• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Sherwood states that he rates Lloris as world class and is worth 100m = Sherwood wants Foster.

Sherwood doesn't rate dm's = Sherwood wants to sign Parker and Barry.

The logic :lol:

Last edited:

Why would Lloris want Foster?

If Lloris were to go then Sherwood would want Foster as his replacement.

Since Sherwood's appointment, only Emirates Marketing Project (46) and Liverpool (57) have scored more Premier League goals than Spurs (37).

Another top post Stato. Some people simply ignore your key facts merely to persue their own agendas.

I love your post, but I think you are really wrong here.

Yes, Eriksen is playing in the middle a lot, but:

1. He is starting from the left, and that is still his main action area (see heat maps below)
2. He is consistently switching around not only with whoever is in the middle, but also with Lennon on the right and Ade/Kane from up front, meaning it's true he's not pure left and nothing else, but what that highlights is precisely the point that we are really fluid in attack at the moment.

You are spot on to say this fluidity didn't happen under AVB, but I think evidence shows that is one of the key tactical changes Sherwood has brought in. That fluidity of the front 4/5.

No. That diagram should have Chadli, Lennon, Kane or Ade on the left if that's where Eriksen is at any given point in the game. Look at the Heat Maps below for the Stoke game and you'll see this: Eriksen, Chadli, Lennon, Kane and Ade ALL spent time both on the left and in the middle (Eriksen's main patch is left, not centre, in these heat maps, and his periods in the middle are clearly being covered on the left by other players.) Eriksen also spent time on the right, as did Kane, Ade, Pauli, etc. as Lennon switched to middle/left.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/matchzone/index.html#s2013-c8-m695257

In our defeat at Liverpool - often cited as the pinnacle of our "wide open" shambles - they had 5 shots on target and scored 4. They had 5 shots inside the box to our 7. None of their goals came from a lack of a DM being there (not even the Cutinho goal because we had a bank of 4 right in front of him when he shot, so bodies weren't the issue). They had 11 shots in total, we had 15, with 6 of their 11 outside the box. None of those stats show that a DM was the problem that day, nor this alleged wide openness we have.

Stats: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/matchzone/index.html#s2013-c8-m695214

So yeah, I think this obsession with us being wide open is really overblown. I 100% agree that that obsession is even sillier against weaker teams.

Great analysis. Chancer for manager.

Another top post Stato. Some people simply ignore your key facts merely to persue their own agendas.

Tell me those not in the top three, did they play more teams in the top half of the table or bottom half of the table?

Did they play the top teams home or away or the weaker teams home or away?

Tell me those not in the top three, did they play more teams in the top half of the table or bottom half of the table?

Did they play the top teams home or away or the weaker teams home or away?

lol... logged out logged back in. Still posts without me on the site.
You're always here in spirit Hudd.

midget-dancing-gif.gif

Stats as always need context, which THFC seems to neglect to include in many of his posts, by themselves they do little more than to show what has happened.

any chance of knocking up the comparative 20 game stats for our previous managers Statto and then compared to their overall time in charge?

The stats are relevant for me and they show him in a good light, I'm not going to dismiss them. Our performances on the field though are terrible and for me are a bigger indicator of things to come. As are the dimwitted comments about our squad in the press.

He was a junior coach under Redknapp and had no involvement in the first team under AVB. If he is getting the blame for the barren periods presumably he gets the credit for Ade's good season and a half ;)

He can take some credit for Ade I suppose…but again, I ask, what happened to Crouch and Defoe in 'that' season? Among other questions….

He can take some credit for Ade I suppose…but again, I ask, what happened to Crouch and Defoe in 'that' season? Among other questions….

I think that it is fairer to direct questions about that towards Jordan and Bond who were the senior coaches.

Back