• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

My mistake, thanks for the reality check. I hope VJ has a deep well of internal strength because he appears to be a talented player, and if anyone can help him through it is Poch.

I may be in the minority but I saw him play some games in Holland and he looked the right kind of player to play here although possibly not at a club at our level at that point

He did very little hold up play, and was always the last money coming onto a pass where as here he always seems to get it back to goal

I'd strongly suggest people watch him play for Holland and see his game there as it's a poor Holland side but he does stand out and plays as a cross between lineker and Defoe if that's possible

I may be in the minority but I saw him play some games in Holland and he looked the right kind of player to play here although possibly not at a club at our level at that point

He did very little hold up play, and was always the last money coming onto a pass where as here he always seems to get it back to goal

I'd strongly suggest people watch him play for Holland and see his game there as it's a poor Holland side but he does stand out and plays as a cross between lineker and Defoe if that's possible

A cross between Linekar and Defore would be bloody buggery brilliant. And Alderweireld (because it is his thread after all) is a cross between King & a bouncer with a barber in amphetamines.

A cross between Linekar and Defore would be bloody buggery brilliant. And Alderweireld (because it is his thread after all) is a cross between King & a bouncer with a barber in amphetamines.

True

I mean style wise

He operated in the box and around the pen spot like lineker but was shoot on sight like Defoe

True

I mean style wise

He operated in the box and around the pen spot like lineker but was shoot on sight like Defoe
Strangely then that it is one thing missing from his game here. He does hang on the shoulder of defenders looking for a ball in behind when we are reasonably far away from goal, but when we are near the box he is too willing to come short or go wide. Sometimes hanging around the penalty spot or the back post is not a bad place to be when you are looking for a goal.

Strangely then that it is one thing missing from his game here. He does hang on the shoulder of defenders looking for a ball in behind when we are reasonably far away from goal, but when we are near the box he is too willing to come short or go wide. Sometimes hanging around the penalty spot or the back post is not a bad place to be when you are looking for a goal.

I know
He is playing now more like Andy Carroll rather than a fox in the box
I'm not going to claim to be an expert on him but it's certainly not how I saw him play last season
I do wonder if it's a combination of a new system and the players with him simply not giving him the ball in a manner that suits

for this role you need to build a system around him (space and early passes into the box, like how guardioloa tried with sane in our last game) or have players with the same telepathic understanding - Alli, Kane and Alderwerld comes to mind. Perhaps he/they just need more time together?

Change your name to Smokey Toby? Holy Toby? Supermodelled Alderweireld?

(coat, please)

Haha. Changing your name feels wrong.

I still enjoy watching Daws hoof it around at Hull, great servant to the Club. That photo of him and Ledley after we qualified for the Champions League is one of my favorites.

I find it increasingly difficult to find anything that's actually about Toby in this thread. Maybe I'll catch some news about Alderweireld in the Moussa Sissoko thread. Or is that one for Son? It's very confusing

I find it increasingly difficult to find anything that's actually about Toby in this thread. Maybe I'll catch some news about Alderweireld in the Moussa Sissoko thread. Or is that one for Son? It's very confusing

Here you go..

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino believes Toby Alderweireld's injury against Emirates Marketing Project isn't a serious one and that the Belgian should be available for their upcoming league games after being taken off in the second half against Pep Guardiola's men. Spurs came back from being 2-0 down to draw the game with goals from Dele Alli and Heung Min Son. "He felt tight in his hamstring but I don't believe it's a big issue, "the manager at the Etihad Stadium told Tottenham's official website. "We'll know better in a few days but it doesn't look bad."

I'd be really surprised if that release clause is in there, it doesn't sound very Levy like at all, especially at that price.

I'd be really surprised if that release clause is in there, it doesn't sound very Levy like at all, especially at that price.
It's not a straight clause though, it only kicks in in 2019 if we take up our 1 year extension option on him.... I.e. It is essentially pointless.

Back