• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

It's just typical boxing really, all talk and politics about big fights that never happen. No point following the news anymore when it's all talk. The 2 biggest fights this year have been David V Garcia and Spence V Crawford and both apparently came about because the boxers spoke to each other and ordered their promoters to get it sorted out.

Two of the best and biggest fights ever last week, best performances I have seen in the space of a week ever...Inoue and Crawford.

Hearn, Warren and Golden Boy doing the sport a disservice

Two of the best and biggest fights ever last week, best performances I have seen in the space of a week ever...Inoue and Crawford.

Hearn, Warren and Golden Boy doing the sport a disservice

Need to watch that Inoue fight, random to hold it on a weeknight.

Fury has a documentary on Netflix coming out shortly, got good reviews.

Need to watch that Inoue fight, random to hold it on a weeknight.

Fury has a documentary on Netflix coming out shortly, got good reviews.

Yeh ultra random, saying that I stumbled on him absolutely taking out McDonnell in about two rounds, that was something like a wednesday 12 noon our time

Eddie Hearn says representatives from Saudi Arabia are in London this weekend to finalise a fight between Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder.

As long as Joshua wins tonight, that blockbuster bout could take place in January.

With Wilder in mind, the big question is whether Joshua can match (or at least go near to matching) 'The Bronze Bomber’s’ performance against Robert Helenius.

It took Wilder just three minutes to finish off the Finn in October. Joshua meanwhile has not knocked an opponent out in the first half of a fight since 2016, when he stopped Eric Molina in the third round.

Beats a bloke who literally took the fight a week ago in the 7th round and gives it the big one afterwards, he is a pillock
I genuinely hope Wilder knocks his head off

Beats a bloke who literally took the fight a week ago in the 7th round and gives it the big one afterwards, he is a pillock

Wishing death on a boxer in the ring, calling one of our longest serving players a prick, not super classy moves there but you do you I guess..It takes bravery to step in to the ring against anyone at the pro level, it doesn't take bravery to deride other people's achievements on the Internet.

I do have some fear for Joshua going in against Wilder if the fight gets made, he could get seriously hurt but on the other hand there is a touch of potential for it to be an epic fight (or abruptly finished in one Wilder punch after 5 rounds of scrappy back and forth).

As a young man I liked boxing but as I've got older I believe it is barbaric, you have to have a violent streak to want to harm a strange for money or fun. I tried it out as a teenager and soon realised I didn't like getting hurt or hurting others.

It was bizarre that he got out of the ring the minute the ref called it finished. Great punch to end it, but a lack-lustre display throughout.

At the end of R1 sat on his chair, loads of close-ups of him while his trainer talked, to me, there looked nothing behind the eyes, looked to have no fire, no passion, nothing, to use Rocky, there was no 'Eye of the Tiger'

I dont wish the guy any woe, but I would be worried for him if gets in Wilder or Fury, if he goes in with the same sort of call-it apathy, he could receive some serious damage to his health

It was bizarre that he got out of the ring the minute the ref called it finished. Great punch to end it, but a lack-lustre display throughout.

At the end of R1 sat on his chair, loads of close-ups of him while his trainer talked, to me, there looked nothing behind the eyes, looked to have no fire, no passion, nothing, to use Rocky, there was no 'Eye of the Tiger'

I dont wish the guy any woe, but I would be worried for him if gets in Wilder or Fury, if he goes in with the same sort of call-it apathy, he could receive some serious damage to his health
The 'look' 'the eyes thing'...I agree.
I think it's since the Ruiz fight.

If you believe you're going to win, either skillfully, with heart or just laying it all out there... you're in the game.

Once you're scared of losing, that's all gone and you're done. That where AJ is.

RH is a game fighter but thats about it, a weeks notice and AJ looked basic again, great finish but he looks like everyone has said, limited in terms of true boxing skills. If he did not look jacked people would have alot worse to say about AJ, his body and marketing helps cover up a multitude of sins.

As for carrying the HW division, he does not even have a belt, he is half the problem IMO

Back