• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

He is only leaving for clubs that can win titles and that isn't chelsea.Its city ,psg,barca or RM. i would imagine his preference would be city given that he has been most successful in the PL .I think we would sell for 40-45 to them.Barca and rm would offer less.

I would beg to differ. I think the money on offer compared to what he could earn elsewhere, is his main reason for leaving.

I think you both can be right. The reason for leaving might be different compared to the reason for coming.

If he goes to Chelsea or worse still, Arsenal, I think its safe to say he went for the money.

Of course he goes for the money, otherwise we wouldn't have this discussion. But I´m not sure if money is his solely becaon where he is heading. If so, he would have heading to China already. So 180k@PSG or 200k@Arsenal?

Yes, realised that after when I was looking at the press conference stuff.
Oh well, I'll cling on to that little vestige of hope a bit longer.

Poch saying he'll have talks with him next week have to be positive - at least it provides the potential for some agreement to be reached. Even if he stays I think we're a CB short (Dier is not a CB!) so getting the young dutch lad in so that we have 3 good young CBs learning from our two senior ones would be great and give more opportunity to go 3 at the back without having to play a midfielder in defence

I think he will stay I really do !!!

That would be fantastic, but I can't see it. I reckon if he or his agent thought we might offer him £180k a week, he'd be asking for 200. He's basically sending 2 messages:
(1) To potential suitor clubs, that that's where they can start their negotiations, and (2) to anyone else observing, that he thinks it'll probably be longer than the couple of seasons or so he might have left at the top before Spurs are really ready to win the big trophies.
Would love it if I'm wrong, though.

He will leave, sadly. City collect the Toby's of this world and if they dont need him Chelsea will pay him and us an abosolute shed load!
United could build the club round such a player.
I do not see him going abroad sadly, he's been there, there is an outside chance at PSG. Toby would be mad to go there with my non Spurs hat on.
Would love him to stay, but I think he is at that time in his career he will end playing alongside Walker.

He will leave, sadly. City collect the Toby's of this world and if they dont need him Chelsea will pay him and us an abosolute shed load!
United could build the club round such a player.
I do not see him going abroad sadly, he's been there, there is an outside chance at PSG. Toby would be mad to go there with my non Spurs hat on.
Would love him to stay, but I think he is at that time in his career he will end playing alongside Walker.

I agree that Utd could build a club around such a player only if said-player was fit most of the season.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Don't do it to yourself, no player that has been in disagreement with Poch survives too long.

His simple demeanour is probably very very far from the truth behind closed doors.

In my mind Alder and Rose are done.

Don't do it to yourself, no player that has been in disagreement with Poch survives too long.

That true, but equally players how disagree with Poch are generally frozen out and leave very quickly - I dont know of examples where Poch has had talks at the end of hte season like he seems to have planned with TA

That true, but equally players how disagree with Poch are generally frozen out and leave very quickly - I dont know of examples where Poch has had talks at the end of hte season like he seems to have planned with TA

Probably a " you go abroad" type conversation. Can easily think that Utd/City/Chelsea have been on the phone to the agent.

I think he could easily go to Barca or Mardrid, or even PSG.

Poch saying he'll have talks with him next week have to be positive - at least it provides the potential for some agreement to be reached. Even if he stays I think we're a CB short (Dier is not a CB!) so getting the young dutch lad in so that we have 3 good young CBs learning from our two senior ones would be great and give more opportunity to go 3 at the back without having to play a midfielder in defence
I was told he was gone, but you have to think there is a chance, otherwise why would Poch say that? Maybe either side has changed their stance? Would be a real sign of intent if we don't sell anyone we want to keep.

The statement alone in keeping Alder would really do wonders for the other dedicated players.

The only way this changes on its head is if Alder has a change of heart and could never leave due to some mystical love that he has found for the club ...

Sounds off and too rose tinted for me ... forever the spurs cynic

Back