• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Didn't it also say that the reason for the change of plans is because the club is after "obtaining a crucial piece of land that is the subject of an intense legal challenge"...

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/tottenhamhotspur/article4325984.ece

if anyone has a times sub could they put the rest of the article up or PM it?
Thanks!

Here's the full article:

Tottenham Hotspur have drawn up secret plans to build the biggest club stadium in London after obtaining a crucial piece of land that is the subject of an intense legal challenge, The Times can reveal.

In what will be seen as Tottenham trying to claim the capital’s bragging rights, the club have had discussions about applying for planning permission for a 61,000-seat arena, which would be bigger than the Emirates Stadium, home to Arsenal, their rivals. It could also be used for pop concerts and American football matches.

The new design would generate considerably more income for the club and includes plans for supporters to be able to walk on the roof of the stadium and would require demolishing further historic properties, according to documents lodged at the High Court.

Tottenham were given permission to build a 56,000-seat stadium three years ago and have fought hard to keep their new plans while a fierce legal argument rages over a piece of land which is next to the Paxton Road end of White Hart Lane.

But the club were reluctantly forced to admit holding secret discussions with local government and transport authorities, which could help the owners of the land in their legal appeal against losing their site.

Archway Sheet Metal Works, the family-run business, will argue that the government’s decision to issue a purchase order of their land was made on one basis, while the club had secret, different plans for the site. The High Court appeal hearing was adjourned at the 11th hour on Wednesday because the government wanted more time to consider the new information, which Tottenham were ordered to hand over.

The hearing has been set for next month, although Tottenham and the metal company were anxious to avoid further delay.

“We were happy for the appeal to go ahead on Thursday,” a spokesman for the metal company said.

Police are still investigating the cause of a fire at the metal company in November.

Tottenham have been trying to arrange funding for a new stadium, likely to cost about £400 million, and to find a temporary home for at least one season from as early as 2016 during building works.

The club hope that it may be possible to use Wembley, the favoured choice of supporters, despite being told by the FA that its preference was to use the national stadium for additional American football matches.

Harry Hotspur seems to know the Josif family personally and has used his own website for anti-spurs content and as a pro-Archway mouthpiece ever since the CPO process began.

That is right.
Currently, he seems to on a crusade for anything anti spur - against CPO, Levy, Joe Lewis and anything else he can find.
An absolute C**t.

But the club were reluctantly forced to admit holding secret discussions with local government and transport authorities, which could help the owners of the land in their legal appeal against losing their site.

Archway Sheet Metal Works, the family-run business, will argue that the government’s decision to issue a purchase order of their land was made on one basis, while the club had secret, different plans for the site. The High Court appeal hearing was adjourned at the 11th hour on Wednesday because the government wanted more time to consider the new information, which Tottenham were ordered to hand over.

This seems irrelevant.

The club got permission to build a stadium and that requires acquisition of the Archway site. The need to acquire the site is the same regardless of the actual stadium designs. Changes to the stadium design are irrelevant provided they occupy the relevant space. If the new plans involved an expanded site and the Archway land was no longer needed for the stadium itself but was wanted instead to build a 1000 story luxury development that would be a problem. Unlikely, though.

Duplicate post ... again.

There seems to be a problem with quick reply. Earlier I got are you sure you want to leave the page error when I submitted the post that led to a duplicate post. This time a quick reply submit redirected to the advanced reply page from where submit gave a duplicate (presumably quick reply posted successfully before the redirect).

Last edited:
This seems irrelevant.

The club got permission to build a stadium and that requires acquisition of the Archway site. The need to acquire the site is the same regardless of the actual stadium designs. Changes to the stadium design are irrelevant provided they occupy the relevant space. If the new plans involved an expanded site and the Archway land was no longer needed for the stadium itself but was wanted instead to build a 1000 story luxury development that would be a problem. Unlikely, though.

I think the nature of the appeal that Archway are allowed to make is rather restricted and so they have to be precise about what they challenge and on what basis.
They have to focus on Pickles' decision to order the CPO and it looks like they are focussing on the information used to make that decision.

As for Harry Archway...it's been interesting reading the stuff he's tried to put out there. For all the bluster about naming names and big arguments, so much seems to just come down to opinions, friends and gut feeling. With an extra seasoning of hyperbole and bile.

Had a quick peek through the Glory-Glory hole in the fencing yesterday, didn't take any new photos as it pretty much looked the same as last time. I am not saying there has been no progress since the Burnley league match, but excuse the pun, nothing ground-breaking to merit posting a new pic

...includes plans for supporters to be able to walk on the roof of the stadium and would require demolishing further historic properties, according to documents lodged at the High Court.

Awesome!

Slightly odd article. It doesn't really tell us much. If these are open court documents, why do we know so little? If true - not just Chinese whispers - it looks like the club is trying to look at a more iconic stadium. [-o<

- - - Updated - - -

...includes plans for supporters to be able to walk on the roof of the stadium and would require demolishing further historic properties, according to documents lodged at the High Court.

Awesome!

Slightly odd article. It doesn't really tell us much. If these are open court documents, why do we know so little? If true - not just Chinese whispers - it looks like the club is trying to look at a more iconic stadium. [-o<

from ftl

hashpils: Heard some bits re new ground

Take or leave it but heard the following from a source high up that would know what's happening

Tottenham are completely exasperated with Archway. Have met with them so many times to try to thrash out a deal. Archway keep moving the goalposts. They are a few brothers who don't agree and they've changed their mind on a deal when it looks like being close to done . Advisors have filled their heads with huge numbers.

I have been sceptical in the past myself but was told this is literally the only thing holding it up. Club doing everything they can in meantime to get works going. Try seeing works over hoardings.

Club now clear the only way this will get solved is in the courts.

BEN: Heard very simular club now fuming after archway statement and in transfer window told want to do some deals now if can but ground is so important as loosing revenue everyday. Not true that we are secretly looking to change our plans

P.S. The comment about the "secretive directors of Spurs" is not very professional and sounds rather desperate.

Thought this applies to the whole statement. Whining for attention.

Also, technically we were ready to go-head on the 15th and didn't request a delay.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Thought this applies to the whole statement. Whining for attention.

Also, technically we were ready to go-head on the 15th and didn't request a delay.

Sent from my Magellanic flightless steamer duck using Rufous gnateater

Archway know that resentment against them is building by the day. So they will do anything not to incur more angst from the our supporters. I really hope at some point Daniel can tell us what has gone here. Its obvious they know they are the last hurdle so are trying to milk us for all its worth. But Where they are getting the support to keep going to court is beyond me, unless they are getting some kind of deal where the lawyer is taking a percentage of the final fee. Where as they will push it for all its worth as its in their best interests. But their delaying tactics leave a severe taste of bad Kebab in the mouth.

Had a quick peek through the Glory-Glory hole in the fencing yesterday, didn't take any new photos as it pretty much looked the same as last time. I am not saying there has been no progress since the Burnley league match, but excuse the pun, nothing ground-breaking to merit posting a new pic

lol I have a dirty mind

Archway know that resentment against them is building by the day. So they will do anything not to incur more angst from the our supporters. I really hope at some point Daniel can tell us what has gone here. Its obvious they know they are the last hurdle so are trying to milk us for all its worth. But Where they are getting the support to keep going to court is beyond me, unless they are getting some kind of deal where the lawyer is taking a percentage of the final fee. Where as they will push it for all its worth as its in their best interests. But their delaying tactics leave a severe taste of bad Kebab in the mouth.

Good point about the Lawyer. Would also seem to fit in with the article above about the brothers arguing over "large figures" that have been put into their heads - most likely from their legal advisor.

The bottom line seems to be they don't know what they want and don't have the professionalism to milk it efficiently, so are just being as big a pain as possible.

As you say, the effects of this are worse than an under-cooked Chick King.

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Appeal Hearing This Week

I was out yesterday with a supplier to both Wembley and tottenham. Tottenham have started the prices of looking for office space in MK to supplement their space at Enfield (as the main office at WHL will be knocked down)

He was chatting as though it was common knowledge and confirmed.

The new facilities manager at Wembley can from tottenham too and they want the groundsman by all accounts

I think this is the guy... (along with an interesting view on Jimmy Bullard!)
https://twitter.com/66smithsimon

Was there any indication whether Wembley was still on the table?

Looking for office space is one thing, but that could just be us covering all options. If Wembley was available then it must surely be the best option.

I think this is the guy... (along with an interesting view on Jimmy Bullard!)
https://twitter.com/66smithsimon

Was there any indication whether Wembley was still on the table?

Looking for office space is one thing, but that could just be us covering all options. If Wembley was available then it must surely be the best option.

No idea if he is the guy as I only know my suppliers

Wembley is a no go as far as I'm aware and we manage Wembley. But obviously due to my role I'm not involved at the moment in aspects like that

Wembley would however cost us a fortune to use as it's running costs are massive

Got an NFL questionare today about future season tickets, PSL's etc and if London had its own team. Several of the questions asked were if you would be bothered if they played the games elsewhere or at different locations etc. The list did not include WHL of course but just got me thinking. Out of interest they listed Wembley, Twickenham, The Emirate and the Olympic stadium.

Another question asked was if I would buy tickets if they were at another stadium. I said yes. As a spurs fan and a fan of the NFL I would prefer them to continue to play at Wembley. Its neutral and its a worldwide icon. If they played games at the Olympic stadium or the Emirate I would be a lot less likely to go unless my team was playing.

Seems they are trying to gear up to a possible Franchise in London. And to make sure they want commitment from fans to buy PSL's and tickets. I Can see it working. It would be good for Spurs if we got that as extra revenue but I stand by the fact I prefer the games played at Wembley.

Back