• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Usyk saying 23rd December
Warren saying no date set
Hope not as that’s the Xmas Spurs tinkle up against Everton haha

Well I think that's me done with boxing TBH. Tyson lost that IMO and the non committal to the 23rd Decemeber means that won't be on the cards till 2024 so the fans lose lose and lose again.

If you are going to throw spanners in the works don't con fans into decisions like tonight, award the right man the result and you pull fans in and along with you...far to cynical a sport now.

Francis was brilliant tonight, you can under estimate beating the HW champion of the world in your first bout in the pro ranks. Forget the furore around the scepticism of the cross codes, I have it too, but people were robbed of what would have been the biggest upset in sport for some time if not all time, that's really something IMO. If you are not gonna give the right results, don't put them on

Well I think that's me done with boxing TBH. Tyson lost that IMO and the non committal to the 23rd Decemeber means that won't be on the cards till 2024 so the fans lose lose and lose again.

If you are going to throw spanners in the works don't con fans into decisions like tonight, award the right man the result and you pull fans in and along with you...far to cynical a sport now.

Francis was brilliant tonight, you can under estimate beating the HW champion of the world in your first bout in the pro ranks. Forget the furore around the scepticism of the cross codes, I have it too, but people were robbed of what would have been the biggest upset in sport for some time if not all time, that's really something IMO. If you are not gonna give the right results, don't put them on

I haven't watched it yet. Did he actually manage to out box Fury!? Or was Fury just not with it.

Personally don’t think it was as clear cut as most think it was. Francis has the moral victory and everyone rates his performance as he was the underdog. He landed one big punch to Fury’s temple which knocked him down. But Fury then came back winning most of the middle rounds with Francis doing nothing of note, taking shots, breathing heavily and hanging in there. Francis got second wind at the end of the fight but it was relatively even on punches landed.

Fury’s timing wasn’t laser sharp and Francis was able to take the punches that connected. It was an impressive fight from him. Idk what all the - I’ll never watch boxing again- hysteria is all about. Francis stepped up impressively. Fury wasn’t at his best. The contest was effectively a draw. Both boxers made many millions, fair play to them. Standard then. But we got 10 rounds with far more action than most predicted.

The undisputed heavyweight fight between Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk is unlikely to happen until next year, says promoter Frank Warren.

Fury beat Francis Ngannou on Saturday via a controversial split decision in a non-title fight in Saudi Arabia.

Briton Fury is the WBC champion and has agreed to fight Ukraine's Usyk, who holds the three other world titles.

"We were going to do it on 23 December. I doubt that will happen now," Warren told the 5 Live boxing podcast.

"Tyson can't be going into a camp after a tough fight like that. That's eight weeks away.

"He needs at least a bit of time to get himself, his body, back into shape. Let it heal. Then get into a camp. It will be on early next year."

WBA, WBO and IBF champion Usyk was ringside and the two faced off in the ring after the fight.

Negotiations for a meeting between Fury and Usyk went on for the best part of a year until it was agreed in September.

A fight against Fury, which would crown the first undisputed heavyweight champion in the four-belt era, would form part of 'Riyadh Season' - an entertainment events festival held in Saudi Arabia's capital every winter since 2019.

"'Riyadh season' finishes in March, so [Fury-Usyk] could take place up until March," Warren said.

I haven't watched it yet. Did he actually manage to out box Fury!? Or was Fury just not with it.

By far the stronger man, Fury couldn't dominate him like he can others.

He was the aggressor and landed huge shots all night though, Fury out worked him in 6 of 10 rounds and Ngannou had him down so at worse it's a draw if stats are peoples thing but for me, as with the 7th round when Fury was ready to drop again, Ngannou had him in more of a crisis area than the other way round.

I had Francis winning it TBH

It's never going to happen, same with AJ v Wilder, AJ v Fury
Awesome fights the public would absolutely love to watch and would tune in in their millions

Back