• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

Salah - Won every domestic trophy in England. Won the CL. Won the league. Golden boot winner. Pretty much near the top every season in goals and assists. Yeah he’s not elite.
Salah is elite
haaland is elite
Kane is elite
son is an elite finisher, but not an elite player ... He has his moments
Mbappe is elite
cant think of any straight away in Spain but sure there are some at Madrid (I’d still class Bellingham as midfield and he is top scorer there) and there was one but he has ended his career at Barca in Lewandoswki

then you have a tier or possibles like Osihmen, saka, , openda who need consistency and doing it on the European stage as well as within their league

Last edited:
Saka and Martinelli would walk into our team. Jesus I don’t see much difference in quality compared to Richarlison, much of a muchness. Richarlison is a better finisher, Jesus good all round but poor finisher. Jota, Salah and Diaz would also walk into our team.
Martinelli isnt that good. Even their fans see it now. His end product is very erratic and inconsistent and he is now ,ore of a known quantity. He is having a decent spell now but it never last with him
saka is consistent. Thats what makes him stand out in their team.
they have been playing Trossard who has over taken him on all statistics and most are ska fans I know prefer him

Martinelli isnt that good. Even their fans see it now. His end product is very erratic and inconsistent and he is now ,ore of a known quantity. He is having a decent spell now but it never last with him
saka is consistent. Thats what makes him stand out in their team.
they have been playing Trossard who has over taken him on all statistics and most are ska fans I know prefer him

I’d take Martinelli over Werner or Johnson

You're dodging the point. You said "other than Son" and listed those two. It's like me saying "other than Saka Spurs have the better forwards, because Son is great blah blah blah". It's not fair.
Tbh this version of Son on the left doesn't walk into any top 6 team. He would have historically but not anymore. As a starting striker it's a different answer.

You're dodging the point. You said "other than Son" and listed those two. It's like me saying "other than Saka Spurs have the better forwards, because Son is great blah blah blah". It's not fair.

I haven’t. Son would get into any team in the league. That’s an easy one. The rest of our forwards however wouldn’t.

Ok
I wouldn’t want Martinelli as anything other than a squad option myself
We have purchase calling Kulu one trick but Martinelli is the same but without the same impact IMO

To be fair he scored 15 league goals last season. Granted he’s not been at the same level this season but I’d still take him. Kulu from 21/22 was unplayable at times but I don’t think he’s really kicked on since then. He got injured last season which didn’t help.

To be fair he scored 15 league goals last season. Granted he’s not been at the same level this season but I’d still take him. Kulu from 21/22 was unplayable at times but I don’t think he’s really kicked on since then. He got injured last season which didn’t help.
And this season he has even playing a variety of roles

I like that he makes runs and cut the ball back really well, but he is a poor finisher. You can see he has no confidence when he suddenly gets a chance, he absolutely bricks it.
I don't want Spurs to sign him, I want better. He runs well, he can cut it back, but his finishing is amateurish.

I like that he makes runs and cut the ball back really well, but he is a poor finisher. You can see he has no confidence when he suddenly gets a chance, he absolutely bricks it.
I don't want Spurs to sign him, I want better. He runs well, he can cut it back, but his finishing is amateurish.
I think it was a smart loan under the circumstances, but he's got to radically improve to get a contract. We have to aim higher than what he provides at the moment.

• Disagree
Reactions: jrh
He's already got more assists than Arsenal's front 3, now a goal, should have been two. If he keeps finding ways to contribute, he'll stay. What's he not providing, as you see it?
It's just the fact that he's not a natural finisher. Give him a glorious chance that most forwards will put away 9 times out of 10, and he'll miss it 9 times out of 10.
I like his attitude and work ethic, but there are other players out there that also have that, AND are better in key moments. And they don't need to cost that much more either.
I'd have Nusa every day of the week instead of Werner, and thankfully it seems we're still looking at him.

Back