• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2016-17

Butland and Pickford are both good stoppers and both near enough the same age. Butland is awful with the ball at his feet and kicks long when he should keep a calm head and look for the pass, something which he could learn I'm sure. I'm not sure about Pickford in that regard, but I'd still be happy with either of them.

Butland and Pickford are both good stoppers and both near enough the same age. Butland is awful with the ball at his feet and kicks long when he should keep a calm head and look for the pass, something which he could learn I'm sure. I'm not sure about Pickford in that regard, but I'd still be happy with either of them.

They can both put together some decent highlights, but neither of them are anywhere near top 4 quality. English keepers in general are pretty bad apart from kicking it really long and the odd reflex save.

Alfie Whiteman is the one to look out for in terms of our keepers coming through. Similar size to Lloris and a lot of the same qualities - quick off his line, agile, solid handling and comfortable receiving the ball but like Hugo his actual kicking isn't the best. We have a bit of a logjam in terms of the number of keepers we have in the academy so they're all having to share game time, for two age groups we have Whiteman, De Bie, Freeman, Austin, McDermott, Voss, Glover and now Lopez who has played the past few games for the U23s. I've yet to see De Bie or Lopez but I'd definitely say Whiteman is the pick of the bunch, although it's still early days(especially for keepers).

I like the look of the lad, but I want to see if he can be a leader at the back like Lloris is for us.

There are some really good young keepers coming through

I think because they play longer that we will see keepers coming though in phases as the older ones go

I like the look of Heatin at Burnley personally as his first instinct is to come out and play sweeper keeper

Of the games I've seen, Voss is probably the most likely to go from that list.

Yeah, he's only played once this season so I'd be surprised if he was still with us next year. McDermott's not been involved much either but was a regular last season.

There are some really good young keepers coming through

I think because they play longer that we will see keepers coming though in phases as the older ones go

I like the look of Heatin at Burnley personally as his first instinct is to come out and play sweeper keeper

Not sure if you know but Heaton's actually older than Hugo :D

Yeah, he's only played once this season so I'd be surprised if he was still with us next year. McDermott's not been involved much either but was a regular last season.

Not sure if you know but Heaton's actually older than Hugo :D
That doesn't bother me (although clearly this thread is the wrong place for it as it's about youth)

Hugo is still young for a top keeper in reality

This weekend we've seen gaff of the season from Fraser Forster, then a hapless display from Boruc and Darius at Pool. We are blessed.

I felt sorry for foster, to start with I thought it bobbled like what happened for robinson aganist N.Ireland

Looks like the papers read this thread because we are now linked with Pickford if Lloris leaves.

Andros Townsend had the wrong attitude, Emmanuel Adebayor had the wrong attitude, by his own admission Etienne Capoue had the wrong attitude, Giovanni dos Santos had the wrong attitude. It is common for talented players not to have the extra added ingredient that takes them to the next level, some players want it on a plate, they want to be the big fish in a small pond.

Mauricio Pochettino looked at Clinton N'jie for a season and he didn't impress. Now on loan at French side Marseille for a season, he isn't impressing their coach either. He isn't impressing Rudi Garcia with his attitude in training and if you don't produce on the training field you don't get selected.

Nationwide sports daily newspaper L'Equipe, suggest Marseille coach Garcia does not feel the forward is showing the right attitude. Garcia didn't purchase or agree to the loan move for N'Jie, he wasn't even at the club. He was appointed after the club were taken over by American businessman Frank McCourt in October, the transfer window shut at the end of August.

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/njies-attitude-may-mean-he-returns-to.html

Last edited:
We all see or work with people with the wrong attitude and they can be a pain in the arse and upset what you are trying to achieve. Had a bloke I played football with was at Charlton as an apprentice and he left after his 1st year, he didn't like being told what to do, just wanted to play his way and was happy to play park football where he was outstanding.

Andros Townsend had the wrong attitude, Emmanuel Adebayor had the wrong attitude, by his own admission Etienne Capoue had the wrong attitude, Giovanni dos Santos had the wrong attitude. It is common for talented players not to have the extra added ingredient that takes them to the next level, some players want it on a plate, they want to be the big fish in a small pond.

Mauricio Pochettino looked at Clinton N'jie for a season and he didn't impress. Now on loan at French side Marseille for a season, he isn't impressing their coach either. He isn't impressing Rudi Garcia with his attitude in training and if you don't produce on the training field you don't get selected.

Nationwide sports daily newspaper L'Equipe, suggest Marseille coach Garcia does not feel the forward is showing the right attitude. Garcia didn't purchase or agree to the loan move for N'Jie, he wasn't even at the club. He was appointed after the club were taken over by American businessman Frank McCourt in October, the transfer window shut at the end of August.

I think that's very unfair on Townsend, he was nothing like the other three you've mentioned.

Back