• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

The same time he learns he will not go any further as a boxer. He has been found out and has gone as far as he can with his style of boxing.

Agreed. He's not tough enough mentally and with that glass chin he's always vulnerable for the counter.

Forgot Khan was fighting tonight, can't say I dislike the man but does come across extremely arrogant for someone who has been a bit ropey for a while and with his chin, although he does tend to hold up against big damage once the fight gets into the latter stages. Thought he was unlucky against Peterson but that Garcia fight was just hilarious. Apparently he is going to fight the winner of a potential Garcia vs. Petersen match in December.

Froch coming up in May, that fight will be a cracker.

Oh and Bones Jones will likely be in a cell tonight after he murders Sonnen in the cage, hope our boy Bisping can get back to winning ways too.

Shame for Murray did really well against one of the top P4P's in his own country.

I don't see why Khan seems to still be in the running for the big fights, it must be because he generates decent sales and money because by rights he's had his chances in big fights and flopped them. To be fair his fights are usually fairly exciting and he does somehow manage to take some big shots.

He did fight a bloke who has lost his last 15 (1 draw in there I think) but its a good start, gotta start somewhere.

Anyone see Bones foot at the end of that fight!? Was great TV (although I bet it hurt like hell!) they cut to his foot in the post-fight interview with his big toe half hanging off and both Rogan and Jon Jones were like "brick!" "Oh my GHod!" etc then someone in the TV crew must have said behind the scenes "Stop zooming in on the toe FFS lol" cos everytime Bones and Rogan looked down the cameraman stayed on there shocked faces and wouldn't show it again!!

Anyway, easy win, the mans so good he dominated Sonnen at his own style (Who is probably gonna have to quit and stick to his TV work now)

Dana White said he got a call from Anderson Silva after Jones finished Sonnen, asking for a super fight, White wouldn't confirm if it was Jones or GSP he asked for but I assume its Jones, it could be on for next year if Siva beats Weidman!

Silva running from Bisping do you think!? lol.. just kidding, I love Bisping, decent win at weekend. I hope what he's been saying about numbness in his arms and the neck surgery fixing him works.. because without that knockout power he really has to grind out decisions and keep doing it the hard way.

Also, Roy Nelson.. gotta love him huh!?

Big Country is just awesome haha, granite chin and KO power most HW's dream of having.

Got a feeling we will see Cormier vs. Nelson next, big fight for both, after taking all that damage from JDS and not going down I don't think there is anyone in the UFC who can finish him standing up and his BJJ is top notch too. We might be seeing him having a run at that title I reckon.

I used to hate Bisping but must say I really like him now, used his mind games to get into Belchers head and just dominated him, as you say if he had KO power then he would have had that title fight by now IMO. Hope he is back soon healthy and up for another run at the title. I have a feeling Silva will vacate after the Weidman fight and that opens up the 185 division massively.

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Was it just because the the other fella was a lot better than most realised? I was hoping that was the case as Burns was definitely one of the boxers that many had high hopes for.

On the MMA front, Did people see that BT Sport have got the rights for UFC for 3 years starting this summer?

Not sure what to make of it really but seems they really are going all out with their sport trying to pick up as much good stuff as they can. Sounds like they wont only be showing the main events but also add some other programmes like some behind the scenes shows etc and try and make a big deal of promoting it. Can only be good for UFC in this country I guess.

BT's new sports channels will become the home of UFC mixed martial events and lifestyle programming from August 3. The three–year partnership will see broadcasts of all UFC's live and taped output and, for the first time, will include originally produced programmes for the UK and Irish audience.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship has ambitions to grow its already strong UK fan base alongside its global brand. The initiative is being led by Garry Cook, the seasoned sports executive who took up the role eight months ago.

"The keys to success for UFC, in broadcast terms, are to identify strategic partners who are committed to building the business together – beyond just airing non–European premium live content," explained Cook, executive vice president and managing director of UFC in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. "The UFC's elite performance athletes are the most committed and dedicated in the world of sport. This new relationship will help people gain a more in–depth understanding of the sport, the fighters and our brand."

The UK and Ireland is considered a major market by the UFC and it hopes to forge a key strategic partnership with BT Sport. "The partnership is about developing the business, the brand and the sport," said Cook.

"It's not just about airing the fights, but developing the narrative around this sport, which has great exponents. They train harder, work harder, and are revered by the team sports. Time and again, rugby players and footballers are full of admiration for our athletes and we need to be able to tell that story."

UFC programming on BT Sport
• More than 400 hours of programming over three years

• Coverage starts with UFC 163 live from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where Jose Aldo defends the UFC featherweight title against Anthony Pettis on August 3.

• More than 30 UFC events throughout the year

• The Ultimate Fighter series

• A weekly UK–dedicated UFC magazine show plus UFC magazine programmes produced in the USA

How to watch UFC on BT Sport
BT Sport will be free for anyone who subscribes to BT Broadband. The channels can also be obtained for £15 per month with a £3 supplement for HD.

There will be three ways to access BT Sport programming: via BT Infinity, via a Sky box (whether or not you're a Sky subscriber) and via btsport.com

Last edited:
Ah, I have BT Infinity so I can get those channels, was worried I would have to start streaming / downloading events in the morning.

Although I do see this as a step backwards for the UFC in this country, I get the feeling they wanted Sky to get on board but they didn't see it as a big enough draw considering it's 3am start times.

Ah, I have BT Infinity so I can get those channels, was worried I would have to start streaming / downloading events in the morning.

Although I do see this as a step backwards for the UFC in this country, I get the feeling they wanted Sky to get on board but they didn't see it as a big enough draw considering it's 3am start times.

Yeah I think that's why if you dig out the full articles the BT guy is saying they are making a big deal out of it and there will be some 'made for UK' UFC programmes like a weekly chat show etc and probably some behind the scenes stuff. They know it has huge potential and it's a probably a whole bunch of viewers that might not have been interested in BT sport for the football or rugby etc.

I hope they do a good job. If they could promote it well enough there could end up being much more PPVs in the UK at a reasonable time which in turns increases interest and builds the sport.

I still wonder how long it will be until a UFC result appear on SSN?

or a BBC article on Bisping / Hardy etc. The BBC don't even list it under the sports section but have Judo haha.

Sky used to cover it a tiny bit online when they had the GSP / Koscheck TUF on SS3 a few years ago, nothing since.

Well Dana and Gary Cook both said that if a deal can be done in the UK they will guarantee up to 4 UK based cards a year, then lock the date with the venues for a few years, London, Manchester, Ireland and somewhere else... so hopefully they do and bring the big fights for a change.

article-2326451-19D80AC8000005DC-266_634x454.jpg

fudge me, did anyone see Denis Lebedevs injuries?

Lee Purdy fights in Atlantic City for a world title tonight, he is my mates brother, nver met him though but seems a good lad on interviews

Lee Purdy fights in Atlantic City for a world title tonight, he is my mates brother, nver met him though but seems a good lad on interviews

Unfortunately out of his depth there. Hopefully better luck next time.
Matthyse-Peterson was quite a surprise. Always felt Matthyse would win but not by KO in round 3

Meanwhile Froch seems desperate for PPV buys. Yesterday he was talking about having to kill Kessler if need be.

Back