• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Spanish Football Thread

If he had done a good job (I know there is still time but they are now out of the CL, way off the top of the table and essentially out of the Spanish Cup now too) then there would have been a clamour for him to take over from Roy. I wonder what happens to that if he gets sacked soon.. would he just go back to Sky?

Hope so

Looks like he's done already. Silly appointment for a club of that size.

I always found him to be an excellent pundit but with a rather annoying air of arrogance. This may teach him a little more humility.

I agree with you, when are those who run football clubs going to relise that just because a player has been a very good/great player does not mean they will make good managers. History is full of very good/ great players who have failed as a manager.

And just because they can flimflam as a pundit does not mean that they can produce a winning side.

the results look bad but Valencia are in a mess, he's not doing any worse than his predecessor

Barca tanking a team on a fraction of their budget who are focusing on the league isn't really news to me

Barcelona defender Javier Mascherano has been sentenced to a year in prison after being found guilty of tax evasion, according to reports in Spain.

Spanish newspaper El Mundo report Mascherano was sentenced after appearing in court on Thursday, where the former Liverpool and West Ham man was also hit with a ‎€815,000 (£629,000) fine.

The Argentina international admitted defrauding the treasury of €1.5m euros in 2011 and 2012.

The 31-year-old is likely to avoid serving the sentence and will instead have to pay an additional fine.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/mascherano-sentenced-to-year-in-prison-for-tax-evasion

So because he's a baller he avoids jail and coughs up the reddies he should've paid in the first place? Justice for ya!!

Not sure if real/true but....

CaUt3lyWAAAqvfu.jpg

the results look bad but Valencia are in a mess, he's not doing any worse than his predecessor

Barca tanking a team on a fraction of their budget who are focusing on the league isn't really news to me

Pre-Neville this season: 1.46 PPG

Under Neville this season: 0.60 PPG

from just outside the top 4 to just above the relegation zone.

Anyone else get a bit tinkley when listening to the commentators during the Real Madrid and Barcelona ties?

I mean they sound so biassed towards the big boys and make out that their players are saints. Decisions made against them are labelled "harsh" whilst dubious ones for them always seem to be unquestionned, heck the other week in a Real Madrid game, I'm sure the commentator glossed over the obvious offside in the buildup to the goal like it didn't matter because it was going for Madrid.

That's Modders's one goal for the season then!

Glad he got it because he gave it away for their equaliser when the ref got in his way.

Pre-Neville this season: 1.46 PPG

from just outside the top 4 to just above the relegation zone.

That's really poor. Can't be much patience left with them plummeting towards a relegation fight with him in charge.

That should be the end of Neville's managerial career.

I don't think it will be or should be. He'll get more chances, but perhaps he'll have to start at a slightly lower level than he would have without a monumental failure at Valencia (assuming he continues to fail).

Back