• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I know, its The Sun, but since there are qoutes from Toby, here goes:

Tottenham star Toby Alderweireld warns Spurs he could be sidelined until April
The Belgian international has been sidelined since picking up an injury in November and in Alderweireld's absence Tottenham have dropped to seventh in the Premier League.

Toby Alderweireld has warned Tottenham he could be out until next April.

And the Belgium defender said he has suffered watching Spurs' struggles since his injury.

Centre-back Alderweireld damaged his hamstring in the 3-1 Champions League win over Real Madrid at Wembley on November 1.

Since then Mauricio Pochettino's side have lost at Arsenal and Leicester, and drawn with struggling West Brom, to slump down the Premier League table.

Alderweireld, 28, said: "I suffered a serious muscle tear, and there is a major risk of me suffering a relapse.

"If the muscle tears completely then I will need an operation, and 14 weeks of recovery time.

"So we are trying to find the right way of working the muscle as much as possible.

"I will have a scan in two weeks' time. We will see how much it has recovered, and how far we can push it.

"It hasn't been fun for me having to watch from the sidelines while the team has struggled.

"It motivates me to come back quicker and stronger. It is my aim to be fit again as soon as possible, but I have to take my time."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...arns-spurs-he-could-be-sidelined-until-april/
Sounds similar to Ross Barkley's hammy problem

Def need to buy in Jan. So thats a CB and a Midfielder for me. Anybody else would be a bonus. 4 CBs leaves us a little light if we want to continue playing 3 CBs at the back.
We all know he wont be back for April, this is Tottenham, might as well accept Wanyama and Alderweireld are gone for the season

Def need to buy in Jan. So thats a CB and a Midfielder for me. Anybody else would be a bonus. 4 CBs leaves us a little light if we want to continue playing 3 CBs at the back.
We all know he wont be back for April, this is Tottenham, might as well accept Wanyama and Alderweireld are gone for the season

He will be focussed on the World Cup

Any experienced one we could loannin would be great... someone like Naybet

BANG! That was the sound of Levy taking the offer of an extra 5% discount at the Spurs shop back off the table in his contract talks.

I know, its The Sun, but since there are quotes from Toby, here goes:

Tottenham star Toby Alderweireld warns Spurs he could be sidelined until April
The Belgian international has been sidelined since picking up an injury in November and in Alderweireld's absence Tottenham have dropped to seventh in the Premier League.

Toby Alderweireld has warned Tottenham he could be out until next April.

And the Belgium defender said he has suffered watching Spurs' struggles since his injury.

Centre-back Alderweireld damaged his hamstring in the 3-1 Champions League win over Real Madrid at Wembley on November 1.

Since then Mauricio Pochettino's side have lost at Arsenal and Leicester, and drawn with struggling West Brom, to slump down the Premier League table.

Alderweireld, 28, said: "I suffered a serious muscle tear, and there is a major risk of me suffering a relapse.

"If the muscle tears completely then I will need an operation, and 14 weeks of recovery time.

"So we are trying to find the right way of working the muscle as much as possible.

"I will have a scan in two weeks' time. We will see how much it has recovered, and how far we can push it.

"It hasn't been fun for me having to watch from the sidelines while the team has struggled.

"It motivates me to come back quicker and stronger. It is my aim to be fit again as soon as possible, but I have to take my time."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...arns-spurs-he-could-be-sidelined-until-april/

That's the season done, then. Get 40 points (the way we're playing, that's a stretch, but we could just about get there with a bit of luck) and settle in. Not joking, it is literally amazing how our defense goes to absolute sh*t without him so quickly - becomes so brainless, so swiftly.

That's the season done, then. Get 40 points (the way we're playing, that's a stretch, but we could just about get there with a bit of luck) and settle in. Not joking, it is literally amazing how our defense goes to absolute sh*t without him so quickly - becomes so brainless, so swiftly.
Haha, not half as brainless as your post. /\ /\

Get a grip mate.

Last edited:

Poch has shown himself to be a great coach, in that specifically when there has been an obvious problem, he is great at working with the players, showing them the solution and getting them to act on what is required.

He’ll find a way to get us solid without Toby. And he’ll find a way to get us playing at Wembley. He’s shown himself to be too good not to.

We may start a little bit too late to make a real success of this season, but we’ll be top 6. Any team would miss key men out of their spine like Toby and Wanyama but someone will step up. I’m sure of it. And we’ll be better for it next season.

Yes we are worse without Toby but it is the other end of the pitch that we seem to be having more problems this last month.

Haha, not half as brainless as your post. /\ /\

Get a grip mate.

Still brainless enough to go to sh*t in Toby's absence, which is damaging *enough* for our season as it is.

Poch has shown himself to be a great coach, in that specifically when there has been an obvious problem, he is great at working with the players, showing them the solution and getting them to act on what is required.

He’ll find a way to get us solid without Toby. And he’ll find a way to get us playing at Wembley. He’s shown himself to be too good not to.

We may start a little bit too late to make a real success of this season, but we’ll be top 6. Any team would miss key men out of their spine like Toby and Wanyama but someone will step up. I’m sure of it. And we’ll be better for it next season.

Fair, but it means this season will be a pain regardless - which is something he's got more than enough credit in the bank to endure (at least in my eyes), but which leaves me deeply disappointed in Verts, Dier and the rest of our back-line for proving so reliant on one man to keep them going.

I wasn’t very happy when I saw Toby sprinting the length of the pitch, charging about trying to beat Real Madrid and thus did his hammy. Not smart. Fans enjoyed it but I felt like the sensible thing was to let the forwards do that, not the big centre back. He almost never does that action.

I wasn’t very happy when Shearer said “Kane should be angry getting subbed on 80 minutes” and then Kane chased all the way up the pitch and got angry with himself and chased all the way back to make a block and thus did his hammy. Not smart. Fans enjoyed it but I felt like the sensible thing was to let the defence do that, not the big centre forward. He almost never does that action.

Ditto Winks on the sideline.
Ditto Sandro vs QPR.

You see these bizarre moments and think “oh no, why did he try that?”

That's the season done, then. Get 40 points...

Davidlaughing.gif

Oh boy, fudging hell .... Assuming you're not taking the tinkle, this really is a new low for you.

I wasn’t very happy when I saw Toby sprinting the length of the pitch, charging about trying to beat Real Madrid and thus did his hammy. Not smart. Fans enjoyed it but I felt like the sensible thing was to let the forwards do that, not the big centre back. He almost never does that action.

I wasn’t very happy when Shearer said “Kane should be angry getting subbed on 80 minutes” and then Kane chased all the way up the pitch and got angry with himself and chased all the way back to make a block and thus did his hammy. Not smart. Fans enjoyed it but I felt like the sensible thing was to let the defence do that, not the big centre forward. He almost never does that action.

Ditto Winks on the sideline.
Ditto Sandro vs QPR.

You see these bizarre moments and think “oh no, why did he try that?”

Yep my only issue with Poch is the lack or little rotation he does, I would like to see more resting of players.

Maybe a long term replacement for Toby is something we should be looking at because I think that experience is so so important for us.

Davidlaughing.gif

Oh boy, fudging hell .... Assuming you're not taking the tinkle, this really is a new low for you.

I'm exaggerating for dramatic effect, but if he's out until April, we are going to be pretty goddamn sh*te given that we've acquired the habit of starting one or two goals down every game. Our defenders have not been impressive in his absence - not Verts, not Dier, not Davies/Trippier or Aurier/Rose. Sanchez has, but then, y'know, we won't have him for the next three games, either. All the rest of them have been pretty complicit in giving up goals every game, and it's deeply f*cking dismaying that they are so reliant on Toby to give them a collective goddamn brain between them.

Back