• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

Nah

It's actually being an old school Tottenham fan

So many can't seem to see the changes in the side now as their used to the sexy way

I'm still sort of calculating that way, to be honest. It's not likely to go away until we finish in the top four/above Arsenal with utter ease at least a couple more times - until then, the mentality remains that every other team will win every remaining game while leaping about scoring dozens of overhead kicks and flying carelessly about like astronauts in zero-G, and we will correspondingly brutally, painfully lose every game. Probably to a series of last-minute goals from Sol, who comes out of retirement and transfers from team to team each game just to do that to us - shambling up to a last-minute corner to stick his lumpy head onto it every game. :p

Thus, every next game is vital to build a points gap to stave off the inevitable disaster that's just around the bend, and is definitely coming along any minute now. Because we're Tottenham Hotspur, and nothing unreservedly good can ever happen to us....

...can it?

To summarise, the number of points currently required for each finishing position are:
1st ~ 90
2nd ~ 81
3rd ~ 80
4th ~ 79
5th ~ 77
6th ~ 71​
For all positions other than 1st it's highly likely that one point fewer would be sufficient for Spurs to take the place on goal difference. The points required will be reduced if teams drop points over the remaining games.

To summarise, the number of points currently required for each finishing position are:
1st ~ 90
2nd ~ 81
3rd ~ 80
4th ~ 79
5th ~ 77
6th ~ 71​
For all positions other than 1st it's highly likely that one point fewer would be sufficient for Spurs to take the place on goal difference. The points required will be reduced if teams drop points over the remaining games.

I know what you are saying, but if we happen to finish level with Chelsea we will have the better GD. Its already already 7 better, to us to get level first Chelsea need to draw 2 while we win 2, taking us min.9 goals better. If we happen to match their results in the other 3 games they would somehow have to gain 9 goals in those 3 matches.

Tbh though I am not expecting Cheslea to falter enough now. For me its all about 2nd now. And the plain fact is, win our final 2 home games and that will do it for me, the 3 away ties would just be bonus points
I dont want us having to go to Hull on the last day to secure 2nd, and again, in all honesty. I dont expect us to now

As a man struggling to learn French up here, you have both my gratitude and my dismay - gratitude because I got a bit of practice, and dismay because the last place I want to be reminded about my morbid struggles with the past subjunctive conjugation of avoir is here on Glory-Glory. :p

Eh bien, je vais au pied de notre escalier !

Agreed. I once saw Alan Smith in the flesh. Within arm's reach.

It was at the Olympic Stadium in Barcelona, at the top of Mount Montjuic or whatever it is called. We were watching England vs Andorra. The wind was howling at the top of the mountain and the driving rain was lashing down, soaking everyone, freezing cold. This was not the Barcelona that had been sold to me by my eager mates.

Anyway... we spent the day drinking, to the point where I was absolutely smashed, just wandering around the stadium vaguely trying to find a toilet, staggering about this huge concrete mess... going up and down stairs and into strange TV galleries and areas I shouldn't be... there were bags of cement and shovels left lying around the place... after a LOOOONG time of staggering about I found myself walking back out towards the match and was next to the press area.

Alan Smith was sat on his own writing his match report. Every now and then he would look nervously at the swirling mass of drunk idiot England fans glaring at him, wondering if they could get away with killing and eating him without getting caught. He was not having fun.

I never did find a toilet, so had to urinate somewhere at random in the stadium and got told off by the police. Halcyon days. Why don't they put up signs?

Edit: the internets might not portray this is in jest ;)

Last edited:
fudge me, is it a race for the Europa League?? UTD drop another two points today, to screw up their chance of overtaking Liverpool.

City are losing to Boro of all teams. With the way the other team's are playing, I'm convinced that European football is now overrated.

Said this in the Arsenal thread but I think while Chelsea are likely to win the league this year, we've been better. We've also pushed them having to contend with Europe, having much less of a budget, a more inexperienced squad and we've just been more impressive. Hopefully the players know it. Hopefully we know it. Hopefully we can laugh at everyone saying we won't be able to compete next year because 'the big clubs will spend'.

Ironically, we probably would have a good chance of winning the league next year but Wembley may screw us. There always seems to be something...lasagna, Leceister lightening in a bottle, Chelsea this season having no Europe because of a disaster last year. Hopefully we get there eventually!

Those who cannot overtake us - as at 30th April (alphabetically) :-

Arsenal du Woolwich Onanistae
Bournemouth
Burnley
Crystal Palace
Everton
Hull
Leicester
Middlesbrough
Southampton
Stoke
Sunderland
Swansea
Watford
West Brom
West Ham
One point to drop Manure, three points Emirates Marketing Project & Liverwhinge

Its also confirmed now that we are in the Champions league now is it not? Man Yoo are 12 points behind with 12 available to them. We could love all 4 games 5-0 and still qualify.

So nice to beat the scum, finally finish above them and also secure CL football.

Now im looking forward to us ripping the Spammers a new one.

Its also confirmed now that we are in the Champions league now is it not? Man Yoo are 12 points behind with 12 available to them. We could love all 4 games 5-0 and still qualify.

So nice to beat the scum, finally finish above them and also secure CL football.

Now im looking forward to us ripping the Spammers a new one.
Oh yes. I am looking forward to that too.

I can't see us winning the league now, unfortunately. Looked very unlikely before today, even less so now. No way will chelsea drop more than 4 points to the teams they have left. Absolutely no way.

I can't see us winning the league now, unfortunately. Looked very unlikely before today, even less so now. No way will chelsea drop more than 4 points to the teams they have left. Absolutely no way.

Only straw I can cling to is that if Boro lose next week then they're down, and their defensive record is the best in the bottom half....throw in some pressure if we can narrow the gap to 1 point......long-shot but you never know

I was never ever confident we could win, because its been out of our hands for weeks, but we have made them work for it.

No doubt if we happen to lose one of the last 4 while it is still mathematically possible, the media will jump on it and say 'Same old Spurs'

Well if they do, they can f#ck right off, this is definitely not the Same old Spurs. 9 consecutive league wins. 77pts. This is a new Tottenham...and I love it

Top four is guaranteed, whilst we need 1 more point to guarantee 2nd. As weekend's go this was a pretty magical one, with all of the chasing pack dropping point's.

Just 2 more points required to guarantee Tottenham finish in the top 2, for the first time since 1963!!

Cann Table
after 34 games played

81pts Chelsea (+43GD)
77pts
Tottenham (+49GD)
66pts
Liverpool (+28GD), Emirates Marketing Project (+28GD)
65pts Manchester United (+26GD)
60pts
Arsenal* (+22GD)

*played 33 games

Remaining fixtures: Tottenham / ManU / Emirates Marketing Project / Liverpool / Chelsea / Arsenal

1st
: .............. / ................. / ................ / Watford (a) / ................ / ...............
4th: .................. / Celta Vigo (a) / ............... / ................ / .............. / .............
5-8th: West Ham (a) / Arsenal (a) / Palace (h) / So'ton (h) / M'boro (h) / ManU (h)
10-11th: .............. / Celta Vigo (h) / .............. / .............. / ............... / So'ton (a)
12-14th: ManU (h) / Spurs (a) / Leic' (h) / West Ham (a) / WBA (a) / Stoke (a)
15-18th: Leic' (a) / So'ton (a) / West Brom (h) / .......... / Watford (h) / S'land (h)
21st: Hull (a) / Palace (h) / Watford (a) / M'boro (h) / S'land (h) / Everton (h)
24/27th: ........... / EL Final? / ........... / ........... / .......... / Arsenal / Chelsea

Back