• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

That doesn't make any sense
Hit late 20s and pace has started to go? Its pretty normal. But better players adapt their game, whereas he's always been very 1 dimensional, so that could explain why he's not been being selected by Leipzig?

Hit late 20s and pace has started to go? Its pretty normal. But better players adapt their game, whereas he's always been very 1 dimensional, so that could explain why he's not been being selected by Leipzig?

The question posed related to him having a good season last season and barely featuring this season - players don't suddenly lose pace over a summer. Anyhow, he isn't brick but with pace as you put it, he's a pretty good/great all round footballer that has question marks over his finishing.

He has 150+ goals in his career already at 27. Including a spell of 95 in 159 games before Chelsea. Plus almost 1 in 2 (24 in 57) for a poor German side. Not saying he is the answer but for a 6 month emergency loan I'm not sure we could do any better. Has to be a better choice than someone like Wieghorst.
I would suggest that Ange is not insane so why would bring Wieghorst into the conversation.

Ange may have been told that, financially, he’s the option they are prepared to pursue. It would fit Levy’s patterns of behaviour over 20+ years.

We're not going to be buying a starting CF/WF in Jan - we need a stop gap till the summer and this fits the profile of what can be expected - don't see the need to take that sort of position on this one.

We're not going to be buying a starting CF/WF in Jan - we need a stop gap till the summer and this fits the profile of what can be expected - don't see the need to take thar sort of position on this one.
I agree
It’s an odd take
Very yellow and purple

Strange one, was surprised when I saw it this morning. Always thought Werner was a bit like Havertz and Kiyech at Chelsea. Lads who I thought had talent but they were all very watery sort of players who you wouldn't want in the trenches with you. Be interesting to see what he's like with us - wouldn't be my choice and not expecting much but sort of intrigued.

I don't believe he'd be coming in if Ange wasn't good with it.

Back