• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

High press teams are loving this 5 sub rule.

High press or high tempo? We're not high press but our fitness and subs seem to mean we're finishing stronger than our opponents. 1st half is our problem.

Tbf we've not been high tempo.

I don’t understand why tackles like Trippier’s, where it could result in an injury to the opponent and no attempt is made to play the ball, are only given a yellow. Give a red and players won’t do that.

I’m totally in favour of tackles like this being red when the player is clearly not making an attempt at the ball. There was one in Rangers v HIbs over the weekend where the player was correctly sent off.

Time to bring up the debate about ‘orange cards’ and being put in the sin bin.

Really impressive by Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I know they've spent some money, but it's not like that team is filled with players the top clubs would have wanted to sign.

Can't remember the last time I saw Walker given that many problems by a winger. Perhaps he's lost a bit of pace? Still though. Fantastic fake from Saint-Maximin.

It really bugs me how much they raise their game against us. Even when they play brick elsewhere.

I think they do raise their game.

I also think part of it now is that their style is a good "solution" for our style, not as much against other teams.

We need to play significantly better or find different solutions he next time we face them.

Fudge me Leeds made Koulibally look like a clutz while we made him look like a superstar.

To be fair there were some signs of that against us too. Couple of turnovers we really could have done better with. But we're unable to sustain a high press like Leeds can and so we weren't able to highlight that.

I don’t understand why tackles like Trippier’s, where it could result in an injury to the opponent and no attempt is made to play the ball, are only given a yellow. Give a red and players won’t do that.

I’ve only seen it once but to me it looked a cynical filthy “tackle”. Downgrading it to yellow gives a license to everyone else to do the same.

I’m totally in favour of tackles like this being red when the player is clearly not making an attempt at the ball. There was one in Rangers v HIbs over the weekend where the player was correctly sent off.

Time to bring up the debate about ‘orange cards’ and being put in the sin bin.

I think the Trippier tackle is a yellow on it's own. High foot, knee height, but not a lot of force or studs showing iirc.

If you could get one yellow for the cynical foul, one yellow for what is anyway a somewhat dangerous yellow card foul. A red in total. I would be all for it.

As things stands when a player is making a cynical foul it's a free licence to make what would be a yellow card, somewhat nasty foul in the process. I'm not sure that's a great idea, though to be fair rather rare that players seem to take advantage of that. I don't think Trippier did either, just the best way to bring the player down he could find.

I’ve only seen it once but to me it looked a cynical filthy “tackle”. Downgrading it to yellow gives a license to everyone else to do the same.
He admitting in the interview it was a deliberate foul - what happened to Reds for a "professional foul"?
It's cheating.

This might become the next hot topic now "nobody dives"

He admitting in the interview it was a deliberate foul - what happened to Reds for a "professional foul"?
It's cheating.

This might become the next hot topic now "nobody dives"

We used to do it all the time under poch to stop teams making a break. Take the yellow and regroup. Tactical foul.

Back