• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

He'll sign a new contract, fairly certain of it.

The £25m release clause thing comes into affect if we take up the extension right?

It's a PR agency that runs the players' twitter/instagram accounts, so never read anything into that.

I understand and respect that but believe me nothing gets posted without the sentiment of the player. Could all be mind games or whatever ... but he has not thrown his toys out and has been nothing but a professional that suggests that he is happy but wants the best deal for him and his family.

Has not suggested that he is unhappy, looking to leave, or looking to go on strike to force a move vs some so called spurs legends.

So is he officially injured now?

Is it a case of sign the contract off, get it out the way, then you will play do you think? Or...I won't play I want a move? Or is he just injured?

He has been brilliant for us but I feel he has decided to leave in the summer and Poch knows it

The money on offer elsewhere is probably just too tempting at his stage of career.

He has been brilliant for us but I feel he has decided to leave in the summer and Poch knows it

The money on offer elsewhere is probably just too tempting at his stage of career.
I dont know about that. He still posts on Instagram pics of him watching Spurs games saying 'COYS' and things like that. I know its not exactly a massive gesture, but doesnt exactly strike me as someone whos checked out and on the cusp of leaving. If he hadnt been out injured for so long Im not sure we'd be having all this drama....

If he has a possible move to Barca say, then could you blame him? I think we could get relatively close to what others would offer, so its not just the money, also playing for an elite club would be a normal ambition.

Its quite possible to support the club while moving on. Shows professionalism. But we don't know. Its one of the 3 options above.

I dont know about that. He still posts on Instagram pics of him watching Spurs games saying 'COYS' and things like that. I know its not exactly a massive gesture, but doesnt exactly strike me as someone whos checked out and on the cusp of leaving. If he hadnt been out injured for so long Im not sure we'd be having all this drama....

When (if) he leaves he can point to that and say he would have loved to stay, but just didn't get a good enough offer.

That's very COY of him.

I'll get my coat.

Whisper it quietly, but we haven't even really missed him, which I have to say I never expected at all. Even though it includes the 4-1 reverse at City, our average goals against over the 12 league games he's been out is actually slightly better than over the previous 16.

When (if) he leaves he can point to that and say he would have loved to stay, but just didn't get a good enough offer.
You could make cases positively and negatively for it. All Im saying is that there are no signs from him that he wants out, just the usual guess work because a deal hasnt been concluded yet - everything from Spurs is done very in house which means noone really knows except those who matter....

Whisper it quietly, but we haven't even really missed him, which I have to say I never expected at all. Even though it includes the 4-1 reverse at City, our average goals against over the 12 league games he's been out is actually slightly better than over the previous 16.

In the 4-0 we didnt have Sanchez available, so that would've contributed.

I still think we can't do down this "we're fine without him, look at us" route, people said the same with Walker, and he could now turn up at Wembley and receive a guard of honour from us.

I still think we can't do down this "we're fine without him, look at us" route, people said the same with Walker, and he could now turn up at Wembley and receive a guard of honour from us.
No, we can't go down that route, but we must. We will lose players, whether we like it or not. We need to be able to adapt, however, and so far it looks like we're adapting. Not perfectly, but adapting nevertheless, to the point that we are currently 4th within a hair's breadth from 2nd, in spite of having to get used to a new stadium and having had so many injuries for 2/3 of the season.

It's a PR agency that runs the players' twitter/instagram accounts, so never read anything into that.

You forget last season Walker removed all his Tottenham related pictures from account and described himself as an English player and no longer as a Spurs player

No, we can't go down that route, but we must. We will lose players, whether we like it or not. We need to be able to adapt, however, and so far it looks like we're adapting. Not perfectly, but adapting nevertheless, to the point that we are currently 4th within a hair's breadth from 2nd, in spite of having to get used to a new stadium and having had so many injuries for 2/3 of the season.

Indeed we have played 29 league matches and Toby has only played in 10, proof that we will not fall apart if does go

The issue with Walker is not that we are not fine without him but rather we strengthened one of our rivals. I will be sad if Toby goes, but it would be manageable if he is sold abroad, it would be foolhardy if we sold him to Man Utd or Liverpool for instance

Back