• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

If those are our attackers options next season I will be bit underwhelmed. It's just not a title challenging lineup which i guess is fine if our intention is to fight for a top 4 place, but I was hoping for more. I would like to keep improving to try and break through our ceiling. Those forward options aren't going to do it imo.

I’m with you. I keep seeing the word “option” thrown about but we need better than that. Liverpool have Diaz, Nunez, Salah Jota. Arsenal have Saka, Martinelli. Emirates Marketing Project have Haaland, Alvarez, Foden and Doku. Our forwards are nowhere near that level other than Son and that’s what we’re up against.

I’m with you. I keep seeing the word “option” thrown about but we need better than that. Liverpool have Diaz, Nunez, Salah Jota. Arsenal have Saka, Martinelli. Emirates Marketing Project have Haaland, Alvarez, Foden and Doku. Our forwards are nowhere near that level other than Son and that’s what we’re up against.

of course but that's 500m of talent if not more and 10 years of fire power to do that, we will get to that as we are starting to show IMO and it needs to be especially with Sons age and fact we have yet to replace Kane.

of course but that's 500m of talent if not more and 10 years of fire power to do that, we will get to that as we are starting to show IMO and it needs to be especially with Sons age and fact we have yet to replace Kane.

Not with the players we have at the moment IMO. Who knows, maybe the likes of Johnson need time but honestly I’d be disappointed if we don’t go into the market for at least one wide player/forward in the summer.

I’m not sure they do overall. The only forward in the PL you can make an argument for being as good as Son is Haaland.

And I think how many we have conceded is a much bigger problem than how many we have scored.

As a unit, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal have better forwards than us. I don’t think that’s even debatable.

We concede too many goals I agree.

Not with the players we have at the moment IMO. Who knows, maybe the likes of Johnson need time but honestly I’d be disappointed if we don’t go into the market for at least one wide player/forward in the summer.

It's nailed.on we are going into the market for an attacker thought isn't it?

Yet strangely we’re on course for 79 goal….

That’s more down to how we play, hence the number of goals we’ve let in at the other end. Do you think our front line is as good as Liverpool, Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project?
I think your under estimating ours and over estimating theirs

City have one genuine striker. The other goals come from everywhere else

Pool… they have great cover for salah with Jota. The rest… IMO not better than we have and the goal return shows that

Arsenals attack so so good that everyone knows they need a striker.

Trossard is there second top scorer. Saka is top as we know. They have hit a great purple patch and it’s showing. But they will sign a striker as they know that’s what’s costing them. The goals they are scoring are being shared around the team… the same as us and city. They have only scored 10 more goals than us. The big change came post winter break and they have played a game more. So yeah it’s a bit better. But it really isn’t that much and we are just starting out journey

The big difference between us and those teams is clean sheets…

Last edited:

Pool… they have great cover for salah with Jota. The rest… IMO not better than we have and the goal return shows that

Trossard is there second top scorer. Saka is top as we know. They have hit a great purple patch and it’s showing. But they will sign a striker as they know that’s what’s costing them. The goals they are scoring are being shared around the team… the same as us and city. They have only scored 10 more goals than us. The big change came post winter break and they have played a game more. So yeah it’s a bit better. But it really isn’t that much and we are just starting out journey

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t think Johnson, Werner, Kulu and Solomon are better than the forwards our rivals have. Son admittedly is and would definitely make all those teams better. None of the others would IMO.

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t think Johnson, Werner, Kulu and Solomon are better than the forwards our rivals have. Son admittedly is and would definitely make all those teams better. None of the others would IMO.
3 of the 4 you mention have been here half a season or less
I prefer to judge with some time as relevance
You also forget Richy…
As I said above, the reason we are not fighting for the title is a lack of clean sheets

Nah if we played the same restrained controlling football that Arsenal play we wouldn't have scored as many as we have up to now. We're very bold, we put numbers in the opposition half and really try to play and it's gets us numbers but not due to the quality of our attackers. Arsenal have been very restrained and for the majority the season barely making chances, it's only recently have they taken the handbrake off.

8 of Richy's goals are tapins, that's a great way to score but it does require that we commit good numbers forward. We will always score but with great risk attached. A better quality of forward in this system and we actually score more goals, we score earlier goals we give out those fabled 5-0 drubbings 😅

Keep the attackers we have and it will continue to not maximise the quality of the system and setup. If we want to scare teams into not attacking us, we need to have some scary players up front and the only one we have is Son.

I kind of look it a bit like the Jesus/Sterling scenarioa. They played for City who score brick tons and even won competitions but they themselves weren't performing to the required level despite City scoring so many. They got goals just because they were on the pitch and the City system just generates goals and goal scoring chances. Loom at their replacements, Haaland and Alvarez roughly and you see the difference an uptick in quality on the final third can make even to a side like City who were already virtually at the pinnacle.

We aren't and have loads of room to grow and you think we can't improve on the players who are arguably the lowest performing portion of the team?

You also forget Richy…
As I said above, the reason we are not fighting for the title is a lack of clean sheets
Well I’d be disappointed if the forward line is the same at the start of next season and we don’t make any signings in that area.

You also forget Richy…
In a year's time you're going to be saying the same thing Jurgen is saying right now. 🤣

In a year's time you're going to be saying the same thing Jurgen is saying right now. 🤣
Nah
I want to see the bigger picture
Throwing Solomon into the mix but not Richy shows how he is thinking.
That’s fine. It’s his view. And that’s what a message board is for

Back