• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Appeal Hearing This Week

I would say this counts greatly against Archway. Purposely delaying cannot be seen as good.

funny how they got a new date so fast, yet there was no date for 6 months previously.

was ****es me off is to challenge it in the first place they must have known what they were challenging with so how can you not be ready. Should it be seen as delaying on purpose can Haringey not take legal action for money lost.

courts allow this c*** all the time. Someone's lodged an appeal on one of my cases, but missed the deadline for submission of the appeal bundle. We applied to have the appeal struck out as a result, but the court allowed extra time without giving any reason.

I thought we'd already missed the window for summer 2017 and are now on summer 2018 with one year away? And further delays would shift it to summer 2018 with 2 years away?

I'd love it if we just kept ploughing on and by mid-Feb there was an actual steel-skeleton taking shape

Not yet.

When Archway opted to appeal to the High Court, the club announced that it was "highly unlikely" that they would consequently be able to stick to the summer 2017 timetable. But they didn't rule it out altogether. And I suspect that there was an element of exaggeration involved, in order to put some pressure on the High Court to seek the earliest possible hearing of the case.

Truth is that there's no reason why a new stadium couldn't be built in a little over two years, if the construction is efficiently managed. Construction of the Emirates stadium, for instance, began in February 2004 and was finished by July 2006. And Arsenal didn't have the head start that we did. They still had to demolish all the existing buildings on the Ashburton Grove site and then get going on earthworks. By the time that the court case is over, Spurs will already have done most of that for more than half their site.

I don't think we'll see anything rising above ground level before an Archway decision is made, though!

I would say this counts greatly against Archway. Purposely delaying cannot be seen as good.

funny how they got a new date so fast, yet there was no date for 6 months previously.

what ****es me off is to challenge it in the first place they must have known what they were challenging with so how can you not be ready. Should it be seen as delaying on purpose can Haringey not take legal action for money lost.

My guess is that they will have used the fire as an excuse for their failure to be fully prepared. And I can understand why a judge might accommodate them in the circumstances. But the delay is only a token one really. I reckon Archway would have been hoping for longer.

BTW, it seems that the DCLG were equally unprepared. So we can't lay the blame for this solely on Archway.

Something sinister is at work. Surely .

Maybe it was the SoS who asked for the delay, because they'd been tipped off by the police re the investigations into the fire (i.e. evidence has been found of it being an inside job)?

Seriously though, they are challenging the SoS's process. They can't challenge the verdict. So the evidence will be about the CPO process (Pickles' Is & Ts), not the material relating to the CPO itself that was submitted before.

I
to challenge it in the first place they must have known what they were challenging with so how can you not be ready.

My thoughts too. Surely they need to have the details of their challenge before they made it in the first place.

Hopefully its just a case of Archway taking the **** with the rules, rather than anything sinister.

I was out yesterday with a supplier to both Wembley and tottenham. Tottenham have started the prices of looking for office space in MK to supplement their space at Enfield (as the main office at WHL will be knocked down)

He was chatting as though it was common knowledge and confirmed.

The new facilities manager at Wembley can from tottenham too and they want the groundsman by all accounts

I was out yesterday with a supplier to both Wembley and tottenham. Tottenham have started the prices of looking for office space in MK to supplement their space at Enfield (as the main office at WHL will be knocked down)

He was chatting as though it was common knowledge and confirmed.

The new facilities manager at Wembley can from tottenham too and they want the groundsman by all accounts

Strange - aren't the new Tottenham offices already built in the building that sits between the new Sainsburys and the existing stadium?

Strange - aren't the new Tottenham offices already built in the building that sits between the new Sainsburys and the existing stadium?

Thats the new collage. I think

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

ARCHWAY STATEMENT ABOUT THE ADJOURNMENT OF THE HIGH COURT HEARING ON 15th JANUARY 2015.

Spurs posted an announcement on their website at 11:40 on 14th January 2015 recording the adjournment of the hearing which was due to commence yesterday.

Their statement is incomplete and fails to make clear that they were in reality responsible for the adjournment yesterday.

This is because it was their delay in providing information that they were ordered by the High Court to provide on 5th January 2015. The deadline under that order was Wednesday 7th January 2015 at 4pm. This information relates to secret discussions between the Club and various public bodies concerning major changes to the Club’s scheme on which the case for Compulsory Purchase of our land was based.

We are advised that this information should have been made public before the decision to confirm the CPO was taken by the Secretary of State and the failure of Haringey and Spurs to provide that information made the decision to confirm the order unlawful and unfair.

Our formal application for a disclosure order was made on 24th November 2014. It followed earlier unsuccessful requests we made in correspondence going back to October 2013 and in requests under the Freedom of Information legislation starting in August 2014.

The required information was finally provided on Monday afternoon (12th January 2015) and the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, as the First Defendant, understandably decided that the information had been disclosed too late for him to prepare fully for the hearing starting yesterday.

We respect that decision in the circumstances, although Archway were themselves perfectly ready and willing for the hearing to go ahead as planned, because the disclosed information vindicated our genuine concerns in this case.

In view of the Club’s incomplete and misleading account of the true reasons for the adjournment, we made a friendly request for a slight amendment to the news item on the their website. This was to ensure that the fans were not misled into believing that we were responsible for the delay, but Spurs refused to make that amendment.

Archway’s makes this clear statement so that Spurs fans, the news media and other interested parties are not misled as to who is responsible for this ongoing delay: clearly, Haringey Council and the secretive directors of Spurs.

The matter has now been adjourned to 17th & 18th February 2015 and we very much look forward to presenting our case then to Mr Justice Dove for a fair hearing.

Posted by: The Directors of Archway Sheet Metal Works Limited and the Josif Family Trustees. 16th January 2015.

I think that means we can safely say that no deal is quietly be negotiated behind the scenes.

It also means that their case is based on the content of the "secret discussions" that they have been "advised" should have been made public. So, unless they have inside information and knew the content of the discussions (when they wouldn't need an adjournment), this is a fishing expedition and they need time to sort the fish for something useful.

P.S. The comment about the "secretive directors of Spurs" is not very professional and sounds rather desperate.

I think that means we can safely say that no deal is quietly be negotiated behind the scenes.

It also means that their case is based on the content of the "secret discussions" that they have been "advised" should have been made public. So, unless they have inside information and knew the content of the discussions (when they wouldn't need an adjournment), this is a fishing expedition and they need time to sort the fish for something useful.

P.S. The comment about the "secretive directors of Spurs" is not very professional and sounds rather desperate.
Sounds like it to me.

If that was penned by their legal team then we have nothing to worry about - ****ing amateur hour over there.

All sounds very messy and personal, and frankly a sorry state to get into. Lets hope this who buisness is settled sooner rather than later.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

So the statement is on Harry Hotspurs website (link) and not on Archway's own website.

It's an odd place. It used to be a funny fan website with lots of made up ITK. Now it seems to be the mouthpiece for any anti-Levy/Enic complainant, form Archway to local business groups.

I thought the club had the upper floors (perhaps above Sainsburys?) or something

Absolutely correct - The two floors above Sainsburys are for the college and the top 2 floors will be used by the Club for all their staff.

I thought the club had the upper floors (perhaps above Sainsburys?) or something

Absolutely correct - The two floors above Sainsburys are for the college and the top 2 floors will be used by the Club for all their staff.

So the statement is on Harry Hotspurs website (link) and not on Archway's own website.

It's an odd place. It used to be a funny fan website with lots of made up ITK. Now it seems to be the mouthpiece for any anti-Levy/Enic complainant, form Archway to local business groups.

Harry Hotspur seems to know the Josif family personally and has used his own website for anti-spurs content and as a pro-Archway mouthpiece ever since the CPO process began.

Story in The Times today headlined "Spurs ground plan aims to put Arsenal in the shade"

The 'secret' plans are for a 61,000 seat stadium. It claims the new design includes plans for supporters to be able to walk on the stadium roof and would require the demolition of further historic buildings. It supports Archway's statement saying "The High Court appeal hearing was adjourned at the 11th hour on Wednesday because the government wanted more time to consider the new information, which Tottenham were ordered to hand over."

Also says, regarding the temporary move away from WHL, the club hope to use Wembley despite being told by the FA that its preference was to use it for additional American Football matches.

Back