• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

I want a Chelsea win, but if Chelsea get pumped I will still enjoy it. We're in the driving seat whatever happens, though more so if Chelsea won.
But a Chelsea win would put them level with us wouldn’t it?
We then have no margin for error. Any slip and that’s 3rd gone, and arsenal could pip us for top 4 to add insult to injury.

Chelsea lose, we win one of 2 and we’re home and hosed in 3rd.

Unless I’ve missed something / it’s too bloody confusing!!!

No way any top side will want De Gea after this season imo. Not what he was, he'd be a mug to turn down a big offer from Utd if they are silly enough to give it to him.

No matter what happens, we still have to do our part.

If Chelsea win and go on to third, United can't catch us and Arsenal need to win both games, including the last one at Burnley. We could lose our last four games and still end up fourth if Burnley get a draw or if Arsenal fail to beat Brighton.

Basically, if Man Yoo win, it'll be easier for us to get 3rd (as Chelsea will be further behind us), but also ironically move United in a position to potentially be able to catch us, and thus pipping us for a place in the top 4. I want a United win. It would pretty much mean that if we just get three more points, we'll pretty much have clinched 3rd.
We need one more win anyway, and United won't catch catch up 15 goals GD in two games! United win surely the better outcome. 1 more win for us and its done (3rd for us).

But a Chelsea win would put them level with us wouldn’t it?
We then have no margin for error. Any slip and that’s 3rd gone, and arsenal could pip us for top 4 to add insult to injury.

Chelsea lose, we win one of 2 and we’re home and hosed in 3rd.

Unless I’ve missed something / it’s too bloody confusing!!!

Yeah, if Chelsea win, they go level with us in 3rd but imo, it doesn't matter if we finish 3rd or 4th. I'd rather we had a bigger gap to 5th and 6th, meaning we can afford to rest players against Bournemouth and phuck that game up (which we might need to do, to navigate our way past Ajax in the semis of the Champions League!)

Plus Chelsea still have to go to Leicester and there's a decent chance they'll drop points there imo.

If Chelsea win and go on to third, United can't catch us and Arsenal need to win both games, including the last one at Burnley. We could lose our last four games and still end up fourth if Burnley get a draw or if Arsenal fail to beat Brighton.
This is the most important part. If we have a nightmare there is still a good chance we'll still be top 4.

Expect the worst....hope for the best

Yeah, if Chelsea win, they go level with us in 3rd but imo, it doesn't matter if we finish 3rd or 4th. I'd rather we had a bigger gap to 5th and 6th, meaning we can afford to rest players against Bournemouth and phuck that game up (which we might need to do, to navigate our way past Ajax in the semis of the Champions League!)

Plus Chelsea still have to go to Leicester and there's a decent chance they'll drop points there imo.
There's a significant difference in CL money between 3rd and 4th, as well as some difference in money from the PL as well.
CL qualification money is dived 40-30-20-10 between 1st and 4th. So 3rd gets twice as much as 4th.

We need one more win to guarantee top 4, that's about all there is to it at this point. Beat Bournemouth and it's job done. 100-1 on we'll wind up having to beat Everton though.

But the arse will also take us if rooster up. We have to aim for 3rd.

I think. :D

There's a significant difference in CL money between 3rd and 4th, as well as some difference in money from the PL as well.
CL qualification money is dived 40-30-20-10 between 1st and 4th. So 3rd gets twice as much as 4th.

The market pool, ie. tv money, is split as you say, but also dependent on how far clubs go. Prize money is the same for everyone.

That may be, but it's better to be further clear of the teams in 5th and 6th imo. Utd losing means they are out of it. Arsenal 4 points down with Brighton and Burnley to play, if we lose against Bournemouth I'd rather be a point ahead of Arsenal with them having Burnley away on the last day than level with Utd with them having Cardiff at home on the last day. And with Chelsea away to Leicester and us at home to Everton, there's still a good chance we'd nick 3rd anyway.

And with Ajax either side of the Bournemouth game, we might need to rotate a lot for Bournemouth to give ourselves the best chance of getting past Ajax. So the more points we can afford to drop, the better.

In a race for 3rd and 4th I'd take that into account but while we're in a race to not finish 5th I'll ignore it.

Back