• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

Probably got targets in mind for the summer that can't be moved on mid-season, we need to bolster the attack with Son away and Veliz injured, so a short term loan deal makes sense for our needs and with that in mind you're not going to be signing an inform/in demand player so this is about the level of signing we could hope for.

That makes him.older than Richie, and his record over the past couple of seasons has been worse.
I think his cieling is higher, and we need the cover/competition anyway. I would obviously prefer we sign a world class striker ready-to-go, but this deal seems like a decent gamble.

No reason to be all that skeptical of this, in my opinion. A loan isn't exactly high risk, and who knows, maybe Werner is the exact type of player that needs a big Ange arm around his shoulder to flourish.

As a loan ok. If we were spending £20-30m on him i'd be against it. Although if he does well i might have changed my mind in the summer.

I'd be very happy with this. He didn't have the best of spells at Chelsea but he has all the attributes to fit in this team.

There is a real lack of quality number 9s in wolrd football at the moment so you have to pay well over the odds to get one.

He's rapid, has great energy and has shown in Germany he can finish.

If we steal him from Man utd then that makes it even better!

I'd be very happy with this. He didn't have the best of spells at Chelsea but he has all the attributes to fit in this team.

There is a real lack of quality number 9s in wolrd football at the moment so you have to pay well over the odds to get one.

He's rapid, has great energy and has shown in Germany he can finish.

If we steal him from Man utd then that makes it even better!

Is he going to play as a 9? Think he'd be more cover for son or in maddisons role allowing kulu to play on the right.

It’s a loan
Seems a sensible if not exciting option
Also means we’re losing on of our other overseas players then

I’m quite excited by it. And clearly the club see the need to reinforce the attack if possible. Never easy to secure goal scorers in Jan. Werner might be a clever signing at an age where he’s got everything to prove.

I’m quite excited by it. And clearly the club see the need to reinforce the attack if possible. Never easy to secure goal scorers in Jan. Werner might be a clever signing at an age where he’s got everything to prove.
We need players
I’m glad the club see it too
If we’re having to bring on Gil who can only pass backwards I’d rather have Werner who may or may not miss… but at least goes forwards

No reason to be all that skeptical of this, in my opinion. A loan isn't exactly high risk, and who knows, maybe Werner is the exact type of player that needs a big Ange arm around his shoulder to flourish.
While I agree a 6 month loan is a low risk, there is every reason to be sceptical considering hus shabby goal return.

Sure, he might come good but there is nothing in nothing in the last 30 months to suggest he would. Over that time period he has scored less goals than Richarlison and that is not a high bar.

Well, in Ange I trust

While I agree a 6 month loan is a low risk, there is every reason to be sceptical considering hus shabby goal return.

Sure, he might come good but there is nothing in nothing in the last 30 months to suggest he would. Over that time period he has scored less goals than Richarlison and that is not a high bar.

Well, in Ange I trust

He got 16 goals last season.

Back