• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur FC vs South Coast Big Club OMT ***

Fully expect us to go out thinking weve won the game already before it even starts.

We'll take 30 mins to wake up and by then 1-0 down. We'll claw it back to scrape over the line 2-1.

------------------Lloris------------------

Walker-----Daws---------Verts-----Benny

-----------Carroll--------Dembele--------

Lennon----------Bale----------------Sig

-------------------Ade-----------------

bring on Defoe and Hudd/Holtby in the latter stages.

------------------Lloris------------------

Walker-----Daws---------Verts-----Benny

-----------Thudd--------Dembele--------

Lennon----------Holtby---------------Bale

-------------------Defoe-----------------

Sounds silly but I think we only drew on Saturday because we didnt have Benny in the side. Without Benny we have less width and less crosses into the box. I like Naughton but not as a left back.

Defoe to start this one at home and for him to score some goals. Southampton also to score though so will be a tight 3-1 win.

I think we'll fly out the blocks, score an early goal and then consolidate our lead with, sensible possession football. We'll start turning the screw just before half time and force a second. A disciplined send half performance sees us fend off a Southampton onslaught with calm and efficiency before clinically killing the game off with a third. The final 10 minutes then becomes a passing exercise.

8-[

I think we'll fly out the blocks, score an early goal and then consolidate our lead with, sensible possession football. We'll start turning the screw just before half time and force a second. A disciplined send half performance sees us fend off a Southampton onslaught with calm and efficiency before clinically killing the game off with a third. The final 10 minutes then becomes a passing exercise.

8-[

Yeah, that has Spurs written all over it. 8-[

How do we stretch play without Hudd's passing? In the last few matches he's the one who's done that.

Tire them out. It worked against City, and to an extent against Basel. Surely it'll work again? Playing him from the start robs us of the tactical switch AVB had against City that he used to great effect, and I'm not sure Hudd actually does well straight from kick-off anyway.

Tire them out. It worked against City, and to an extent against Basel. Surely it'll work again? Playing him from the start robs us of the tactical switch AVB had against City that he used to great effect, and I'm not sure Hudd actually does well straight from kick-off anyway.

That's a very risky way to play. We won't always be fitter than the opposition, and with Parker in the middle we won't always have enough possession to tire them out either.

As for playing from the start, he seemed to do pretty well on Saturday - bossed the pitch in the first half.

I put this in another thread, but if we play Hudd, Benny and Walker have to play too...we need to be aggressive with our full backs now, and we need a left-footed left-back if we're going to do that!

I like the idea of Hudd sitting deep and affecting play from there, CBs split to allow this when we have possession...I would LOVE to see Carroll alongside Dembele but I doubt I will...

.........Dempsey.........Defoe..........Lennon

...............................Bale

...................Dembele.......Carroll

Benny......Vertonghen.......Dawson........Walker

..............................Lloris

Whilst I admire the efforts of some to get a party started, I should just point out that the only team in the entire league currently performing worse than we are, relative to season-long form, are Butlins conga-joining holidaymakers, Swansea City.

I know somehow everyone thinks this is gonna be a piece of tinkle, but Southampton have only lost 2 of their last 10 away games and have got clean sheets in the last 3!

I know somehow everyone thinks this is gonna be a piece of tinkle, but Southampton have only lost 2 of their last 10 away games and have got clean sheets in the last 3!

We all know it won't be easy. I wouldn't be confident of being reading or Qpr at home right now

I put this in another thread, but if we play Hudd, Benny and Walker have to play too...we need to be aggressive with our full backs now, and we need a left-footed left-back if we're going to do that!

I like the idea of Hudd sitting deep and affecting play from there, CBs split to allow this when we have possession...I would LOVE to see Carroll alongside Dembele but I doubt I will...

Ekotto has looked shaky when he's been on the pitch lately, seems short on confidence or something. I can understand why Naughton started ahead of him against Wigan and I think with what Ekotto did after being introduced I think Naughton will start against against Southampton. He did put in some pretty good crosses from the left although he obviously didn't get round the outside much.

I don't think this is the time to introduce Carroll from the start in the PL, generally not the best time for fresh youngsters at the end of the season. Hudd has shown what he can do in a couple of games now and hopefully he'll start.

I really hope Dembele is back, for this one, but even more importantly for the Chelsea game.

----------------------Lloris-------------------------

Walker-------Dawson----Vertonghen---Assou-Ekotto

-----------Huddlestone------Dembele---------------

Lennon--------------Dempsey------------------Bale

----------------------Defoe------------------------

Bench: Friedel, Naughton, Caulker, Parker, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Adebayor

At our best, we're capable of thumping them... which would give the squad a useful confidence boost coming in to the Chelsea game. If I'm honest though, based on recent performances we don't look like giving anyone a thumping right now. Personally I'd take a scrappy 1-0 if you offered it to me now.

Back