• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

So, once we appoint a more experienced, successful, manager...on a big long term contract...who has his own squad and pre-season...where will you expect us to finish? And before you say Top 4, you may wanna check the 'Are we reaching our potential' thread. And, whatever your expectation. if we don't achieve it, will you want the that manager out?
I don't have expectations of a final league placement, merely how I think Spurs should compete based on how the season unfolds (can't do a lot about other teams performing very well), and how I stack our squad up against the opposition squads. I don't think our squad has reached its potential either, not even close.

The most important thing though, I will admit, is that the new manager isn't a chinless ****. Although, with Levy's seemingly preferred LVG off to United, I'm not as convinced as Sandro that gilet sales in North London will be taking a hit this summer.

Sherwood will not be removed from his job for atleast 4 weeks after the season has ended.
Way to ruin May, Yiddo.

I don't have expectations of a final league placement, merely how I think Spurs should compete based on how the season unfolds (can't do a lot about other teams performing very well), and how I stack our squad up against the opposition squads. I don't think our squad has reached its potential either, not even close.

The most important thing though, I will admit, is that the new manager isn't a chinless ****. Although, with Levy's seemingly preferred LVG off to United, I'm not as convinced as Sandro that gilet sales in North London will be taking a hit this summer.

I agree, expectations purely on a final league placement leaves a lot up to chance.

I think it's more realistic to for example have a goal of "challenging for 4th" for example in terms of final results. And then have some goals about performance and play.

When Sherwood has finally gone. Can we just block out every mention of his name and pretend that the last few months have never really happened!

It's like the days leading up to Transfer Deadline Day, just waiting around, frustrated and knowing nothing will really happen until it arrives.

2dmbaww.jpg

When Sherwood has finally gone. Can we just block out every mention of his name and pretend that the last few months have never really happened!

It's like the days leading up to Transfer Deadline Day, just waiting around, frustrated and knowing nothing will really happen until it arrives.

i do think his legacy will end pretty much that way. its controversial and theres a lot of noise and grumblings, but in the bigger picture he hasn;t really impacted anything postively or negatively. so he will be remembered as a caretaker in between two real coaches.

Tim Sherwood claims Tottenham squad aren't taking him as seriously as they should, moaning that the speculation surrounding his future has turned him into little more than a “supply teacher”.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/474940/Tim-Sherwood-claims-Tottenham-squad-aren-t-taking-him-as-seriously-as-they-should

http://www.london24.com/sport/tottenham/sherwood_i_ve_felt_like_a_supply_teacher_at_spurs_1_3593502

“I don’t know if the chairman has spoken to Sandro but obviously somebody has told him,” Levy said. “The players look a lot at the speculation and it begins to be more than that. I have had a lot of players come to me and say to me, ‘Our agents have told us you are not going to be here next year’.

“And also, I am doing it with a lot of uncertainty around my future. If you have a supply teacher who comes into your school, sometimes they are not treated with the respect that a headmaster is.

“If I need any information, I am better off asking the players. He is not the first player to have asked me - although he has not actually asked me. He has just offered his opinion to somebody.

Truth hurts donut

Last edited:

Mackay has today agreed a settlement with Cardiff over his sacking. That Norwich job is slipping away Timmy.

So he's an Arsenal supporting supply P.E. teacher then? Keeps getting worse.

Timothy said:
He is not the first player to have asked me - although he has not actually asked me.
:special:

Tim Sherwood claims Tottenham squad aren't taking him as seriously as they should, moaning that the speculation surrounding his future has turned him into little more than a “supply teacher”.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/474940/Tim-Sherwood-claims-Tottenham-squad-aren-t-taking-him-as-seriously-as-they-should

http://www.london24.com/sport/tottenham/sherwood_i_ve_felt_like_a_supply_teacher_at_spurs_1_3593502

“I don’t know if the chairman has spoken to Sandro but obviously somebody has told him,” Levy said. “The players look a lot at the speculation and it begins to be more than that. I have had a lot of players come to me and say to me, ‘Our agents have told us you are not going to be here next year’.

“And also, I am doing it with a lot of uncertainty around my future. If you have a supply teacher who comes into your school, sometimes they are not treated with the respect that a headmaster is.

“If I need any information, I am better off asking the players. He is not the first player to have asked me - although he has not actually asked me. He has just offered his opinion to somebody.

Truth hurts donut

Speaks volumes of my immaturity, but this has cheered up my so far ****e day

Horaaah! His finally come to terms with his 'REAL' job role at the club! Just need Sir Les's real job role clarified too.....

Pre-match press conference not long ago. Wonder what pre-planned questions the journos had for him today?

Here's his opinion on something else: Tim Sherwood on the B league: "I think it's the way forward. Youngsters need competitive league football."

" If you have a supply teacher who comes into your school, sometimes they are not treated with the respect that a headmaster is.

“If I need any information, I am better off asking the players.

I think that confirms rumours of an irreconcilable break with Levy

I think that confirms rumours of an irreconcilable break with Levy

Yeah. Along with "I don’t know if the chairman has spoken to Sandro but obviously somebody has told him".

The obvious follow up question should have been "told him what?"

But yeah, he's gone, and he knows it. If not it's the best choreographed fake-sacking ever.

Simon Felstein, Tottenham's head of communications, said: "The situation hasn't changed. We always said Tim will sit down with the chairman and talk about his future in the summer."

Sherwood's impatience is showing.

Truth hurts donut

Tim Tim Tim. Keep this stuff behind closed doors. You are ruining what little reputation you have by doing **** like this.

Sherwood's impatience is showing.

Tim Tim Tim. Keep this stuff behind closed doors. You are ruining what little reputation you have by doing **** like this.

He's probably just trying to shift whatever blame he can over on the club and Levy knowing that it's been pretty obvious to onlookers that he's lost at least part of the dressing room. For potential new clubs to seriously consider him he has to try to make it look like it's not his fault.

Possibly his only chance to comment directly too as Levy will most likely get him to sign non-disclosure agreements come the time when he's shipped out.

Levy has played this game before. He's not going to rush into anything. He might even get lucky enough to have Sherwood properly embarrass himself.

I still have a degree of sympathy for him to be honest. He obviously needs to go, but the whole thing is so typical Spurs.
Yes, he should keep it shut but the players especially, should have been briefed (from the top) to not make any comment, either through direct questions or social media.
It's actually worse than Jol's situation imo.
That said, if it was him that made the leak to Sky ~ 1 month ago, then you could say the publicity started from him, but I don't know how accurate that is, or more bullsheeit to discredit him further.

I still have a degree of sympathy for him to be honest. He obviously needs to go, but the whole thing is so typical Spurs.
Yes, he should keep it shut but the players especially, should have been briefed (from the top) to not make any comment, either through direct questions or social media.
It's actually worse than Jol's situation imo.
That said, if it was him that made the leak to Sky ~ 1 month ago, then you could say the publicity started from him, but I don't know how accurate that is, or more bullsheeit to discredit him further.

I have some sympathy for him in general, but none on this particular comment.

Sherwood started it himself by the way he talked about Sandro in the press when not even including him in the squad. And probably before that internally considering that Sandro felt the need to tweet that he wasn't injured.

Perhaps Sherwood thought that it didn't matter as he was gone anyway? I don't know, but the way he dealt with it was always going to cause friction with Sandro I think. And that's what's come back to bite him. It might not be super professional by Sandro, but it's the kinda stuff you get as a manager when you start alienating players.

Back