• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

The athletes are 100% feeding off the performances and being inspired by the guys winning medals, the crowds are helping hugely too..

Home advantage is helping for sure, but for some like Adlington, she couldnt handle it so its not only an advantage

Bit sad listening to Cavandish talking about the Omnium. Cav would absolutely run away with the Omnium. I can't see Clancy doing well enough in this to get Gold.

The athletes are 100% feeding off the performances and being inspired by the guys winning medals, the crowds are helping hugely too..

Home advantage is helping for sure, but for some like Adlington, she couldnt handle it so its not only an advantage

Absolutely. The pressure they are under must be immense.

They changed the cycling rules so you could only be in 1 event. Seems totally unfair as every other discipline lets you enter as many as you want.

Haven't studied this too closely, but it's weird. To ride the TT you had to do the road race. To enter the keirin you had to do another event as well, some were put in the road race and wasted a spot for their country.

Why isn't Cav in more events? He's only done 1 hasn't he?

He needed to ride a world cup track event in the last 2 years to qualify. He was too busy fulfilling his commitments to road team employers to take time off to compete in these. I also think he completely fell out of love with track cycling after Beijing.

Not slating Becky at all, but I just don't think she is as good as the Chinese who won the gold. Becky WAS behind her own best, but the winner smashed Becky's WR anyway, so even if Becky was at her best she still wouldn't have won. 2 Bronze's is a fine effort, 4 medals from 2 olympics is awesome

Really looking forward to the 100m final later, think Yohan Blake will take it honestly. I'm sure Usain Bolt will end up winning though

Back