• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This boards view on *alleged* racist behaviour

Amazon Prime still discussing Sunday’s events as if there is evidence our fans were involved in racist comments. We need to be issuing another statement on this now if no evidence has been found.

The club can’t win in this one.
It’s nigh on impossible to prove that nobody uttered the sounds in question.
The best they can say is that no evidence has been found. Which is not the same as “it didn’t happen”.
Some mud will stick.

The best they can say is that no evidence has been found. Which is not the same as “it didn’t happen”.
Some mud will stick.
IF we haven’t found anything then we should make a massive thing out of it, provide all the video footage, documentation, etc. to the media, say it was all passed on to the Police and they’ve also not seen any evidence to prosecute anyone either (I assume this will be the case). Make an enormous song and dance about the hours of footage we’ve gone over in conjunction with the Police and the Premier League. Make clear this isn’t a whitewash from our side but an independent enquiry also.

I’d sticky it to the website front page for the next 6 months as well with the headline of ”no evidence of racism” or something like that!

Some mud will stick.

As said below, we need to make a MASSIVE issue of us having combed through all of the evidence with the help of the appropriate authorities.

IF we haven’t found anything then we should make a massive thing out of it, provide all the video footage, documentation, etc. to the media, say it was all passed on to the Police and they’ve also not seen any evidence to prosecute anyone either (I assume this will be the case). Make an enormous song and dance about the hours of footage we’ve gone over in conjunction with the Police and the Premier League. Make clear this isn’t a whitewash from our side but an independent enquiry also.

I’d sticky it to the website front page for the next 6 months as well with the headline of ”no evidence of racism” or something like that!

My guess would be the last thing the club will want is to make a huge song and dance out of it. They can’t win the PR battle in this one. Issue a statement re no evidence (and set out in detail all the steps we’ve taken in the investigation) then (hopefully) let it die a quiet death.
Yes, I’d much prefer your way, so that our name is cleared and the media have to retract their immediate condemnation. But that just keeps the topic alive.

Send the bill to Chelski too.

Oh, and push for a lifetime ban for Rudiger.

alternatively, we could just let it go. he's probably been racially abused other times and not had a song and dance made about it before. sometimes you can just let people have a win. it's not rudiger I care about here - it's every non-multimillionaire black person who might want to report racism in the future; how is that experience likely to be perceived by normal people?

alternatively, we could just let it go. he's probably been racially abused other times and not had a song and dance made about it before. sometimes you can just let people have a win. it's not rudiger I care about here - it's every non-multimillionaire black person who might want to report racism in the future; how is that experience likely to be perceived by normal people?
fudge that.

We've got a brand to protect and its value is being damaged by what appears to be a serial trumper. Imagine the damage this is doing to the value of our stadium naming rights.

the fact that nothing has been found is pretty damning. If you think of the Stewards, impartial members of the stadium, photographers and other players that could have maybe heard this and backed it up. Its silence. So in a 62k stadium only one person herd what he says he hear. That is just impossible. He misheard. Its as simple as that. he exacerbated the situation by physically re-enacting what he though he heard three times to get his point across. Then all the shambles with tannoy calls etc.

Nobody in their right mind can agree that he heard what he says he did. Not one of his team mates has backed it up. No Spurs players. We have fans going on record that were in that area of the stand that said nothing like that was sung. If this was a court case it would not even go to trial.

Our name has been muddied in the papers now due to him.

the fact that nothing has been found is pretty damning. If you think of the Stewards, impartial members of the stadium, photographers and other players that could have maybe heard this and backed it up. Its silence. So in a 62k stadium only one person herd what he says he hear. That is just impossible. He misheard. Its as simple as that. he exacerbated the situation by physically re-enacting what he though he heard three times to get his point across. Then all the shambles with tannoy calls etc.

Nobody in their right mind can agree that he heard what he says he did. Not one of his team mates has backed it up. No Spurs players. We have fans going on record that were in that area of the stand that said nothing like that was sung. If this was a court case it would not even go to trial.

Not his first time either.

fudge that.

We've got a brand to protect and its value is being damaged by what appears to be a serial trumper. Imagine the damage this is doing to the value of our stadium naming rights.

Thinking about it, I think we blew a major opportunity here. Should’be asked a Kick It Out rep, PFA rep and Chelski rep to be in reviewing with us. That would’ve been impregnable.

dude, someone literally beaned aubameyang with a banana last season. funny yes, but probably also pretty racist. english people arent muddied by isolated racist incidents (it's more that colonial past thing), and disproving one racist incident doesnt meant that the country has a clean sheet. sure, we can disprove rudiger here. he's probably lying because he's a chelsea taco. but what's the point? even if we werent racist here, we have been before. just let it die and someone else can take the blame next time.

dude, someone literally beaned aubameyang with a banana last season. funny yes, but probably also pretty racist. english people arent muddied by isolated racist incidents (it's more that colonial past thing), and disproving one racist incident doesnt meant that the country has a clean sheet. sure, we can disprove rudiger here. he's probably lying because he's a chelsea taco. but what's the point? even if we werent racist here, we have been before. just let it die and someone else can take the blame next time.
:D

I'd go into detail about precisely what's wrong with that post, but it's probably easier to say all of it.

I don’t agree with that at all, why should Spurs have their reputation dragged through the mud ?

If there was racist chanting then fine, we deserve everything we get, but seems pretty unlikely there was any at all. If there were monkey actions being made then footage would have come out by now. Which leaves the chants themselves, even the most biased critic has ruled out mass racist chanting, so we’re looking at Rudiger hearing 1, 2 or a few voices in the crowd above the thousands that were booing him? At best this is a misunderstanding, but certainly not one that deserves our name to continue to be smeared.

there are times when racist chanting is quite clear like in Bulgaria and Italy recently, the players are 100% right to let the authorities know in these cases, quite obviously. This is a serious issue and not one that deserves to be trivialized by crying wolf if you get booed.

There's a fella on SC who knows the bloke who threw the banana skin. He has utterly condemned him as an idiot who shouldn't be allowed into another football match and says the behaviour is unacceptable. But he said it wasn't in any way racist. The fella bent down and threw the first thing that came to hand. In this case it just happened to be a banana skin. He's Greek too so, while he could still be racist, he's certainly not the "Britain for British" type of racist.

I know that's not conclusive proof or anything and it's despicable behaviour either way.

Back