• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Spanish Football Thread

Very unlike him - he just kept trying to hack at the Las Palmas guy's shins for twenty-odd seconds until the ref gave a foul. No attempt to play the ball in that entire time, just kicks to his shins trying to bring him down. Then loses his head when the LP guy understandably shoves him in anger once the foul's been given.

Wonder what got him so worked up.
Guilt, is my guess. Doubtless Zidane fired them up at HT so Bale knew he was expected to fight for the ball. Having lost possession (which is where the guilt comes in) he needed to show he wasn't going to let his opponent get away easily, but he was never close to winning the ball back so frustration got the better of him.

But as you say, so very unlike Bale. Can imagine though it's very difficult to stay grounded when you are surrounded by the kind of febrile atmosphere that must exist at the Bernabeu.

Guilt, is my guess. Doubtless Zidane fired them up at HT so Bale knew he was expected to fight for the ball. Having lost possession (which is where the guilt comes in) he needed to show he wasn't going to let his opponent get away easily, but he was never close to winning the ball back so frustration got the better of him.

But as you say, so very unlike Bale. Can imagine though it's very difficult to stay grounded when you are surrounded by the kind of febrile atmosphere that must exist at the Bernabeu.

Yeah, I figure that's a good guess - either that or that LP player fouled him in the first half or something and he was still stewing about it when he was tasked with winning back possession. Either way, good to be reminded that even the most quiet, uncontroversial of lads can pull an Alli at short notice. :p

And, as an aside, maybe one day he'll come back. Maybe one day.

Yeah, I figure that's a good guess - either that or that LP player fouled him in the first half or something and he was still stewing about it when he was tasked with winning back possession. Either way, good to be reminded that even the most quiet, uncontroversial of lads can pull an Alli at short notice. :p

And, as an aside, maybe one day he'll come back. Maybe one day.

We can but dream. :cool:

Very unlike him - he just kept trying to hack at the Las Palmas guy's shins for twenty-odd seconds until the ref gave a foul. No attempt to play the ball in that entire time, just kicks to his shins trying to bring him down. Then loses his head when the LP guy understandably shoves him in anger once the foul's been given.

Wonder what got him so worked up.
Over excited by it being St David's Day perhaps?!

Bale. Wonder what got him so worked up.
Presumably the fella criticised Bale's hair grip

6-Pcs-lot-Candy-Color-font-b-Butterfly-b-font-Girls-font-b-Hair-b-font.jpg

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...n-the-premier-league-title-in-the-near-future

"He told Sky Sports: "I think Tottenham are developing in the right direction, they are doing well each year and getting better each year.

"Now they are real contenders for the title, maybe not this year, but if they keep going in the right direction, with a new training ground and new stadium, the great support, they have all the qualities around. Hopefully in the future they can win the Premier League.

Asked if Spurs are now better-placed to keep their top players, Modric said: "Of course that is the key for each team, to keep your best players. Now Tottenham have changed their politics a little bit and they want to keep their best players.

"That's one way to help you get to the top and win the Premier League.""

Well, you know, you could help that process along. Come back and guarantee it. Give some lessons to young Winks along the way, too. :D

He no liked the chicken badge once. But hey, if he keeps his form and fitness up between now and the opening of our new stadium, who's to say we won't be well served by getting him in at that point as a marquee signing - an elder statesman to give us that final push in terms of a real title-winning mentality? Players like him don't really age as badly as more blood-and-guts-type performers (see Carrick, Scholes and Pirlo for examples of this), so he could probably still do a job for us come the summer of 2018. ;)

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...n-the-premier-league-title-in-the-near-future

"He told Sky Sports: "I think Tottenham are developing in the right direction, they are doing well each year and getting better each year.

"Now they are real contenders for the title, maybe not this year, but if they keep going in the right direction, with a new training ground and new stadium, the great support, they have all the qualities around. Hopefully in the future they can win the Premier League.

Asked if Spurs are now better-placed to keep their top players, Modric said: "Of course that is the key for each team, to keep your best players. Now Tottenham have changed their politics a little bit and they want to keep their best players.

"That's one way to help you get to the top and win the Premier League.""

Well, you know, you could help that process along. Come back and guarantee it. Give some lessons to young Winks along the way, too. :D

He no liked the chicken badge once. But hey, if he keeps his form and fitness up between now and the opening of our new stadium, who's to say we won't be well served by getting him in at that point as a marquee signing - an elder statesman to give us that final push in terms of a real title-winning mentality? Players like him don't really age as badly as more blood-and-guts-type performers (see Carrick, Scholes and Pirlo for examples of this), so he could probably still do a job for us come the summer of 2018. ;)

I'd take Luka back in a fraction of a heart beat, even if he was 35 or older, absolute quality! Probably my all-time favourite Spurs player, I still have a shirt with his name on it and I don't get those often..

I'd take Luka back in a fraction of a heart beat, even if he was 35 or older, absolute quality! Probably my all-time favourite Spurs player, I still have a shirt with his name on it and I don't get those often..

I would love to see him back here as well, he was/is world class and reminded me so much of Ossie during his time here

Neymar has just been sent off against Malaga. Barcelona look poor tonight. Malaga look more likely to score again. Suarez stepped over the ball, when it was easier to score, seemingly letting it run through for another player but there was no one there. Strange and subdued performance by a Barcelona team who have failed to score against Malaga this season.

Dropped points likely then for Barcelona, who appear to be failing to capitalise on Real Madrid's dropped points earlier in the day. Real Madrid dropped two points against Atletico Madrid, as a late Griezmann (85 minutes) goal secured a 1-1 draw in the Madrid showdown.

Back