• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Spanish Football Thread

Not sure where to post this. It's a bit long but it's worth a read if you have the time.
Pep Guardiola: my debt to Andrés Iniesta and how he opened my eyes on tactics

Pep has a style/philosophy, but I'm not sure how much his "tactics" are the difference, he's had 3 of the best club teams (in terms of personnel) by a long way, 2 in leagues where at best you had 2 clubs capable of competing, the rest being cannon fodder 9 times out of 10.

Out of that article, this actually was weird -> I’ve been a coach for a few years now and I have come to the conclusion that a truly good player is always a good player,” Guardiola says. “It’s very hard to teach a bad player to be a good one. I'm hoping something is lost in translation there, otherwise its Redknapp's philosophy, you want a better result, go buy better players ...

It has been revealed in Robert Beasley's upcoming book 'Jose Mourinho: Up Close and Personal' that the Portuguese coach was livid by his team's apathetic response to Michael Essien's birthday.

The former Chelsea midfielder organised a party in December 2012 during his time in the Spanish capital and was left reeling when only a handful of teammates turned up.

Beasley states in his book that Mourinho felt it indicated a wider problem with team spirit at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu.

"Mourinho said that Madrid was a political club with warring factions and told me a story about Essien inviting teammates to his 30th birthday but only a few turned up," Beasley explained.

"He had to console Essien, saying it was nothing personal and that it didn't mean the players didn't like him but they simply were only concerned with themselves and had better things to do."

Later it emerged that only Luka Modric and Ricardo Carvalho attended the party with the centre-half having known the midfielder from their time together at Stamford Bridge.

Screen_Shot_2016_09_25_at_20_15_15.png

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2016/09/24/57e66ad7e2704ed46d8b459d.html

British TV viewers will not be able to watch the first La Liga Clasico of the season.

The meeting between Barcelona and Real Madrid at the Nou Camp will be screened in over 100 countries but, despite the huge appetite for the game on these shores, the UK audience will have to make do with highlights due to the game's kick-off time.

La Liga have confirmed the match will get under way at 3.15pm on December 3, and a UK rule prevents live football from being televised between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on Saturdays

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-not-watch-Barcelona-Real-Madrid-live-TV.html

British TV viewers will not be able to watch the first La Liga Clasico of the season.

The meeting between Barcelona and Real Madrid at the Nou Camp will be screened in over 100 countries but, despite the huge appetite for the game on these shores, the UK audience will have to make do with highlights due to the game's kick-off time.

La Liga have confirmed the match will get under way at 3.15pm on December 3, and a UK rule prevents live football from being televised between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on Saturdays

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-not-watch-Barcelona-Real-Madrid-live-TV.html

Shots fired: A big fukk you to British viewers and British TV companies.

The La Liga TV team are saying:
"you may have your Premier League cash, but we've still got El Classico; let's see if your Chinese and Thai footy fans LOVE you so much when they have to choose between the best of our league and your basic stuff eh.."

"you may have your Premier League cash, but we've still got El Classico; let's see if your Chinese and Thai footy fans LOVE you so much when they have to choose between the best of our league and your basic stuff eh.."

Shame, but no big deal for me personally (15:00 3/12 Spurs vs Swansea) :)

surely it's more a big fudge you to that ridiculous archaic rule on saturday afternoon live football

Honestly... Spanish football over here is not a big draw in reality. It's like F1 in that it has a market but it's a small Nish market in comparison to The premier League

When I was in Germany a few weeks ago at the Hamburg Bayern game the fans I spoke too said they watch the prem but dont watch the spanish league as it's as predictable as their own

Honestly... Spanish football over here is not a big draw in reality. It's like F1 in that it has a market but it's a small Nish market in comparison to The premier League

When I was in Germany a few weeks ago at the Hamburg Bayern game the fans I spoke too said they watch the prem but dont watch the spanish league as it's as predictable as their own

Maybe but Barca v Real Madrid is the biggest club game in world football and more often than not, the most entertaining.

Maybe but Barca v Real Madrid is the biggest club game in world football and more often than not, the most entertaining.
You are correct on this match but their league is a gun with few bullets. This match is certaInly box office but the league itself is not.
I guess you could throw atletico into the mix for watchable matches, sort of. Their matches are more a war of attrition. Often engaging but rarely beautiful.
The PL for all its flaws is still a more exciting watch for the most part imo.

You are correct on this match but their league is a gun with few bullets. This match is certaInly box office but the league itself is not.
I guess you could throw atletico into the mix for watchable matches, sort of. Their matches are more a war of attrition. Often engaging but rarely beautiful.
The PL for all its flaws is still a more exciting watch for the most part imo.

The most exciting I will give you, but not the best.

Yeah I agree and it's tv figures are great but we get that in the premier league for plenty of games irrelevant if whose playing

I'd argue that actually there are some amazingly entertaining games in other leagues that don't get the hype

The best surly has to be a league with better and most competitive games and also without all the play acting in Spain.

EPL is my drug of choice, sadly La Liga is too weak a competition?

I can think of 6 games a season truly worth watching - until they reform that leagues TV revenue 'properly' they will always struggle to compete with the EPL.

Who would pay double to ad La liga to their TV subs?

Last edited:

Surely the best league is the most entertaining as ultimately its a an entertainment business to us fans!!

People argue about technical quality of different leagues but thats very subjective however entertainment is key and ultimately can be measured by the numbers of people watching surely

I watch German football an there are some crackers on there and thats a far more competitive league than the Spanish one too IMO

Surely the best league is the most entertaining as ultimately its a an entertainment business to us fans!!

People argue about technical quality of different leagues but thats very subjective however entertainment is key and ultimately can be measured by the numbers of people watching surely

I watch German football an there are some crackers on there and thats a far more competitive league than the Spanish one too IMO

I watch Bundesliga, Serie A before I bother to 'catch up' with La Liga. Never watch Real or Barca anymore unless they play Atletico.

Back