• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

Blake is rapid, I think he beat Bolt and beats him in training. Bolt has had a few injuries and such but I think it'll be mighty close and not the "easy" win that many think will happen.

Blake is rapid, I think he beat Bolt and beats him in training. Bolt has had a few injuries and such but I think it'll be mighty close and not the "easy" win that many think will happen.

I want Bolt to win so perhaps I'm being blinded by it, but beating him in Jamaica is different from beating him in the Olympic final.

The athletes are 100% feeding off the performances and being inspired by the guys winning medals, the crowds are helping hugely too..

Home advantage is helping for sure, but for some like Adlington, she couldnt handle it so its not only an advantage

I have been in that stadium. The hairs told up on the back of my neck in he qualifying rounds!!!

hoping adam gemili does well, only traded football for athletics back in January, played for chelsea and dagenham and redbridge

In the Omnium Ed Clancy will win Gold if he finished 1st in 1k TT (which he really should) and Hansen, Viviani or Coquard all finish 5th or lower.

2 in Kayaking
BMX

as well apparently

You mean Shazney Reade in BMX? She was world no 1 in Beijiing and then flopped hard and didn't even qualify for the final.

Bit sad listening to Cavandish talking about the Omnium. Cav would absolutely run away with the Omnium. I can't see Clancy doing well enough in this to get Gold.

Why would he run away with it? He's more a sprinter than endurance isn't he, wouldnt have done much in that scratch race and that elimination race would have gassed him out.

Cavendish did the Madison - a sort of mad doubles version of the points race - in Beijing with Wiggins. They didn't medal though.

Cavendish is a road sprinter, who sprints after riding 200km, so definitiely an endurance athlete.

You mean Shazney Reade in BMX? She was world no 1 in Beijiing and then flopped hard and didn't even qualify for the final.

Why would he run away with it? He's more a sprinter than endurance isn't he, wouldnt have done much in that scratch race and that elimination race would have gassed him out.

Then she'll be absolutely pumped to pull it off in her home olympics. BELIEVE MAN (or woman, no sexism here)

Cav is way more of an endurance rider than any of these guys. He just cycled 3,497km in 3 weeks. A 10km elimination race isn't gonna do much to him.

Cavendish did the Madison - a sort of mad doubles version of the points race - in Beijing with Wiggins. They didn't medal though.

Cavendish is a road sprinter, who sprints after riding 200km, so definitiely an endurance athlete.

Well there you go if he didnt medal last time in a similar event then why would he be so good for this?

Back