• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2016-17

How's Nathan Oduwa getting on? Sanchez's goal on the weekend reminded me of when he did this in Ledley's testimonial:

Seem to remember he was highly rated as a trickster that was good at taking people on but needed more end product. Has been performing for Peterborough?

I can't say I've been keeping track of him. He's currently on loan at Peterborough, hasn't played much by the looks of things.

How's Nathan Oduwa getting on? Sanchez's goal on the weekend reminded me of when he did this in Ledley's testimonial:

Seem to remember he was highly rated as a trickster that was good at taking people on but needed more end product. Has been performing for Peterborough?
Wow. Wonder what Rangers fans would have made of that?

That is like Sanchez's goal on the weekend vs Wet Spam for the Goons, hailed as one of the greatest feats of football skill ever attempted on planet earth and never before seen by human eyes

That is like Sanchez's goal on the weekend vs Wet Spam for the Goons, hailed as one of the greatest feats of football skill ever attempted on planet earth and never before seen by human eyes
It's been officially submitted as the 8th wonder of the world and the Pope has put Sanchez up for a Sainthood for it.

Finished 0-0, very competitive game though. We had two disallowed for debatable offsides and De Bie saved an early penalty.

I can understand that you would like to see him, but expect is a bit strong. It would only be fair to him to play him when he's fully fit and in good form. I also don't want to see us f****** about in the FA Cup, I expect us to take it seriously and aim to win it!

I completely agree that unless he's totally up to speed then he shouldn't be involved, but if he is then I do expect to see him in the squad and I think we'd have seen him sooner had he not gotten injured. I wouldn't consider it to be fudging about by playing him, but then I do rate him incredibly highly.

Edwards certainly looked on the way to a sub appearance at least before his injury. Both from Pochettino's comments and him being in and around the squad for "lesser games". I don't think it's far off to expect him to be in the squad for the Villa game. He's also the only one of our emerging young academy players that's a natural in one of those wide attacking roles in our system.

Edwards certainly looked on the way to a sub appearance at least before his injury. Both from Pochettino's comments and him being in and around the squad for "lesser games". I don't think it's far off to expect him to be in the squad for the Villa game. He's also the only one of our emerging young academy players that's a natural in one of those wide attacking roles in our system.

I have high hopes for this lad, he will probably start as a wide player but to me he is a similar player to Zola.

I hope so, I know we have Europa league but I would also let Onomah go on loan as well.

Maybe Poch has seen the young players have not developed as quickly and seen how well the loan system helped Kane.

I don't think it's that, it's more that despite Poch's best intentions there's only so many you can realistically phase into the 1st team at once. It's just not possible to keep every young player at the club that we think might have a 1st team future, unless the academy isn't churning them out - which ours is. I agree about Onomah though, not only is it best for him to go and learn the game but it will benefit others too like Nkoudou who'll have one fewer player to share minutes with. Despite the apparent change of heart regarding loans I wouldn't expect Josh to be one of those allowed to go but I guess we'll soon find out.

Back