• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Top 5 best Cities to live in

I have never felt safer than walking the streets of New york.

Crime is way down I believe, due zero tolerance stance?

I don't know the stats, by I am guessing gun crime and threat from terrorism still exists

Or more so in new York than Canada

I have never felt safer than walking the streets of New york.

really??

I was nearly attacked by a homeless man on the lower eastside couple of years ago

I´ve had a guy swing a knife at me on the subway

love the city though

really??

I was nearly attacked by a homeless man on the lower eastside couple of years ago

I´ve had a guy swing a knife at me on the subway

love the city though

Had similar in London and in....Kilkenny in Ireland. You have mentalists everywhere obvious city are going to have more

Can't stand Melbourne. Toronto is good.

It is the Economic Intelligence Unit's study after all...

People from Sydney really do have a chip on their shoulder about Melbourne. Having lived in both cities for more than three years each, I can safely say Melbourne has more to offer than Sydney in every single department with the exception of beaches on your doorstep and fake blondes.

People from Sydney really do have a chip on their shoulder about Melbourne. Having lived in both cities for more than three years each, I can safely say Melbourne has more to offer than Sydney in every single department with the exception of beaches on your doorstep and fake blondes.

Haha I also can't stand Montreal either though. I just don't go nuts over that 'culture' thing that everyone raves on about. I'd much rather go to the beach 6 months of the year that eat and drink in cafes down side streets.

Far prefer Melbourne to Sydney. Much more vibrant city with lots going on.

I think Perth came 9th in the list? After living here for 4 years I can't complain about the place really. The standard of living is excellent and the only real negative is how isolated it is really.

Far prefer Melbourne to Sydney. Much more vibrant city with lots going on.

I think Perth came 9th in the list? After living here for 4 years I can't complain about the place really. The standard of living is excellent and the only real negative is how isolated it is really.

Will be visiting all 3 next december for the Ashes, cannot wait, been to Melbourne twice before and Sydney once, I liked Melbourne the most

Really? I've found the complete opposite. Melbournians are always trying to talk themselves up against Sydney. Sydney people generally don't give a toss about Melbourne

Sydney and Brisbane both have chips on their shoulder about each other
Melbourne has a chip on its shoulder about Sydney
Adelaide " " " Melbourne

PS - those beaches are a pretty big exception. I love Melbourne but don't know if I could live there. I heard Adelaide was Australia's second top city. Much prefer it here.

Really? I've found the complete opposite. Melbournians are always trying to talk themselves up against Sydney. Sydney people generally don't give a toss about Melbourne

Sydney and Brisbane both have chips on their shoulder about each other
Melbourne has a chip on its shoulder about Sydney
Adelaide " " " Melbourne

I actually really like Brisbane. I think it's fudging boring as a young person, but can imagine it would be a nice place to settle down with a family. A fudgeload cheaper than Sydney too.

(agree about Victorians having a dig at NSWmen)

I'm Adelaide by the way. Been to Brissie once, Gold Coast 5 or so times and Cairns twice. With the exception of Cairns, I'd be glad to never go to Queensland ever again. Brisbane does nothing for me (how can the capital of Qld not have a beach?). GC is too plastic, brick food, brick culture, only redeeming feature is the touchy-touchy policy at the nudie bars.

And Queenslanders in general are the most annoying breed of Australian, and so parochial they'd vote a kitten rapist as PM just because he's a Queenslander.

I'm Adelaide by the way. Been to Brissie once, Gold Coast 5 or so times and Cairns twice. With the exception of Cairns, I'd be glad to never go to Queensland ever again. Brisbane does nothing for me (how can the capital of Qld not have a beach?). GC is too plastic, brick food, brick culture, only redeeming feature is the touchy-touchy policy at the nudie bars.

And Queenslanders in general are the most annoying breed of Australian, and so parochial they'd vote a kitten rapist as PM just because he's a Queenslander.

Yep I agree with most of that. Gold Coast is a brickhole but if you're in Brisbane, you've got either the northern beaches of the Gold Coast or the Sunshine Coast not far away.

I think life in Australia is definitely much better than in Canada. Canada is nice, but I really do miss Sydney's beaches and the harbour.

Paradise

BeachesMogadishu.jpg

I just came back from Toronto - awesome place love it. Its definitely in my top five places to live -

New York

Toronto

Rio

Melbourne

San Diego

But I have another top five list of most fun places I would go to but not live

I am not a fan of Citys but i did love San Diego.

I am not a fan of Citys but i did love San Diego.

its a brilliant place - great steaks too. GasLamp Quarter - is just brilliant and lots of hot girls about.

Following on from others - I really do dislike Sydney - Melbourne has that European feel to it and feels just more traditional compared to Sydney. I also (generalisation but have been three times) dislike the people in Sydney compared to Melbourne

Back