• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Probably the biggest loser last night was Fury. The man his whole career rep seems to be bulit on, getting a boxing lesson from a journeyman and Joshua completely taking apart a fighter who took Fury the distance.

Just caught up with the Edwards/Covington UFC card from before Xmas.

Although the main event was a disappointing spectacle...due to Covington looking snail slow and bizarrely cautious...one can only conclude that Covington is one of the biggest clams around. Talking about Edwards dad like that. Plus a fudging walking billboard for old rotisserie chicken face Trump. Joker thought he'd won the fight as well.

Shame that KO in the first main card fight wasn't dished out to him. (that was scary brick)

Covered my first ever UFC event. Hopefully it's my last. Barbaric blood sport. Photographer next to me actually had blood spattered onto his hand and camera. Yuk! Made good pics, though. Two in the Daily Melee.

You know they're in there voluntarily though right? I find it odd to hear peaceful combat described as barbaric, possibly a while back before there were much in the way of rules when it really was a bloodbath. Now going back to gladiatorial days with fighting to the death and unwilling competitors, that's barbaric!

My thing to adjust to coming from boxing was the idea of being able to carry on striking someone when they're down, obviously there's a lot of responsibility on the refs, it's a hell of a job.

Speaking of boxing, watched the Natasha Jonas fight. In the USA, Meyer wins that fight, she'll feel robbed there because she seemed stronger and put in much better work, which was apparent by Jonas' face afterwards. Jonas very lucky to win and I imagine she'll not want the rematch. What a buzzkill playing the national anthems before the fight, you build up to a massive event with the undercards and then everything has to stop for dirge-y national theme tunes...

You know they're in there voluntarily though right? I find it odd to hear peaceful combat described as barbaric, possibly a while back before there were much in the way of rules when it really was a bloodbath. Now going back to gladiatorial days with fighting to the death and unwilling competitors, that's barbaric!

My thing to adjust to coming from boxing was the idea of being able to carry on striking someone when they're down, obviously there's a lot of responsibility on the refs, it's a hell of a job.

Speaking of boxing, watched the Natasha Jonas fight. In the USA, Meyer wins that fight, she'll feel robbed there because she seemed stronger and put in much better work, which was apparent by Jonas' face afterwards. Jonas very lucky to win and I imagine she'll not want the rematch. What a buzzkill playing the national anthems before the fight, you build up to a massive event with the undercards and then everything has to stop for dirge-y national theme tunes...
That Bryce Mitchell KO from a month back was scary as hell.

Sidey was leaking pretty badly but fought well. Home crowd cheering him on. Very narrow win for Taveras.

Strickland was the worst, though. Hard time seeing out his left eye. Lucky to finish the fight.

Sidey was leaking pretty badly but fought well. Home crowd cheering him on. Very narrow win for Taveras.

Strickland was the worst, though. Hard time seeing out his left eye. Lucky to finish the fight.
That's definitely one difference to boxing...they are allowed to carry on with some horrific looking facial injuries.

Sidey was a weird one as I don't think he was damaged that much...it was that nick on his nose was relentlessly bleeding.

Back