• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Bit worrying that he's not in the squad for Juve. Hopefully it's a fitness thing and not to do with his contract/future. Really need to get him signed. Just pay him what he wants (within reason).

My GHod they’re a bunch of self important pompous pricks aren’t they?

Did anyone really expect Toby to start that game after only playing 1 match in 3 months?

Also, I’m prob Dembele’s biggest fan but on what planet could he be considered the most underrated player of the season so far?! She lost all credibility inside the first 30 seconds.

Probably didn’t know he has been out a big chunk of the season

Bit worrying that he's not in the squad for Juve. Hopefully it's a fitness thing and not to do with his contract/future. Really need to get him signed. Just pay him what he wants (within reason).
He’s not in the squad because he had a huge bust up w Poch after Newport. He told Poch that auras are a load of made-up woo-woo nonsense, that men who have mullet-type haircuts during their careers are cnuts and that Argentinian wine is pig swill compared to Belgian wine (even though he’s Dutch).

I wouldn't be worried if Toby was not in the starting line-up against Juve. Not being included in the squad both against Arsenal and Juventus after playing hole match in FA Cup is what worries me.

He’s not in the squad because he had a huge bust up w Poch after Newport. He told Poch that auras are a load of made-up woo-woo nonsense, that men who have mullet-type haircuts during their careers are cnuts and that Argentinian wine is pig swill compared to Belgian wine (even though he’s Dutch).

Also, that Owen didn't dive. :p

He's been out injured for months no?

He played one very cruisy game against League 2 opposition. Who says he's ready to face quality teams like Arsenal or Juventus?

But oh ho ho no, he's missing for two games, lets all swallow the rag's tripe.

giphy.gif

I can't see a deal being signed when he's injured.
After a muscle injury, and a hamstring at That, i wouldn't rush him back and certainly not to play on that pitch at Rochdale.
Rose and lamela both returned befors Toby and haven't been fully integrated back in, so I see nothing suspicious here.

Rochdale are relaying their pitch as we speak.

There's little in the GoonerGraph about Spurs that approaches credibility. They will probably wear black armbands in the office this week after their darlings failed in the NLD.

Many match reports were lauding Spurs second half performance and talking about the strong showing over a critical three-match period. The GoonerGraph basically did an Arsenal autopsy about how they lost to themselves at Wembley.

Yep, really weird response from Poch, particularly given we just won the NLD so no reason for him to be grumpy. Hopefully its nothing as you say, and would usually put it just down to press comments, but his reaction is bizarre when he could have just batted it off as you say

Nothing bizarre; just a typical forthright Latin response after being affronted (and offended) by a ridiculous question...

Nothing bizarre; just a typical forthright Latin response after being affronted (and offended) by a ridiculous question...

The question really wasnt that ridiculous or aggressively put, and Poch isnt really a Mourinho-type who usually blows up at the slightly thing - was out of character for him. Anyway, fingers crossed he's in the line up for Palace in 2 weeks' time. With Foyth ineligible for the CL though, it makes us light at CB for Juve so it feels odd to me that he's not travelling just in case Sanchez, Vertonghen or Dier goes down of the morning of the match but hopefully its all innocent and he's involved for the next league game

"within reason" and there as they say 'is the rub'.

Say he wants to be the top earner in the squad?

I'm not going to the match tomorrow as I couldn't get a ticket and all the stories in the media about me not supporting Spurs anymore are rubbish, I hope this clears it up for all the "journalist" that have space to fill.

My guess would be that although Toby declared himself fully fit, Poch thinks otherwise and as was the case with Danny Rose, Poch is insisting on further fitness work.
Toby being a driven professional is itching to get back and play in the PL and is disappointed/unhappy at not even making the bench. I wouldn't expect anything less.
Poch may well be making a point - i.e. I decide who plays and when. Hence reacting strongly in the press conference (which he could probably have dealt with differently).
Toby will do the necessary, get back into the team and in a couple of weeks we'll be wondering what all the fuss was about.
Followed by announcement of a new contract in early March. Maybe.
#optimisticmonday.

My guess would be that although Toby declared himself fully fit, Poch thinks otherwise and as was the case with Danny Rose, Poch is insisting on further fitness work.
Toby being a driven professional is itching to get back and play in the PL and is disappointed/unhappy at not even making the bench. I wouldn't expect anything less.
Poch may well be making a point - i.e. I decide who plays and when. Hence reacting strongly in the press conference (which he could probably have dealt with differently).
Toby will do the necessary, get back into the team and in a couple of weeks we'll be wondering what all the fuss was about.
#optimisticmonday.

I get the feeling Poch doesnt need to be loved or have his "jokes" laughed at by a bunch of hacks. Wenger and Pep must be respected, Kloppy and Moanhino must be loved and when they dont get stroked they get upset.

I'd make him the top earner or certainly close to it! If we're really going to lift our salary cap, even if just gradually, then making him the top earner today doesnt feel that big an ask for one of the main 4-5 players in the team/squad

Levy will be thinking how much would a replacement cost. I would hope.
But I'm more thinking Poch's fitness regime

#optimisticmonday.

I think that there is also a case for not wanting to chop and change at the back during this run of tough fixtures. Alderweireld's return could mean a return to three at the back but maybe Poch felt we didn't have sufficient time to work on it in training when we have such a tough run of games.

I get the feeling Poch doesnt need to be loved or have his "jokes" laughed at by a bunch of hacks. Wenger and Pep must be respected, Kloppy and Moanhino must be loved and when they dont get stroked they get upset.

I agree, the problem is, the last Spurs manager that didn’t play the game got hounded by them.

Back