• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I think we should view from the club's perspective. If Toby is going to be managing injuries from now on out, it simply does not make sense to bump him way way up. Especially as we have an option on an extra year after the end of next season, albeit with a release clause of 25 mill. I am absolutely sure we will offer him a very decent wage rise when all the salaries are reviewed, indeed, I am sure what is on the table is decent (I believe there is something on the table), but if he is holding out for the biggest amount he can get, his injuries will directly negotiate against that for him. And brutally speaking, IF we were to pay over 100k a week, we'd want him fit and healthy for several more seasons. Right now, given this is his second season with a reasonably big injury, that is hard to see sadly. Hope I am wrong...

I think we should view from the club's perspective. If Toby is going to be managing injuries from now on out, it simply does not make sense to bump him way way up. Especially as we have an option on an extra year after the end of next season, albeit with a release clause of 25 mill. I am absolutely sure we will offer him a very decent wage rise when all the salaries are reviewed, indeed, I am sure what is on the table is decent (I believe there is something on the table), but if he is holding out for the biggest amount he can get, his injuries will directly negotiate against that for him. And brutally speaking, IF we were to pay over 100k a week, we'd want him fit and healthy for several more seasons. Right now, given this is his second season with a reasonably big injury, that is hard to see sadly. Hope I am wrong...

This is his third (?) injury in 3 seasons, the extra year has a buy out of £25 million, so is pretty worthless

He is nailed on to go in the summer isnt he?

shame good player and would prefer he stayed but that contract has been sat on the side for to long now.

Sounds like it but he's also said that he hasn't been offered a new contract, there's definitely something up. Given he's out now and there's still time before January window starts now would be a good time to get those negotiations done. He hasn't mentioned anything about wanting to leave and still plays when fit so doesn't seem an issue from that side. I mean it was obvious Walker was going as he barely featured over the last few games.

tumblr_maf8ywTso01qbyfb7o1_500.gif

I know, its The Sun, but since there are quotes from Toby, here goes:

Tottenham star Toby Alderweireld warns Spurs he could be sidelined until April
The Belgian international has been sidelined since picking up an injury in November and in Alderweireld's absence Tottenham have dropped to seventh in the Premier League.

Toby Alderweireld has warned Tottenham he could be out until next April.

And the Belgium defender said he has suffered watching Spurs' struggles since his injury.

Centre-back Alderweireld damaged his hamstring in the 3-1 Champions League win over Real Madrid at Wembley on November 1.

Since then Mauricio Pochettino's side have lost at Arsenal and Leicester, and drawn with struggling West Brom, to slump down the Premier League table.

Alderweireld, 28, said: "I suffered a serious muscle tear, and there is a major risk of me suffering a relapse.

"If the muscle tears completely then I will need an operation, and 14 weeks of recovery time.

"So we are trying to find the right way of working the muscle as much as possible.

"I will have a scan in two weeks' time. We will see how much it has recovered, and how far we can push it.

"It hasn't been fun for me having to watch from the sidelines while the team has struggled.

"It motivates me to come back quicker and stronger. It is my aim to be fit again as soon as possible, but I have to take my time."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...arns-spurs-he-could-be-sidelined-until-april/

Last edited:
We need to plan for the season without him. And beyond IMO. Tragic. Why is it that we always fudging suffer in this position? Ledley...you could argue Woodgate too...but we get Toby and Jan together, probably the best CB pairing you can have, and Toby's fudged! No Bueno :-(

Back