• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

Nah if we played the same restrained controlling football that Arsenal play we wouldn't have scored as many as we have up to now. We're very bold, we put numbers in the opposition half and really try to play and it's gets us numbers but not due to the quality of our attackers. Arsenal have been very restrained and for the majority the season barely making chances, it's only recently have they taken the handbrake off.

8 of Richy's goals are tapins, that's a great way to score but it does require that we commit good numbers forward. We will always score but with great risk attached. A better quality of forward in this system and we actually score more goals, we score earlier goals we give out those fabled 5-0 drubbings 😅

Keep the attackers we have and it will continue to not maximise the quality of the system and setup. If we want to scare teams into not attacking us, we need to have some scary players up front and the only one we have is Son.

I kind of look it a bit like the Jesus/Sterling scenarioa. They played for City who score brick tons and even won competitions but they themselves weren't performing to the required level despite City scoring so many. They got goals just because they were on the pitch and the City system just generates goals and goal scoring chances. Loom at their replacements, Haaland and Alvarez roughly and you see the difference an uptick in quality on the final third can make even to a side like City who were already virtually at the pinnacle.

We aren't and have loads of room to grow and you think we can't improve on the players who are arguably the lowest performing portion of the team?
Halland wasnt replacing Jesus.. he is replacing aguero. Jesus was never a starter as a CF

We already have teams adjusting to us.. that’s after 6 months and a team changing constantly because of injuries. That’s because they fear our attacking play

Halland wasnt replacing Jesus.. he is replacing aguero. Jesus was never a starter as a CF

We already have teams adjusting to us.. that’s after 6 months and a team changing constantly because of injuries. That’s because they fear our attacking play

Again i think that’s more down to our system and how we play more than individual players.

They had that in-between season when Jesus was tried as the striker. He wasn't good enough so got dropped and eventually replaced but the intention of he had been up to par was for Jesus to play striker for them. He's just not good enough, even for Arsenal thankfully.

And like Jürgen, we score goals because of our risky system that is always going to give chances away, not due to the quality of our front line.

I wouldn't get rid of anyone btw, I think Johnson has promise and I really like Kulu. I'm just not going to let my like of them or the potential they may posses blind me to the realities of what's needed. I'd just at the minimum add a LWF, preferably someone who can beat players.

I think add that player, play Son through the middle and left Johnson develop a bit and rotate with Kulu and we score even more goals, we score them earlier, we pepper the opposition, we stress them. We keep more clean sheets, as it is now we score every game but we aren't really creating a great deal. Our forwards are very easy to contain making the game always at jepoady.

We commit more men forward. I just don’t think we score a lot of goals because of the quality of our forwards. I’d say it’s the weakest part of the team.
We commit the same amount of men forward. They have rice cleaning up… we don’t
Take rice out of the Arsenal team, like Rodri at city and they don’t work

They had that in-between season when Jesus was tried as the striker. He wasn't good enough so got dropped and eventually replaced but the intention of he had been up to par was for Jesus to play striker for them. He's just not good enough, even for Arsenal thankfully.

And like Jürgen, we score goals because of our risky system that is always going to give chances away, not due to the quality of our front line.

I wouldn't get rid of anyone btw, I think Johnson has promise and I really like Kulu. I'm just not going to let my like of them or the potential they may posses blind me to the realities of what's needed. I'd just at the minimum add a LWF, preferably someone who can beat players.

I think add that player, play Son through the middle and left Johnson develop a bit and rotate with Kulu and we score even more goals, we score them earlier, we pepper the opposition, we stress them. We keep more clean sheets, as it is now we score every game but we aren't really creating a great deal. Our forwards are very easy to contain making the game always at jepoady.
The season your referring too they okayed Jesus, when he did play, wide left.
Sterling played central and they also used Gubgodan
They always knew Jesus wasn’t good enough. They signed Alverez in the January to replace Jesus as first reserve

We commit the same amount of men forward. They have rice cleaning up… we don’t
Take rice out of the Arsenal team, like Rodri at city and they don’t work

They didn’t have Rice last season and they conceded less than we have this season and there’s 12 games left! Sorry mate I just can’t agree that our forwards are as good as Arse, Liverpool or City.

They didn’t have Rice last season and they conceded less than we have this season and there’s 12 games left! Sorry mate I just can’t agree that our forwards are as good as Arse, Liverpool or City.
They didn’t score as much last season either. Everything is better for them with an elite CM playing
Their shots against this season with rice on board is the best in the world. That’s the difference

And I never said ours were as good. What I said was it’s harder to judge ours when majority of the ones your mentioned had been here at total of about 20 games between them
That’s not a fair comparison.
I’m confident that the team and the attack will be even better next season.

They didn’t score as much last season either. Everything is better for them with an elite CM playing
Their shots against this season with rice on board is the best in the world. That’s the difference

And I never said ours were as good. What I said was it’s harder to judge ours when majority of the ones your mentioned had been here at total of about 20 games between them
That’s not a fair comparison.
I’m confident that the team and the attack will be even better next season.

Better yes, not as good as the top teams though IMO. Other than Son, I’m not sure any of our forwards would get into the starting lineup of any of our rivals.

Better yes, not as good as the top teams though IMO. Other than Son, I’m not sure any of our forwards would get into the starting lineup of any of our rivals.
Kulu would when playing well
Richarlison would start as a striker at Arsenal for sure
Hard to tell who would get in at city as their team is so functional. Johnson may because they use pace and pass better
Considering Nunezs game time I think Richy would get games at pool too. Gakpo isn’t all that either so I could see most of ours playing instead of him
But it all options

What’s key is the defence. We would be battling for the title if we kept clean sheets in a couple of games where we could have and should have (Everton and wolves away). There are many others too to throw into the mix.
Until that happens we won’t make any further steps up
We have seen how the results can be when we have a DM allaying at his peak (Bissouma start of the season). That’s what Arsenal have every game wither rice
Pool do it differently and it’s why you can get at their defence
Against city you have a chance every time you get past Rodri

Just to highlight to the biggest difference between us and the top 3…
Goals against XGa
Arsenal - 21.7
City - 24.12
Pool - 31.85
US - 45.71

we don’t need to make up the 23 goals ok Arsenal but 3 more clean sheets this season or just 3 less goals conceded would have been huge

Kulu would when playing well
Richarlison would start as a striker at Arsenal for sure
Hard to tell who would get in at city as their team is so functional. Johnson may because they use pace and pass better
Considering Nunezs game time I think Richy would get games at pool too. Gakpo isn’t all that either so I could see most of ours playing instead of him
But it all options

What’s key is the defence. We would be battling for the title if we kept clean sheets in a couple of games where we could have and should have (Everton and wolves away). There are many others too to throw into the mix.
Until that happens we won’t make any further steps up
We have seen how the results can be when we have a DM allaying at his peak (Bissouma start of the season). That’s what Arsenal have every game wither rice
Pool do it differently and it’s why you can get at their defence
Against city you have a chance every time you get past Rodri

Johnson not a chance IMO. Kulu possibly if we’re talking about 21/22 Kulu.

Richarlison could do a job for Arsenal. Their fans rave about Jesus despite the fact that he’s poor in front of goal. I don’t see a great deal of difference between Richarlison and Jesus honestly. Neither are world class, both are good players who work hard but not elite.

I don’t disagree at all about the defence but again I think that’s more down to how we setup. Hopefully when everyone is fully fit and back up to speed we will see more clean sheets. That still doesn’t fix the issue with the forwards not being elite. Even in the first 10-12 games when we were top, the forwards were the obvious standout area that could be improved. I still think that today despite the number of goals we score.

Johnson not a chance IMO. Kulu possibly if we’re talking about 21/22 Kulu.

Richarlison could do a job for Arsenal. Their fans rave about Jesus despite the fact that he’s poor in front of goal. I don’t see a great deal of difference between Richarlison and Jesus honestly. Neither are world class, both are good players who work hard but not elite.

I don’t disagree at all about the defence but again I think that’s more down to how we setup. Hopefully when everyone is fully fit and back up to speed we will see more clean sheets. That still doesn’t fix the issue with the forwards not being elite. Even in the first 10-12 games when we were top, the forwards were the obvious standout area that could be improved. I still think that today despite the number of goals we score.

There aren’t that many elite forwards around, 2 in the PL, 1 in Germany, 1 in Spain, arguably 1 in Italy and France.

If we add a second that would be great.

There aren’t that many elite forwards around, 2 in the PL, 1 in Germany, 1 in Spain, arguably 1 in Italy and France.

If we add a second that would be great.

We’d probably have to disagree there. I’m assuming you won’t count Salah as he plays for Liverpool. Ditto Jota. Saka is elite. Whether you think they’re elite or not, they’re better than what we have, Son aside.

We’d probably have to disagree there. I’m assuming you won’t count Salah as he plays for Liverpool. Ditto Jota. Saka is elite. Whether you think they’re elite or not, they’re better than what we have, Son aside.

Yep, disagree, don’t think any of them are elite.

........ Arsenal have Saka, Martinelli. ........ Our forwards are nowhere near that level other than Son and that’s what we’re up against.
You can't say "other than Son" and list their best 2 forwards, that isn't fair.
I agree Richie Deki Johnson can improve. I agree Werner Solomon are not about to be bought by Real Madrid. But I don't covet their forwards. I know their team are scoring for fun right now, but I don't covet them.

You can't say "other than Son" and list their best 2 forwards, that isn't fair.
I agree Richie Deki Johnson can improve. I agree Werner Solomon are not about to be bought by Real Madrid. But I don't covet their forwards. I know their team are scoring for fun right now, but I don't covet them.

Saka and Martinelli would walk into our team. Jesus I don’t see much difference in quality compared to Richarlison, much of a muchness. Richarlison is a better finisher, Jesus good all round but poor finisher. Jota, Salah and Diaz would also walk into our team.

Back