• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Spanish Football Thread

“I won’t be at Barcelona next season,” said Enrique in his post-match press conference. “I need to rest.”

Bale sent off and - probably rightly so. Booked for a tackle from behind plus a follow-up nibble then over-reacted to a sly shove from a Las Palmas player by pushing him angrily to the ground.
He went down dramatically but I guess by the letter of the law it was right.

Goal 3 was Prince-Boateng!! I wondered where he'd gone to. This is a great game.

That kid Halilovic is pretty good. A bit small but great feet. Ref finally rememberd who his pay masters are.

The lad we looked at several years ago?

Thought he was at Hamburg, and couldn't work out why he didn't play for them when I went to seee them as they had some shockers in midfield

The lad we looked at several years ago?

Thought he was at Hamburg, and couldn't work out why he didn't play for them when I went to seee them as they had some shockers in midfield
Yep I think that was him playing for Las Palmas tonight (edit: yes on loan from Germany I see)
I can definitely see the Modric comparisons. Great close control and very quick changes of direction. A long pass when he needed it but always looking for the through ball. Good raw material I would think but needs to up his work rate a little. When Las Palmas were under the cosh he was picking his nose at the sidelines.

Last edited:
I was good but the ref really got RM back into it. It was never a pen and the corner leading up to the 3rd goal was a gk too. Good game though.
Yes a dubious pen but it was signalled by the asst ref behind the goal. The ball struck the defender's arm as he turned away so probably ball-to-hand rather than the other way around.

But as the saying goes, I seen 'em given.

Bale sent off and - probably rightly so. Booked for a tackle from behind plus a follow-up nibble then over-reacted to a sly shove from a Las Palmas player by pushing him angrily to the ground.

Very unlike him - he just kept trying to hack at the Las Palmas guy's shins for twenty-odd seconds until the ref gave a foul. No attempt to play the ball in that entire time, just kicks to his shins trying to bring him down. Then loses his head when the LP guy understandably shoves him in anger once the foul's been given.

Wonder what got him so worked up.

Back