• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

yes 45 would be too few if you are going to house both teams. Typically a game day squad has 46 players dressed. Then there are a ton of coaches, assistants and staff. probably looking at needing to house at least 100 poeple. So even if they double up then that is 50 rooms. then double that for the two teams.
It's kind of irrespective because we're not building this for the NFL.... but surely two competing teams would never stay in the same hotel together before a game anyway?

Wouldn't be two NFL teams I'd imagine, but certainly an NFL Franchise with all its players and entourage would be well over 100.

Add that to what Tottenham would need then your looking at the 40 odd they have planning for.

So, to house both you would need much more.

Wouldn't be two NFL teams I'd imagine, but certainly an NFL Franchise with all its players and entourage would be well over 100.

Add that to what Tottenham would need then your looking at the 40 odd they have planning for.

So, to house both you would need much more.
But in the unlikely event that we're sharing a stadium then I would've assumed we'd be playing away when the NFL team were at home?

I think you're reading too much into the NFL thing anyway.

The reason why Spurs haven't built a bigger lodge is because the sight is still classed as green belt land and constrained in terms of size and usage. I'm amazed we managed to get PP granted for as many rooms as we did to be honest. I think the only viable way to increase further now would be to purchase the three residential properties that border the site to the East.

From what I read a while ago - apparently several international federations and foreign teams have had discussions with us about using our facilities while they are playing over in London. I think it would be something of a money spinner for the club (the income from this could perhaps pay for the upkeep of the whole training complex?) but probably more importantly it would give a lot of top players a first hand view of our facilities, which could potentially help with attracting players in the future.

Additionally if England were ever to win a World Cup or European Cup bid I would imagine that our facility would be very much in demand from any countries playing their group games in London.

Absolutely. It is a smart bit of business.

Absolutely. It is a smart bit of business.
I had a good look at the planning application last night. They have had to jump through quite a lot of hoops to satisfy the planners. It is an impressive facility however. I like the way that the Head Coach has his own suite in the farm house at the front away from the players rooms. Interestingly enough on our application are letters from both AC Milan and Barcelona stating their requirements when travelling away and also stating their use of similar facilities around their own City's when they play at home. AC Milan travel with numbers of players, coaching and support staff fewer than our room provision. Barcelona however would need more rooms than we will have because they also take about 20 directors away with them and expect them to stay with the players.... I would've thought most directors would prefer a 5 star hotel in the center of Town?

I had a good look at the planning application last night. They have had to jump through quite a lot of hoops to satisfy the planners. It is an impressive facility however. I like the way that the Head Coach has his own suite in the farm house at the front away from the players rooms. Interestingly enough on our application are letters from both AC Milan and Barcelona stating their requirements when travelling away and also stating their use of similar facilities around their own City's when they play at home. AC Milan travel with numbers of players, coaching and support staff fewer than our room provision. Barcelona however would need more rooms than we will have because they also take about 20 directors away with them and expect them to stay with the players.... I would've thought most directors would prefer a 5 star hotel in the center of Town?

I had read somewhere when the planning application first went in that Barcelona had expressed an interest in using it. It really cannot hurt our chances as a club to host clubs of this stature and it must be a boost when recruiting and attracting players.

Hold up, i am slightly confused. We have probably one of the best training facility's in the world, about to add a world class player accommodation center to it, on the verge of having full planning permission for a state of the art 60k stadium. So the confusion comes in the fact i am being told we have a tight chairman that's rubbish for the club.

Confused.

^^ This.

So many people forget the ridiculous competition the club has put up with, two clubs owned by sugar daddys, 2 with more fans than most clubs could dream of (Man U & Liverpool) and then a club that earns a staggering £3m per game in matchyday revenue. For example, Imagine Atletico Madrid trying to compete with Real & Barca, then two clubs being spoilt rotten doing everything in their way to make sure Atletico didn't sign any good players whilst Valencia's Nou Mestalla (71,000) was built on time and budget (instead works haulting in 2009). Could you imagine them stilling winning what they've won in the past 5 years?

The ambition is there, sadly the capacity (in every sense) isn't.

Hold up, i am slightly confused. We have probably one of the best training facility's in the world, about to add a world class player accommodation center to it, on the verge of having full planning permission for a state of the art 60k stadium. So the confusion comes in the fact i am being told we have a tight chairman that's rubbish for the club.

Confused.

Will not bite ;) This is a happy asylum o_O

Back