• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2016-17

Looks like Luke McGee will be facing Cheatski in the FAC 3rd round as Peterborough won their replay last night (assuming either his loan is extended post Jan, or we sell him to Posh).
He's been doing very well by all accounts (saved a penalty last night - after having conceded it himself) but this will be a different test altogether.
Oduwa apparently played well last night in a sub appearance.
Shaq Coulthirst is at Posh as well.
So a bit of a Spurs young (and ex) boys v the cheating millionaires.
Come on the Posh!

Looks like Luke McGee will be facing Cheatski in the FAC 3rd round as Peterborough won their replay last night (assuming either his loan is extended post Jan, or we sell him to Posh).
He's been doing very well by all accounts (saved a penalty last night - after having conceded it himself) but this will be a different test altogether.
Oduwa apparently played well last night in a sub appearance.
Shaq Coulthirst is at Posh as well.
So a bit of a Spurs young (and ex) boys v the cheating millionaires.
Come on the Posh!

McGee's loan was recently extended until the end of the season, he apparently had other offers but decided to stay with Peterborough - the right decision imo.

You jest, if he is in light training there is no way a 17 year old will play against Villa on Saturday.

Well that was from three weeks ago, so almost a month before the game. I've not seen him in any training pics since so it seems he's still recovering. If he had been fit then I would have fully expected him to be in the squad.

I'm assuming he hasn't featured for any of the junior sides. Surely he wouldn't get a senior game if he hadn't even got up to match sharpness with the junior sides.

I'm assuming he hasn't featured for any of the junior sides. Surely he wouldn't get a senior game if he hadn't even got up to match sharpness with the junior sides.

They don't play from mid December till next week as they have a tournament in Florida which they won.

I don't like the idea of losing any of our backroom staff. Doesn't bode well.

I wonder whether our salaries for backroom staff are below what they should be? For people in those roles to relocate across the country, its a real hassle from a personal perspective rather than a footballer who easily up sticks and pockets an extra £50k per week. In this case, its a massive promotion and presumably pay rise so probably understandable but we do seem to lose a lot of staff

I wonder whether our salaries for backroom staff are below what they should be? For people in those roles to relocate across the country, its a real hassle from a personal perspective rather than a footballer who easily up sticks and pockets an extra £50k per week. In this case, its a massive promotion and presumably pay rise so probably understandable but we do seem to lose a lot of staff

In this instance he's moving on to work with a first team. You can understand why that would be attractive, regardless of salary.

I don't like the idea of losing any of our backroom staff. Doesn't bode well.
Isn't this pretty standard?

One of the downsides of being a very well run club is probably that others will poach some of our staff by offering them promotions and more money. One of the benefits must surely be that we can attract replacements from smaller clubs quite easily as we're surely a good place to come.

Look at how Ferguson went through assistant managers...

Really? We will be able to get someone else. If we are seen as a club where people's careers develop, then it may well help us bring in good staff.
So not no staff then?

I'm wasn't serious anyway. I'm sure we'll bring someone good in, as you say.

any coach who has the desire to become a professional manager at first team level will look to take that kind of opportunity id imagine, unless they are happy enough to remain academy coaches for the bulk of their career. not really anything to worry about here, good luck to the guy

any coach who has the desire to become a professional manager at first team level will look to take that kind of opportunity id imagine, unless they are happy enough to remain academy coaches for the bulk of their career. not really anything to worry about here, good luck to the guy

This.

Back