just the NFL deal that makes this more than just a stadium but it is also the fact that it could be a venue for a number of concerts that will bring extra money into the club. When we were talking about moving to the Olympic Stadium site, we had a bid in conjunction with AEG. I don't suppose you know if that relationship is destined to continue?

Thanks for the update MC. Your (all too rare) posts are extremely valued on here. It seems to me that there are 3 remaining potential 'hurdles' to get over in order to really get the build started (4 if you include financing).

1. The current quota on the number of non Association Football events allowed at the stadium. Unless this quota is lifted it will seriously impact the earning potential of the stadium. I will assume that the local council are on board to increase the quota, however I think the original restriction was due to a request from TFL? Can TFL's views be ignored here or do they have to give permission? Also does the fact that the overground lines are now under TFL control mean that this is less of an issue?

2. The new plan to demolish the locally listed buildings. I would imagine that English Heritage will be up in arms about this. How much jurisdiction do they have over the local listings? Can the council overrule EH and are they likely to do so?

3. Gaining planning approval for the increased density of the enabling residential development. Is it likely that such a large increase in the number of units will be approved? Also how necessary is it to get that extra revenue in order to fund the stadium?

TFL are trying to make the London overground 24hrs at weekend as part of the 24hr tube initiative. The overground bit won't be for 2/3 years but should make it easier to have more concerts at the weekends.

Ah go on...tell us something juicy.

Ah go on...tell us something juicy.
I think Donna means; "it is killing me seeing you lot talk about deals for Berahino and Lamela when you don't know half the details, you wouldn't believe the things that are going on... Adebayor demanded a THFC top hat painted gold with a badger on top, so we bought him one and now he wants a matching Rolls Royce..."

I think Donna means; "it is killing me seeing you lot talk about deals for Berahino and Lamela when you don't know half the details, you wouldn't believe the things that are going on... Adebayor demanded a THFC top hat painted gold with a ****erel on top, so we bought him one and now he wants a matching Rolls Royce..."

I must have missed this, but it wasn't actually Donna was it???

Back