• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I think it's more realistic to for example have a goal of "challenging for 4th" for example in terms of final results.

Well, up until few weeks ago, it wasn't a goal, we were actually doing it. And as I say, with an allegedly clueless inexperienced rookie manager in his first gig who was inserted mid season and inherited all the players and coaches.

So presumably, the gulf between him and an experienced successful manager brought in on a big long term deal who can bring in his own players and coaching staff should be massive, right? And the more we trash Sherwood (and Sir Les) and the worse we make him out to be, then the bigger that gulf is and the more improvement we should expect. And surely that has to correlate into position and results.

Last edited:

He's probably just trying to shift whatever blame he can over on the club and Levy knowing that it's been pretty obvious to onlookers that he's lost at least part of the dressing room. For potential new clubs to seriously consider him he has to try to make it look like it's not his fault.

Possibly his only chance to comment directly too as Levy will most likely get him to sign non-disclosure agreements come the time when he's shipped out.

Maybe, but it also comes across as a little unprofessional in my opinion. New employers won't like the idea of a their new manager running his mouth off the way Tim has in the last few months. I think his loose tongue will tarnish his reputation far more than any gain from deflecting the blame. That ship has sailed IMO and his inexperience is showing.

Last edited:

Well, up until few weeks ago, it wasn't a goal, we were actually doing it. And as I say, with an allegedly clueless inexperienced rookie manager in his first gig who was inserted mid season and inherited all the players.

So presumably, the gulf between him and an experienced successful manager brought in on a big long term deal who can bring in his own players should be massive, right? And the more we trash Sherwood and the worse we make him out to be, then the bigger that gulf is and the more improvement we should expect. And surely that has to correlate into position and results.

I really don't think you understood my point at all, or seemingly the point of the post I was agreeing to.

By the way I've said repeatedly that I think Sherwood has done quite well in terms of results under the circumstances. Your conclusions in your second paragraph are not the same as mine.

Maybe, but it also comes across as a little unprofessional in my opinion. New employers won't like the idea of a their new manager running his mouth off the way Tim has in the last few months. I think this loose tounge will tarnish his reputation far more than any gain from deflecting the blame. That ship has sailed IMO and his inexperience is showing.

Quite possibly.

He's probably just trying to shift whatever blame he can over on the club and Levy knowing that it's been pretty obvious to onlookers that he's lost at least part of the dressing room. For potential new clubs to seriously consider him he has to try to make it look like it's not his fault.

Possibly his only chance to comment directly too as Levy will most likely get him to sign non-disclosure agreements come the time when he's shipped out.

Except you'd have thought the way he's going about it would produce exactly the opposite effect with any prospective employer.

I'm loathe to criticise Sherwood because of a respect for his honesty and openness, but there is such a thing as shooting yourself in the foot, something he seems to do it all to frequently.

I still have a degree of sympathy for him to be honest. He obviously needs to go, but the whole thing is so typical Spurs.
Yes, he should keep it shut but the players especially, should have been briefed (from the top) to not make any comment, either through direct questions or social media.
It's actually worse than Jol's situation imo.
That said, if it was him that made the leak to Sky ~ 1 month ago, then you could say the publicity started from him, but I don't know how accurate that is, or more bullsheeit to discredit him further.

We should have appointed Hoddle as a proper interim/caretaker. Did what Chelsea did with Benitez. That would have been the professional way to go about it.

Maybe, but it also comes across as a little unprofessional in my opinion. New employers won't like the idea of a their new manager running his mouth off the way Tim has in the last few months. I think his loose tongue will tarnish his reputation far more than any gain from deflecting the blame. That ship has sailed IMO and his inexperience is showing.

I agree. His handling of the media has been his major weakness for me. Football clubs are multi-million pound businesses these days and I cannot think of another area of business where a multi-million pound company would allow an employee to represent them like that in public.

We should have appointed Hoddle as a proper interim/caretaker. Did what Chelsea did with Benitez. That would have been the professional way to go about it.

Levy knows both men better than us. I think that we have to respect his decision and the reasons he made it. Besides, it is not as if Hoddle has a management career free from media balls ups.

It's actually worse than Jol's situation imo.

No, there is no comparison. Jol was loved by the fans and had a great relationship with them.

Except you'd have thought the way he's going about it would produce exactly the opposite effect with any prospective employer.

I'm loathe to criticise Sherwood because of a respect for his honesty and openness, but there is such a thing as shooting yourself in the foot, something he seems to do it all to frequently.

Yeah. I'm not saying he's getting the results he wants, just that there's probably a reasoning behind it and that it seems fairly logical.

Again I think his inexperience is shining through, even with the media more or less on his side at the start he's struggling to keep up appearances.

Levy knows both men better than us. I think that we have to respect his decision and the reasons he made it. Besides, it is not as if Hoddle has a management career free from media balls ups.

Agreed.

I remember quite a bit of talk that Sherwood was highly thought of by the club for a while before he got the job. Could be seen as a quick and cheap way for Levy to "give him a run at it" so to speak. If it turns out he's as good as he seems to think himself then cool, we've got a great manager just like that. If he's not good enough you get rid after half a season, fairly little is lost and it's not cost a lot of money. Sink or swim time...

Simon Felstein, Tottenham's head of communications, said: "The situation hasn't changed. We always said Tim will sit down with the chairman and talk about his future in the summer."

Sherwood's impatience is showing.

Frankly, and as much as it doesn't help us much, I am happy we did not give in when 'leakgate' happened and Sherwood ramped up his bull****. IMO this is absolutely punishment for that whole situation, and his repeatedly silly outbursts. Neutrally-speaking, it is a bit cruel. But he has absolutely, 100% asked for it…yeah…that Norwich job really is slipping isn't it Tim...

Well, up until few weeks ago, it wasn't a goal, we were actually doing it. And as I say, with an allegedly clueless inexperienced rookie manager in his first gig who was inserted mid season and inherited all the players and coaches.

So presumably, the gulf between him and an experienced successful manager brought in on a big long term deal who can bring in his own players and coaching staff should be massive, right? And the more we trash Sherwood (and Sir Les) and the worse we make him out to be, then the bigger that gulf is and the more improvement we should expect. And surely that has to correlate into position and results.

I'd suggest rather than projecting this and that, just let your eyes and ears tell you what you've seen and heard since Tim Sherwood became our manager.

Can the mods change the thread title to Tim Sherwood - head supply teacher please, you might raise everyone's spirits after what's happened this year

Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Supply Teacher

Can a mod change the AVB thread to 'we might have lost the game but we won the possesion count' please.

Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Supply Teacher

"I am doing this job with a lot of uncertainty around my future," Sherwood said. "If you have a supply teacher who comes into your school, sometimes they are not treated with the respect that a headmaster is."

Tim Sherwood

In respect of a complaint, I agree, the thread title should be adjusted. Thanks for pointing it out, 'twas a tad unfair as he didn't exactly say that. So now, in his own words...:lol:

Back