• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

This made me think of Don't You Want Me by The Human League.

Don't you want me, baby?
Don't you want me, ohh?
Don't you want me, baby?
Don't you want me, ohh?

Is there a song to that tune already? Nice and simple, nice and slow.

To - by - Alderweireld
Can you beat him? No-o-o-o-o-o-o
To - by - Alderweireld
Tiger bear rhino-o-o-o-o-o

house-front-door-open-awesome-ideas-1.jpg

To let this guy go would rank up there as one of the stupidest mistakes the club could make, and there have been a few. I hope we don't fudge around with this negotiation too long. We should just get it sorted before the vultures start circling.

Of course he'll sign. There's no way the club won't see how important he is and offer him a wage commensurate with that.

Wages could be an issue. Let's face it, he's the best defender in the league and one of the best in Europe. He could play for any club in the world. I hope he signs as he's our most important player along with Kane IMO but we're going to have to pay him top dollar if we want him to stay.

Wages could be an issue. Let's face it, he's the best defender in the league and one of the best in Europe. He could play for any club in the world. I hope he signs as he's our most important player along with Kane IMO but we're going to have to pay him top dollar if we want him to stay.
But if what he is asking for (allegedly) is parity with Kane and Loris, then that's not really top dollar (it's top dollar within our wage structure but not within our competitors). Which means if that is what he is asking for, we should be able to find a way to keep him. I am confident we will

Because he's 28 and this will likely be his last major contract, the liability will be less.

Say £100,000 x 52 weeks x 4/5 years. That's a £20-25m commitment, which is do-able.

The issue is more offering those kind of wages to young players like Kane, Alli and Dier, as they will expect regular increments for potentially a decade to come.

Because he's 28 and this will likely be his last major contract, the liability will be less.

Say £100,000 x 52 weeks x 4/5 years. That's a £20-25m commitment, which is do-able.

The issue is more offering those kind of wages to young players like Kane, Alli and Dier, as they will expect regular increments for potentially a decade to come.

100k for a player of his talent is a bargain. Surely Levy will know that. Worrying when you look at the state of Liverpoo, City and Utd's defences. All those clubs could easily throw 150k a week at a centre back. Let alone Real and Barca.

100k for a player of his talent is a bargain. Surely Levy will know that. Worrying when you look at the state of Liverpoo, City and Utd's defences. All those clubs could easily throw 150k a week at a centre back. Let alone Real and Barca.

The question is if they can/want afford 150k for a player at the age of 31? Without any kind of agreement with Mr Levy Toby will be still here at that age.

Back