• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

I like wallin and alot of people in boxing feel he is being slept on. Wouldn't shock me if he gives AJ a real rough time

The desired outcome for all is both AJ and Wilder win and the event closes with them facing off in the ring or one of them calling the other out officially, maybe setting up for Feb on the Usyk/Fury card but that seems too soon.

I don't think either fight is a gimme, Parker is winding down on his career now it seems but he'll give it one last big go, though his chin seems to have gone now.

I really want to see AJ/Wilder, wanted it for years, more excited about that then Fury/Usyk for sure.

After the jibe about Edwards Dad I really hope I wake up to the news that Leon has absolutely battered Colby Covington.

The guy truly has no shame and no doubt in years ahead will just say his behavior was fine as he was playing a character but it isn't wrestling / theater. I guess the ambition is to rile people up and Dana White will be happy with that for generating interest but there's a line. He must be laughing at the way boxing is going as many fans are moving to a combat sport where you simply can't hide and the best face the best or vacate whatever title you have.

After the jibe about Edwards Dad I really hope I wake up to the news that Leon has absolutely battered Colby Covington.

The guy truly has no shame and no doubt in years ahead will just say his behavior was fine as he was playing a character but it isn't wrestling / theater. I guess the ambition is to rile people up and Dana White will be happy with that for generating interest but there's a line. He must be laughing at the way boxing is going as many fans are moving to a combat sport where you simply can't hide and the best face the best or vacate whatever title you have.
It's a joke that he's even been given a title shot to be honest. Its been 18 months since he last fought when he beat Masvidal and that's the only victory he has since losing his second fight with Usman. Dana loves Colby for some reason, I hope it doesnt happen too but I bet we see Colby just out wrestle Edwards for 5 rounds and take the title.

It's a joke that he's even been given a title shot to be honest. Its been 18 months since he last fought when he beat Masvidal and that's the only victory he has since losing his second fight with Usman. Dana loves Colby for some reason, I hope it doesnt happen too but I bet we see Colby just out wrestle Edwards for 5 rounds and take the title.

I'd guess it's the ability to generate interest, even Trump at the fight stating he'd put the belt on Colby himself, it's pandering to a certain demographic. Funnily enough both of them wretched human beings can't accept when they lose, who'd have thunk it? It's truly sad that many people idolise and revere that type of personality.

Well in Edwards, it must have been tricky to not lose his head but from the looks of it just got the job done. Shame there wasn't a stoppage involving an unconventional use of the maga hat but you can't have everything in life!

Easy in the end wasn't it
Covington is done, don't think he'd beat many if any of the current top 10 in the division, just a fudging bell end who plays a character to keep himself relevant and now that's not goingt o get him anywhere. 0-3 in title fights now, fudging loser.

During their face off in at the weigh ins you could hear him say "I was in character" to Edwards, what a piece of brick, no wonder Masvidal gave him a good hiding when he saw him in public after their fight.

When you have Jon Jones, another piece of brick saying that he's a total wrongun, you know he's just bad stock.

I'm rather confused by the Strickland/ Du Plessis brawl, isn't attacking someone outside of the confines of peaceful combat like an actual crime? It definitely used to be but I know the USA is a bit odd with laws sometimes.

It was kind of Strickland to ask the kids to move out of the way first but even still, like what the fu ck?

I'm rather confused by the Strickland/ Du Plessis brawl, isn't attacking someone outside of the confines of peaceful combat like an actual crime? It definitely used to be but I know the USA is a bit odd with laws sometimes.

It was kind of Strickland to ask the kids to move out of the way first but even still, like what the fu ck?
The cynic in me says it was all pre-planned to a degree, why sit them so close in the first place, plenty of cameras on them, fight to build... ppvs to sell.

• Leon Edwards earned a hefty $1,042,000 from his UFC 296 fight and could potentially make $1,642,000 with bonuses.
  • Edwards displayed dominance over Colby Covington, landing more significant strikes and successfully defending his UFC welterweight title in the process.
  • Paddy Pimblett earned a smaller payout of $154,500 for his win over Tony Ferguson, but he has the potential to make a huge sum if he fights for and wins the lightweight world championship down the line

Late night / Early morning for the 500 fans in attendance tomorrow

What time are the ring walks for the main events?

The ring walks for Wilder v Parker will be around 1:35 am local time (2:35am UAE, 10:35pm UK).

The ring walks for Joshua v Wallin are scheduled for 2:45am local time (3:45am UAE, 11:45pm UK).

Main event timings are subject to change due to the length of the undercard fights

I was umming and ahhing about whether to buy the ppv for tonight, decided against it.

Just tuned in to a watch along on talksport for the Parker Wilder fight and I've seen / heard better atmospheres in sexual health clinics. It's almost eerily quite, like COVID lockdown levels when fans weren't allowed to attend.

Getting the vibe that Wilder doesn't really fancy it but that one shot punch power is still lurking around there somewhere.

Glad Dubois got back on track and beat the drug cheat though.

Back