• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Doesn't seem the same bloke to me at the minute, lost a spark or something. Maybe it's the fresh realisation after a tough night, just looks done with it all.

The guy might have just realized he's a bit of a myth, 6 world title fights (3 against people he's already beaten) and he's claiming to be the best ever? Nb I didn't do that research myself but however you look at it it's not brilliant when the guy is taking time out to do wrestling or lose exhibition fights against MMA fighters, he'll be fighting Tommy Fury next....

Unless you have serious cognitive processing difficulties, being a walking contradiction starts to catch up with you. It's difficult as I do think he's done good things and been a positive advocate for mental health awareness (at times) but also is just a bit of a massive taco who has helped boxing become a bit of a joke.

Hearn is really trying to get in on the Ngannou thing now, he probably knows that he may get found out in boxing quite soon so wants to be the one to make the money.

Classic boxing promoter tactics I guess.

I'd be more interested in seeing Ngannou in the rumoured mixed rules match with Wilder in PFL.

Deontay Wilder is holding talks for a fight in Saudi Arabia on December 23, with reports suggesting that Anthony Joshua could appear on the same bill ahead of a potential fight in 2024.

Negotiations had been held earlier this year for a long-awaited fight between the heavyweight rivals and Wilder this week reiterated his desire to finally share the ring with Joshua.

But Wilder is now set to return against an unnamed opponent next month, while Joshua is also expected to return to action in a separate fight in the Middle East on the same show

Wilder has been absent from the ring for over a year since an explosive first-round knockout win over Robert Helenius last October.

Joshua also faced Helenius in his last fight, and it ended in a seventh-round knockout win this August.

If they both emerge victorious, Wilder and Joshua could settle their long-running rivalry next year.

What's Joseph Parker doing there? Wilder is almost 40 now and just seems to be drifting to retirement with pay checks rather than trying to get back on top

What's Joseph Parker doing there? Wilder is almost 40 now and just seems to be drifting to retirement with pay checks rather than trying to get back on top
The entire heavyweight line up is drifting into retirement and taking pay checks.

The whole system needs shaking up in terms of challengers and mandatory bouts. Otherwise this is how boxing is now - watching people who might be good boxers fight people who are probably terrible boxers, but we don't know because the supposedly good boxers never fight each other.

Bob Arum has confirmed Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk are finally set to announce their long-awaited undisputed heavyweight showdown on Thursday.

The long-awaited showdown between WBC title-holder Fury and unified WBA, WBO and IBF champion Usyk is set to be held in Saudi Arabia with next February mooted as the date.

Arum, CEO of Fury's American promoter Top Rank, told Sky Sports News all will be revealed at a press conference in London and is excited to see the two go head-to-head in a bid for undisputed status.

"I can confirm they will fight each other in Saudi Arabia," Arum said.

"There will be a press conference in London, Thursday of this week, and they'll confirm the date and all the other circumstances about the fight taking place. But yes, the fight will be taking place.

A clash between Fury and Usyk had been tentatively pencilled in for December 23 prior to the former's split-decision win over Francis Ngannou last month, but now looks set to take place early next year instead

Arum gave assurances Fury is injury free, however, and is adamant the 35-year-old will be at his best after a below-par showing against former UFC heavyweight champion Ngannou, who was competing in his first professional boxing match.

"He is ready to fight in February, if that's when it happens," Arum said. "Going in with Ngannou, who showed himself to be very talented, nobody had a book on him because he never had a prize fight.

"Fighting Usyk is totally different because they have reams and reams of film on Usyk. I think Tyson will be a lot better prepared against Usyk than he was against Ngannou.

"I have great confidence in Tyson Fury. He's a great competitor and he'll be at his best against Usyk.

"I really believe Fury against Usyk will be a classic match."

Bob Arum has confirmed Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk are finally set to announce their long-awaited undisputed heavyweight showdown on Thursday.

The long-awaited showdown between WBC title-holder Fury and unified WBA, WBO and IBF champion Usyk is set to be held in Saudi Arabia with next February mooted as the date.

Arum, CEO of Fury's American promoter Top Rank, told Sky Sports News all will be revealed at a press conference in London and is excited to see the two go head-to-head in a bid for undisputed status.

"I can confirm they will fight each other in Saudi Arabia," Arum said.

"There will be a press conference in London, Thursday of this week, and they'll confirm the date and all the other circumstances about the fight taking place. But yes, the fight will be taking place.

A clash between Fury and Usyk had been tentatively pencilled in for December 23 prior to the former's split-decision win over Francis Ngannou last month, but now looks set to take place early next year instead

Arum gave assurances Fury is injury free, however, and is adamant the 35-year-old will be at his best after a below-par showing against former UFC heavyweight champion Ngannou, who was competing in his first professional boxing match.

"He is ready to fight in February, if that's when it happens," Arum said. "Going in with Ngannou, who showed himself to be very talented, nobody had a book on him because he never had a prize fight.

"Fighting Usyk is totally different because they have reams and reams of film on Usyk. I think Tyson will be a lot better prepared against Usyk than he was against Ngannou.

"I have great confidence in Tyson Fury. He's a great competitor and he'll be at his best against Usyk.

"I really believe Fury against Usyk will be a classic match."
Won't happen.

Interesting dynamic now with boxing. Hearn and Uncle Frank seem best of mates and Miller on a card where Hearn said previously he wouldn't ever work with him again.

Seems Hearns run out of road with Matchroom and Dazn and needs a slice of this pie along with his recent comments that boxers would need to suck up the misfits stuff as he attempts to get a slice of that pie.

What a pile

Back