• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Squad

I said this in another thread and said it all along.

Not only is it overrated, it is imbalanced and lacks some real class. You need a core of 16 very good players, I dont think we have that.

I really want us to get in five or six players and let go a few of ours. If Modric wants to leave then fudge him. If Bale wants to leave then fudge him.

There is still a chance of us getting fourth so the type of players we bring in will be determined by our position at the end of the season

Modric and Bale worked their arses off today. Why are they always slagged off?
King cost us two goals today (and could have cost us more).
Saha and Adebayor did fudge all.

Modric and Bale worked their arses off today. Why are they always slagged off?
King cost us two goals today (and could have cost us more).
Saha and Adebayor did fudge all.

I aint slagging them off its just that those two will be the main focul point of media speculation. No doubt about it.

I'm fed up with reading Harry this, Harry that, he plays the wrong formation, he plays player x, he doesn't play player y and so on and so forth.

Now the real question. Come the season end how many of our squad will be on the radar of the so called BIG teams across Europe.

Modric? maybe but with all his silky skills he still shoots like a 9 month old baby.

Bale? quite possibly but until he gets a right foot he'll always be easy to push away from his best foot.

Anyone else? No, I don't think I can think of anyone. I can't see the likes of Barca, RM or Man Utd queueing up to get Defoe or Lennon or Walker or BAE to sign a contract for them and offering us 50m.

Perhaps it isn't harry that should shoulder all the blame, perhaps the players should man up, get out of 3rd gear and start putting 100% into the game rather than expecting the opposition to roll over for them.

How many players from Arsenal will the BIG clubs in Europe be after? Van Persie and...? How many players from Chelsea will the BIG clubs in Europe be after?

I think we'll have to sell Modric to City. Ever since the saga last summer, we were only going to get 1 more season out of him. We are not competing with City and they will hopefully allow us some of their cast offs like Johnson in the deal. We need big funds this summer with or without the CL. Bale, we need to keep him despite his poor attitude as left wingers of his quality are tough to find.

Some people need to stop over-reacting, people were saying the same thing about both Carrick and Berbatov. There will always be other great players to pick up and we will evolve and move on, Modric or no.

People were saying that selling Carroll could possibly consign Saudi Sportswashing Machine to the relegation scrap last January. Look where they are 15 months later.

Some people need to stop over-reacting, people were saying the same thing about both Carrick and Berbatov. There will always be other great players to pick up and we will evolve and move on, Modric or no.

People were saying that selling Carroll could possibly consign Saudi Sportswashing Machine to the relegation scrap last January. Look where they are 15 months later.

How lone did it take us to replace Carrick and we have still not replaced Berby.

Am I wrong when I remember that after selling Berbatov spun completely out of control? And that after selling Carrick we struggled for years with Zokora in central mid and if we had kept Carrick for another season we would most likely have secured a CL spot?

Am I wrong when I remember that after selling Berbatov spun completely out of control? And that after selling Carrick we struggled for years with Zokora in central mid and if we had kept Carrick for another season we would most likely have secured a CL spot?

No you are not wrong.

We spun completely out of control? We finished in the CL places just two seasons after selling him!! Some people are talking as if when we sell Modric, we may as well pack up the club and retire it. Tottenham Hotspur, 1882-2012. Cause of death-Modric departure.

A club of our size will always have to be selling players off. We got very good prices for Carrick, Berbatov and Keane. The trick is to actually spend that money wisely. And to not be an idiot in negotiations.

Seville, Porto, Sporting all do great, even though they regularly have to sell off their players. They do great because they sell them quickly and purchase good replacements.

What we did wrong was selling both Keane and Berbatov in the same window, replacing them with Pav and Campbell and not selling Berbatov till the final day. And our mistake with Carrick was to replace him with...well Zokora.

As lone as we keep selling ourbest players we will never be a big club, and we have not replaced Berby even now.

Back