• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Question: Why's the English media and the English FA trying to claim the moral high ground on this whole 'racism' thing?

I don't recall the English media setting up tents outside The FA's plush Wembley Stadium HQ when it was announced that John Terry - a man up on a charge of racial abuse - would be representing the country? It seems that this is conveniently forgotten, presumably in the hope that - with him in the side - England might redress its embarrassing record at tournaments. I honestly don't think the English FA have any firm ground to be making any sort of comments on this; just smacks of complete and utter hypocrisy.

It is nauseating, isn't it?

VDV disagrees, and Pav missed some absolute shockers. He could hit a ball, but he's not a great finisher, he's like Defoe, he lacks finesse. The sort of goal Welbeck scored against Belgium, you would never see from Pav. That is a class finish.

Pav rarely missed open goals. I can only remember less than 5 easy chances that he has missed for us. In contrast, Adebayor and VDV wasted more than 30 one-on-one chances last season. This is why I will always rate Pavly higher than Adebayor and VDV as a goal scorer. Say what you want about his lack of workrate, he is our best finisher for a long long time.

Last edited:
In my opinion he really wasn't, unless you believe finishing is hitting the ball as hard as you can every time, and sending it to the upper tier. You're entitled to your opinion, but mine is pretty clear.

One on ones with the keeper and chances you would expect to be finished he was reliable, by far our best finisher. As for long range shooting it was very hit and miss, more miss but scored some crackers. Fair enough a lot of the time it didn't come off but it was a nice change to see some one at least try long range shots because just about everyone else wants to pass the ball into the net.....

Pav can get a goal from nowhere, I haven't see that from Ade, he's a pretty weak striker of the ball. The goal he got against us at the Lane about 5 years ago was a cracker but he doesn't seem to hit many like that.

blah blah blah...something expensive
the look on tinkle stains face when he got sent off...priceless

The guide on zonalmarking.net is useful to find out which players are likely to be starting (though not so much use now!).
I bagged Malafeev as reserve keeper based on their info - it's possible Akinfeev might come back in though, think he has a slight knee injury.

6th in the GG league for me (Lewandowski as captain). Downhill from now on :)

Pav rarely missed open goals. I can only remember less than 5 easy chances that he has missed for us. In contrast, Adebayor and VDV wasted more than 30 one-on-one chances last season. This is why I will always rate Pavly higher than Adebayor and VDV as a goal scorer. Say what you want about his lack of workrate, he is our best finisher for a long long time.

Pray tell us what they were. I remember him missing three absolute sitters in ONE match!

Here's my preview for the Netherlands v Denmark game that I typed up earlier. I'll be following some of the major nations during Euro 2012, to gain some experience (and waste a bit of free time) in journalism and reporting.

http://maldinisphysio.blogspot.co.uk/

Feel free to PM me some constructive criticism for my first post. It's very basic at the moment as I have not had time to correct the layout and make things for aesthetically pleasing.

Ciao!

[video=youtube;w2NfqPsls2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2NfqPsls2Y[/video]

The thing that shocks me most is the Polish reaction to it.

"After the Russia-Czech Republic match a fight broke out. A large number of fans in Russia T-shirts attacked security guards then ran away. Four guards were hospitalised but soon released after receiving first aid," Marcin Herra told TVP INFO (Polish State Television) on Saturday. "Such things can occur over the next 22 days. If it gets hot, drinks will be consumed and such things can happen. It's a normal situation."

No one has been arrested. If this happened in an English or German Stadium, they'd now be locked up.
This stuff is gonna continue to happen because people will get away it as the authorities turn a blind eye.

With a current average of 3.5 goals and 1 red card a game, I can't wait for more Euro 2012.

Yup. I wasn't expecting much excitement from the first 2 games but both were brilliant for their own reasons. Interesting couple of games today with a couple of the tournament favourites playing.

Stekelenburg; Van der Wiel, Heitinga, Vlaar, Willems; Van Bommel, N de Jong; Robben, Sneijder, Afellay; Van Persie

Back